I like Miami's TE room right now. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Miami's TE room right now.

Waller Gesicki and Pitts aren’t really TEs. And I don’t know that I want them blocking. Even the best blocking TEs get owned by DEs. And if a skilled guy like Pitts etc got rolled up on on a run play I would lose my ****

I'm not sure how anyone can see Gesicki play and call him a TE. Hes a receiver. Shaheen is a good story but hasn't done much on the field. Smythe is a decent player that isn't going to do a whole lot in the open field.

I wouldn't call it a strength just because in taking the best traits of all three players you'd come up with a great one. Grant, Parker, and Williams all have some pretty special abilities that put together would make one hell of a receiver.

I see the TE room in a very similar light to that of the WRs. You have a bunch of complementary pieces who would be great as secondary options next to a star. Whether Pitts or Chase is that guy I don't know, but they could use a true #1 option in either room.

I think Miami's te trio is decent, however none are on the Weller, Kelcee, Gronk or Kittle level. Pitts has the potential to be as much of an offensive weapon as any te already in the league. So much will depend on which team draft Pitts, which qb he's paired with and the offensive scheme.

Last edited:
I like Chase, & Smith, but if the chance of receiving the next great all-world TE presented itself, people would have a problem if Miami took him?

Can you even imagine trying to hold Miami from scoring a TD once in the RZ with a (hopefully) quality powerback, Gesicki and Pitts at TE, and two large receivers at each end?

This is a deep draft for receivers, but not for all-world extremely rare superstar TEs.

Because our receiving core was not great last year Gesicki lined up in the slot a lot. If we draft Pitts and a top WR we should start shopping Gesicki immediately. We dont need 2 pass catching TEs.

I think Miami's te trio is decent, however none are on the Weller, Kelcee, Gronk or Keller level. Pitts has the potential to be as much of an offensive weapon as any te already in the league. So much will depend on which team draft Pitts, which qb he's paired with and the offensive scheme.
I think Pitts has the chance to be elite. I have made that clear I want him. But our current unit is solid. Gesicki has gotten better as a reciever every year.

He'll never be what I think Pitts can be. Basically the level of reciever that is so good you don't take him off the field regardless of his blocking ability (like Waller). But plenty of teams would really like to have Mike.

A tight end that was on Miami's radar last year who could be drafted late this year is Matt Bushman from BYU. Bushman has had some injuries and has gotten lost in all of the excitement around Pitts and other prospects. Tight end isn't really a need, but if the team really wants to add another got prospect Bushman could be a late round pick. Bushman kicked around the idea of coming out in 2020, but opted to return to the Cougars for another season. He ended up missing the season due to injury. He's one of those tightends you can feed targets to like a workhorse. As with many BYU players, he a little older than most prospects in the draft due to his Mormon mission. I wouldn't let that stand in the way seeing that he's being selected in the later rounds. He's one of those guys that could flash early in their career if he lands in the right situation. For example the Tightend love using their tight ends and they have a few open roster spots.

Last edited:
I think Shaheen is sneaky good. Great athlete and was evolving and improving just within last year.
Not sure if Smythe blocks well enough to be that guy but he did catch his opportunities well. Gesicki is no worse than a top-10 receiving TE. Often top-7.
Our WR room needs more reliable starter material. We need an All-Pro Contender. With Devante banged up we had NO #1 for a lot of the season. Then IF Parker and PDub stay healthy we're freakin loaded and opposing Ds will quake in fear.
I like the TE's room......is the players in it I'm worry about.

Back
Top Bottom