I know I'm repeating myself here but... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know I'm repeating myself here but...

Nah, I like Jay and always have. I think we can win games with him and I wont scream if starts because AJ isnt ready. I said all along if we can upgrade we should upgrade. I believe AJ may be an upgrade, he can make all the throws, Jay cant. Both are smart, tough, competitive and dont get rattled. AJ also has youth. But like I said if AJ isnt ready I ant got no problems with Jay starting out.

BlueFin said:
Its viewed as a bad move only because there were higher rated players on the board, I think the general consensus of those in the know was that Minnesota suckered Rick on that deal, will it matter long term? Of course no one knows for sure until it all plays out, obviously if Wilfork becomes a dominant DT and Carey flops it will look real bad down the road.

If it goes the other way he'll look like a genius, justs like the Feely deal.

Who's general consensus? Yours? I heard numerous reports that said NE was on the phone. Mybe they werent. But I have heard the reports from credible media sources. Sorry cant remember which ones, I have read numerous articles at numerous sites over the past month or so so I dont remember.

Any move is a gamble, if BB in NE lets Law get away and his replacement suks, how does he look? Law is one of teh best in teh game, yet BB will let him walk if it comes to it based on his past dealings. News Flash -There are not any guarentees. All are gambles, educated gambles, but gambles.

rickeyrunsover said:
Nah, I like Jay and always have. I think we can win games with him and I wont scream if starts because AJ isnt ready. I said all along if we can upgrade we should upgrade. I believe AJ may be an upgrade, he can make all the throws, Jay cant. Both are smart, tough, competitive and dont get rattled. AJ also has youth. But like I said if AJ isnt ready I ant got no problems with Jay starting out.
Thats great, you must have really enjoyed the last four years of mediocre quarterbacking then.:booyeah:

rickeyrunsover said:
Who's general consensus? Yours? I heard numerous reports that said NE was on the phone. Mybe they werent. But I have heard the reports from credible media sources. Sorry cant remember which ones, I have read numerous articles at numerous sites over the past month or so so I dont remember.

Any move is a gamble, if BB in NE lets Law get away and his replacement suks, how does he look? Law is one of teh best in teh game, yet BB will let him walk if it comes to it based on his past dealings. News Flash -There are not any guarentees. All are gambles, educated gambles, but gambles.
Well no duh, the fact is the general consensus is the Dolphins panicked in moving up one spot for a fourth rounder, read the draft grades and the comments, our draft was not well regarded.

Its more than obvious Minnesota tooled us and we walked right into it, everybody knew they wanted the DE from USC and wouldn't trade that pick to anybody but the Dolphins because they would risk losing him.

like i said whose general consensus? if 50% say one thing and 50% say another. How is it there is a general consensus? Becuase that consensus happens to agree with you? I'm done with this ridiculously stupid argument.

Hey Blue fin, come up for air, the lack of oxygen is hurting your brain. Find me were Jay actually lost us games? Find one where teh defense didnt play a part, can you? Remember I will counter anything that is counterable. Yes Jay made mistakes and sometimes at bad times. He also made numerous good plays when the game was on teh line. The problem with Jay is that he is not phyusically skilled enough to actually put the team on his back and win games. He by himself wont lose games, he wont win them either. In the NFL your qb has to be able to win games, jay cant do it consistently enough. Did you enjoy the defensive breakdowns the last three years?

rickeyrunsover said:
Hey Blue fin, come up for air, the lack of oxygen is hurting your brain. Find me were Jay actually lost us games? Find one where teh defense didnt play a part, can you? Remember I will counter anything that is counterable. Yes Jay made mistakes and sometimes at bad times. He also made numerous good plays when the game was on teh line. The problem with Jay is that he is not phyusically skilled enough to actually put the team on his back and win games. He by himself wont lose games, he wont win them either. In the NFL your qb has to be able to win games, jay cant do it consistently enough. Did you enjoy the defensive breakdowns the last three years?
How about the single biggest game of the year? Game 2 with New England last year............Jay makes a perfect strike to Teddy Bruschi for 7, in fact the offense gives up 9 points on the day while scoring zero, the defense only allows 3.:bling:

MDFINFAN said:
dreadlock, at this point you don't know if anything you've written is true. You don't know if Feeley may have lasted, and we don't know what NE would have done at the draft. They had enough picks to mess with us, they could have taken Carey at 19 with a trade and still had a first round pick like they had, they had options, just to take what they know we needed and weaken us, they could have gone for Carey. We were the toughest team for them in our division last year and why not try to make that opponent weaker by taking what you know they needed. I don't know if Rick's made any mistakes right now until the end of the season. If the first 6 games look bad, that won't tell us anything except the O has to gel, it's the finish that tells us if Rick is on the right track.

Agreed, we dont KNOW anything yet. It is my opinion that rick showed his experience in these two situations. To be a good GM you need to be a bit of a poker player and I didn't get the feeling that rick played his hand well. I still think he drafted well but gave away too much for Carey and AJ. It is true that the Pats would try and stick it to us. Did they? They may have by forcing our hand with Carey when it was unecessary. Just MHO.

dreadlockera said:
Agreed, we dont KNOW anything yet. It is my opinion that rick showed his experience in these two situations. To be a good GM you need to be a bit of a poker player and I didn't get the feeling that rick played his hand well. I still think he drafted well but gave away too much for Carey and AJ. It is true that the Pats would try and stick it to us. Did they? They may have by forcing our hand with Carey when it was unecessary. Just MHO.
The Pats may have been co-conspirators, but it was the Vikings who bluffed Rick out of his socks.

Back
Top Bottom