I love Randy Mc Michael but if miami can get Kellen Winslow, they should...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I love Randy Mc Michael but if miami can get Kellen Winslow, they should......

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Randy Mc Michael is a good tight end but they reasons why he was chosen later in the 4th round despite having awesome catches. He lacks of speed and acceleration and can block decent.

In the nfl now a days, when it comes to picking a player in the first round it is always a headache. You have questions if the guy can play at a proffesional level or if they guy is even worth of a pick in such high ranks. Despite high ****y attitute and the way he likes to draw attention to himself and the media, he is a player that an offense could rely on due to his speed at his position, size, strengh but most of all his ability to catch a football.

I know what you are thinking, Randy is a good tight end can develop to be a competitive one but Kellen can develop to be the next best tight end when he comes into the league.

also....

The offensive line is one of my priorities and should be but the whole point of this thread is that if miami has a chance to grab this guy if they have a higher pick, they should dive in. No quarterback would bring an impact to what the team current goals are.

Boy am I glad you arent a candidate for GM..

On the otheryhand, you would make a great GM in Buffalo!

Terrible Idea

And McMike is fast

Plus, we have no shot

I'll second the comment "I'm glad you aren't the GM.

We don't need any Meshawns on our team no matter how talented. Ditto on Randy Moss or Terrell Owens.

Agreed, sounds like my roommate playing madden because he would draft winslow then ship mcmike for some studs elsewhere, but this isn't madden and with mcmichael and donald lee we should not look for a TE for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time

No QB would have the impact of Winslow? As much as I love him, I also love McMichael and not to mention Lee. How would a talent new to our system and in the same area of talent of McMichael be more impact then a QB?

You must be joking. We are set at TE for a while now. It would be rediculous to try to get a new TE because we need to focus on other areas. The move would not be justifiable. Randy has shown he is NFL material, and until Winslow gets to the bigs you don't know if he will actually rise up and be a star.

This is kind of like if you are set with two solid corners, should you take one in the first round? Oh wait, the Dolphins DID do that, and we all see how well that one has worked out. :rolleyes:

Let me try:

"Hey, I love Ricky, but if we can take Steven Jackson with our pick......."

"Hey, I love Zach, but if we can take Jonathan Vilma with our pick............."

"Hey, I love our corners, but if we can take Antrell Rolle with our pick......

Now........If you say Vince Wilfork or Sean Taylor....you would have to tackle me in the draft room to keep me from taking them............

You know guys Kellen will be a rookie and the veterans will put him in his place when he comes into the NFL. He will be a great TE as long as he has a QB that can deliver the ball to him.

Now, that said he should not be a first round pick for us, we need one of the top 4 QBs, if available in the first round. If not go for top OL G/T or top WRs...

:cooldude:

Yeah, Winslow is a pain in the *** who demands the ball. He is a great player, but he also thinks he is much better than he is. He drops way too many easy footballs. He makes some great plays, but messes up some easy ones too.

Did you guys see Winslow play ST's last night?
What a bawler. Does Randy or Lee play ST's?

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Randy Mc Michael is a good tight end but they reasons why he was chosen later in the 4th round despite having awesome catches.

That's like saying, "There's a reason why Shannon Sharpe was chosen in the 6th round."

Doesn't matter where you get picked. What matters is what you do after you get picked.

Back
Top Bottom