I love what Ricky said to the South Florida Reporters!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I love what Ricky said to the South Florida Reporters!!!

COTE you JERK

Man, The newspapers nationwide includind the JERKS at ESPN have an orgasm when speaking about the stupid PATS.. Now This COTE or whatever his name is.. who is supposed to be on our side writes those things about his own hometeam.... What do we expect??? this article really pissed me off!!

Stupid Pat LOVER..

thumb_71184090121-1.jpg
Man, I was gonna ask you to think what you write, but looking at your face, that is quite impossible!!!:sidelol:

Who cares about a dropkick. Last time I checked, it counts as 1 point. One point. Not 10 points,not 20 points one. I couldn't believe what a big deal was made out of it either. Knowone will remember it next week.

:fire: Who cares about a dropkick. Last time I checked, it counts as 1 point. One point. Not 10 points,not 20 points one. I couldn't believe what a big deal was made out of it either. Knowone will remember it next week.

endorPHINS72 said:
I'm really sick of the "miraculous drop kick extra point best thing to happen to football ever by hall of famer doug flutie". Was it different? Yes. Nobody has done it in a long time? Yes. Will anyone be talking about this by next Monday? No.

Even the South Florida writers like Carl Kotala and Greg Cote are getting into it. Kotala referred to it as "miraculous"??!!! And Greg Kote kept mentioning how it was a meaningless win for Miami and how great the kick was. Is this guy even on our side??? That's when Ricky Williams said possibly the coolest thing ever. Here is an exerpt:
Ricky Williams, asked about the rare, throwback play, said, "What's the big deal?" Told it hadn't happened in 64 years, he chided reporters: "Are you guys that bored?"

The existentialist running back then called our interest in the drop kick weird.

Being called weird by Ricky Williams is an interesting sensation. It's a little like being called fat by a 640-pound man.

Here is the full article:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13531699.htm

Ricky nailed it. The South Florida sports media are such a bunch of numbnuts. Actually most of the sports media is. I know Chris Berman is probably pitching a two hour long show to the bigwigs at ESPN on how he told Flutie to do that.

And Mr. Cote, yes, Ricky Williams is an oddball. But he's a good person and a hell of a football player. You insulting him like that just shows that you all realize how inept you are. Ricky put you all in your place.

And if Mr. Cote, and this goes to all of the other would be South Floridian journalists, if you love Doug Flutie's gimmick plays so much, why don't you go offer to wash his underwear after he retires? Who knows, you might actually be qualified for it.

If you're as pissed as I am about this crap, here is Mr. Cote's e-mail address: gcote@MiamiHerald.com. Let's keep it civil and not be petty like they are.

greg cote enjoys being controvisial and putting his foot in his mouth.

he was the guy that suggested trading marino and starting scott mitchell.

besides, i think the miraculous part they were talking about was witnessing a dwarf playing football. you don't see that kind of thing everyday. go flukester!

Obviously the guy who wrote this is an idiot. I mean even if New England had played their starters the whole game nobody knows who would have won the game. Everybody can say that the Pats would have but you still have to play the game. Also, I thought it was crazy to do a drop kick but I didnt think it was cool. There is a reason it hasnt been done for all those years because it is idiotic to try!

In reference to all the negativity of behalf of Cote (specifically his article "Drop kick shows win vs. Pats has little meaning"), I felt compelled to send him this e-mail below entitled, "Drop kick............Yourself.
-The Dolphins just capped the season off with a sixth consecutive victory, on the road against New England, and all you can come up with is "Drop kick shows win vs. Pats has little meaning"? How about interpreting the importance of intercepting one of Brady's 8 passes (albeit one of the other 7 passes resulted in a touchdown, but as exemplified in your above referenced article, it is the unexpected that merits headlines), or discussing the significance of how impressive it was to see what used to be considered the worst offensive line in football, efficiently create space for "RIcky" against the defending world champions' first string defense. Perhaps the fact that there was no trickery (ala Flutie's drop kick), involved in the first quarter touchdown run literally through the Patriot defensive anchor R. Seymour, caused you to not only oversee the improvement of the local team, but also become immune to those achievements relative to your own expectations prior to the beginning of the '05 football season.

Back
Top Bottom