I like Saban, but... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Saban, but...

SCall13 said:
... he is already getting in the habit of making too many excuses. There are no excuses just results. He is defending the goal pass play and the two reverses on 2nd and 3. (And of course defending all the other play calling by Linehan) This isn't the first game he has made excuses. To me, making excuses for losses gives the team a crutch to lean on because they know that if they lose again, they will be protected by an excuse. Same can be said for coaches. Also, when someone continues to make excuses about everything, it shows a lack of confidence. Is Saban losing confidence? I hope not and he probably isn't. But all these guys are men and need to be held accountable for what happens on the field. Excuses don't win football games.

It's the result of the play.

If Gus thows a TD on 3rd and 2, were all praising them for the call.

Same thing on the Reverses.... if he breaks it for 30 yards, or even 7-8 were all praising him.

I hear no one crying about him going for it on 4th earlier in the quarter. That's because we made it. If we hadn't, I'm sure that would be all over this board.

Icemac0 said:
It's the result of the play.

If Gus thows a TD on 3rd and 2, were all praising them for the call.

Same thing on the Reverses.... if he breaks it for 30 yards, or even 7-8 were all praising him.

I hear no one crying about him going for it on 4th earlier in the quarter. That's because we made it. If we hadn't, I'm sure that would be all over this board.

This has nothing to do with excuses.

Back
Top Bottom