I might have some News tonight....... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I might have some News tonight.......

Originally posted by Section126
I was told that Phil Savage and possibly Tom Heckert Jr. coming in this week is just window dressing.......The only candidates are Tim Ruskell and Randy Mueller (If Wolf says no on thursday).

Thanks man. Though I like Phil Savage, I don't think he's the right fit for the dolphins. Everyone keeps pointing out the Ravens draft history, which is nothing less than phenominal..... from a defensive standpoint. But they haven't been able to find a great QB since...Bernie Kosar :lol: seriously though, Miami is looking for a big name QB and that doen't seem like one of Phil's strengths.

However, it wouldn't be bad if he blew up the defense and got some great picks through the draft, and got a stud QB and wr either by trade/FA...

and so it begins the offseason.

Not to mention Jim Leyland.........

Are you really that ignorant?

What's the matter sweetheart can't stand it when somebody has a different opinion? Take it personally much??? :rolleyes: Grow up. Save your insults for somebody who insults you... I'm just adding to the thread.

I was just pointing out that Huzienga has a history of hiring "names"........

I didn't insult you.....I am sorry if you think I did.......

Easy guys. We're all on the same team here.

Huzienga likes celebrities......

I've heard Kim Bokamper say that alot on the radio as well.

Former Packers General Manager Ron Wolf will visit Dolphins camp Thursday but said he will not allow Jones to talk him out of retirement.

"He wants to ask me a few questions." said Wolf, 65. "But absolutely not. They've already brought in two top guys."

Originally posted by Muck

Sorry Muck. Not trying to add to your workload here...

I'm not trying to say he doesn't like celebrities, he may very well like them alot, but, I pointed out correctly that that isn't ALWAYS the criteria for employment by WH.....I fail to see how that makes me ignorant but, whatever. Some people you can talk to and *gasp* disagree with and still have an intelligent discussion and some people get all bent out of shape and start flinging insults if you dare not go along with what they are saying.

BTW, anybody have a bio on Phil Savage? He always gets mentioned for jobs but never gets hired......

I like the idea of Wolf grooming Spielman for a couple of years. That way Spielman can transition all of the current personnel knowledge to Wolf and they can work on it together.
From what I've seen in this post regarding Mueller, he can hit the road.
If the Wolf/Spielman mentoring thing doesn't work out, then bring in Ruskell (who McKay recommended to Huizinga as well).
Hopefully we stay away from the old farts and put a mgmt team in place that will stay intact for a long time.

BTW, anybody have a bio on Phil Savage? He always gets mentioned for jobs but never gets hired......

saw this while surfing....
Savage is an intriguing candidate in that he has drafted several talented players, including Jonathan Ogden, Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, Todd Heap, Kyle Boller, Terrell Suggs, Jamie Sharper, Duane Starks and Jamal Lewis. The only reason he wasn't on the original interview list is because Baltimore was in the playoffs.
for what it's worth.

Now.....That is HITTING on 1st round picks.............Although Ogden, Boulware, and Starks were No-Brainers (top rated players at their position)

even no-brainers often fail miserably in the NFL though, his havent, i hope we get him and it's not just "window dressing" as initially stated.

Originally posted by Muck

Actually that us an assumption by the media. Wayne H might like to be AROUND celebrities but he hardly is a guy who hires celebrities just because.....Wayne has a tendency to hire the right people for the right job and creating a business infrastructure which is workable and greatly successful.

Originally posted by FFiB

Actually that us an assumption by the media. Wayne H might like to be AROUND celebrities but he hardly is a guy who hires celebrities just because.....Wayne has a tendency to hire the right people for the right job and creating a business infrastructure which is workable and greatly successful.

You are not Wayne, By any chance?

;)

Jimmy Johnson, his early fixation with Spurrier......I am not coming down from the mountain with the tablets by saying that Huzienga likes "names".

JJ was hired because of his success at UM and Dallas and he lived down here anyways. NOT because he was a celebrity. I don't even want to know where that Spurrier thing comes from. Wayne H never mentioned Spurrier as a lock because of "celebrity" status. He may have been brushed it as a possibility but not because "it was a name". The media a lot of times sells their own ideas as an idea of those they "evaluate."

Back
Top Bottom