I really want Croyle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I really want Croyle

Dolfansal said:
I hope we don't miss out on him in round 2. I really think he is going to have a special NFL career. He seems like he has that "it" that a QB needs. I know some people are talking about the injuries. A person can't help knee injuries.

Would you guys have considered Dan injury prone? How many knee surgeries did he have?

Get a top LT in round 1 and Croyle in round 2.

I feel the same way. Saban wont let the injury thing get to him. All he has to do is figure out who else wants him and where they would pick him IMO. but it would be nice to fall back on Jacobs and Whitehurst too. :D

Dolfan_Noles said:
Croyle seems like a humble guy (after battling through injuries and such) that will be receptive to coaching. He also was excellent even when his top 2 receivers went down this year.

This is what catches my eye after all is said and done. they say he can read defenses and has an arm, yadda yadda yadda, but he has that aura about him i like. That simple man southern draw.:cooldude:

Juan Cribbs said:
jacobs has a lot more upside than croyle. croyle may have the least amount of upside of any QB in this draft actually.

How can Jacobs have more upside when his stats are very good? Upside is something that is yet to be determined with these two.

the only can't miss player in my opinion who we might have a chance of getting is Michael Huff, he is a great all-around safety. can you say Ronnie Lott? but he will be gone before we pick... I like the idea of getting a good player like Huff or Simpson in the 1st and getting Croyle in the 2nd

nick1 said:
I like the idea of getting a good player like Huff or Simpson in the 1st and getting Croyle in the 2nd

Rather have Cutler in the 1st and Cromartie/Mangold/Youboty in the 2nd

SpeedRush99 said:
Rather have Cutler in the 1st and Cromartie/Mangold/Youboty in the 2nd
I want Cutler too but he is likely gone when we pick, so are all of the guys you listed in the 2nd. if we get Cutler than I want Greg Blue in the 2nd, I like the idea of a safety and a QB with our top 2 picks

nick1 said:
I want Cutler too but he is likely gone when we pick, so are all of the guys you listed in the 2nd. if we get Cutler than I want Greg Blue in the 2nd, I like the idea of a safety and a QB with our top 2 picks

I agree, QB and DB should be our first two picks, pending FA. Hard to tell who will fall where at this point.

mbsinmisc said:
I bet Croyle will not be there with our #2

With his injury history, you bet he will. In fact, I have a feeling he may drop significantly because of it.

Dolfansal said:
I hope we don't miss out on him in round 2. I really think he is going to have a special NFL career. He seems like he has that "it" that a QB needs. I know some people are talking about the injuries. A person can't help knee injuries.

I just don't see how he has that "it" if Alabama's offense was so horrible. I liked what I saw of him but I just decided to check out his numbers to see if anything stands out.

-He didn't have a TD in 4 games. How do you have that "it" if you can't find away to score points?
-While he had a very good TD-INT ratio, he was 0-2 vs. Mississippi State, thats sticks out.
-He threw under 60% in 5 games.
-If you take away an amazing game vs. Florida (the one I saw and my only impression of him) his stats drop considerablyand his total completion % is well under 60%.

I don't agrue that he has the tools, I don't know much about his mind, but how do his numbers warrent him to be a second rounder? I'd rather find a more "proven" player in the second and grab my QB with potential in the 3rd of 4th. Even if Croyle is gone before them, their are prospects I would consider similar in potential that will be around.

I want Greg Blue in the 2nd, I like the idea of a safety and a QB with our top 2 picks

I don't think Greg Blue will be one of our picks. He didn't look very good in coverage during the Senior Bowl week. He's strictly an in-the-box safety.

I would be happy with any QB at this point. I like all of the QBs for different reasons. I think Croyle, Whitehurst, Jacobs, and Olsen can be developed into starters. Some will take longer than others mentally, and some have physical question marks. If I were GM, I would tray and adress secondary and offensive line with the first 2 picks. In the 3rd, I would take Olsen or Jacobs. I like Croyle, but his injury history and his slight build bother me.

nick1 said:
the only can't miss player in my opinion who we might have a chance of getting is Michael Huff, he is a great all-around safety. can you say Ronnie Lott? but he will be gone before we pick... I like the idea of getting a good player like Huff or Simpson in the 1st and getting Croyle in the 2nd

Agreed 100% :evil:
We might actually have a chance at Huff at 16, but a small one.
Huff, Moss, Gilles #1...... Croyle in the 2nd

Back
Top Bottom