I love what Ricky said to the South Florida Reporters!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I love what Ricky said to the South Florida Reporters!!!

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm really sick of the "miraculous drop kick extra point best thing to happen to football ever by hall of famer doug flutie". Was it different? Yes. Nobody has done it in a long time? Yes. Will anyone be talking about this by next Monday? No.

Even the South Florida writers like Carl Kotala and Greg Cote are getting into it. Kotala referred to it as "miraculous"??!!! And Greg Kote kept mentioning how it was a meaningless win for Miami and how great the kick was. Is this guy even on our side??? That's when Ricky Williams said possibly the coolest thing ever. Here is an exerpt:
Ricky Williams, asked about the rare, throwback play, said, "What's the big deal?" Told it hadn't happened in 64 years, he chided reporters: "Are you guys that bored?"

The existentialist running back then called our interest in the drop kick weird.

Being called weird by Ricky Williams is an interesting sensation. It's a little like being called fat by a 640-pound man.

Here is the full article:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13531699.htm

Ricky nailed it. The South Florida sports media are such a bunch of numbnuts. Actually most of the sports media is. I know Chris Berman is probably pitching a two hour long show to the bigwigs at ESPN on how he told Flutie to do that.

And Mr. Cote, yes, Ricky Williams is an oddball. But he's a good person and a hell of a football player. You insulting him like that just shows that you all realize how inept you are. Ricky put you all in your place.

And if Mr. Cote, and this goes to all of the other would be South Floridian journalists, if you love Doug Flutie's gimmick plays so much, why don't you go offer to wash his underwear after he retires? Who knows, you might actually be qualified for it.

If you're as pissed as I am about this crap, here is Mr. Cote's e-mail address: gcote@MiamiHerald.com. Let's keep it civil and not be petty like they are.

You would have thought Flutie Flakes had beaten the University of Miami on a last 2nd Hail Mary throw with all the attention he got for the drop kick today....I don't get it?

Whats the big deal?

It happens in Rugby all the time - normally in tougher situations too.

U.S footballers should use the lateral more often too!

its not a big deal. it was kind of funny and i think it warranted a highlight, but who cares?

the drop kick was straight disrespect, and i think dolphins should be pissed off

that being said cote's article is hilarious
i laughed out loud twice

cote said of the drop kick
"Which is the NFL equivalent of the Heat allowing Shaquille O'Neal, in a real game, to attempt a free throw by heading the basketball, soccer-style, just for laughs."

i almost pissed myself... although its upsetting as a dolphins fan, he is pretty right.

Man, I really don't see what's worth getting upset about. I don't think Cote was insulting to Ricky at all.

And, personally, I thought the drop kick was cool.

Whatever, I guess, but people sure seem to get upset easy around these parts. Everyone thinks everyone is out to get us. Now THAT'S weird.

If you ask me the media sports writers in Miami all need drug tests!

This will carry over to next year and beyond, and Tommy Brady will not succeed anymore against the Dolphins.

How stupid was it that the drop kick alone could've cost them the game? The 2-point try at the end wouldn't have even mattered had they missed the drop kick. They clearly weren't trying to win the game.

Teenwolf said:
Whats the big deal?

It happens in Rugby all the time - normally in tougher situations too.

U.S footballers should use the lateral more often too!

If you watched that Alamo Bowl this year you'd know why using the lateral more wouldn't work. :lol:

who cares.. Personally i thought the play was interesting. You dont expect a game between to rival coaches... who hang out with each other every summer... to be conventional do you? I don't see it as a insult as much as Belichick trying to be craftier and slicker than Saban. They'll play golf... they'll have a laugh... Then they'll have a laugh at all those people getting mad over a stupid kick.
Hey guys.. have one for me too!

Back
Top Bottom