I said it before but it bares repeating after today. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I said it before but it bares repeating after today.

Not invited to combine because he on tape is lower than prospect # 200, work out warrior amazes the world and now he' a must Get? Speed and athleticism is great, and we desperately need it on D, but now this guy proves at combine what most people already knew and he' a must get?

Maybe a late round flier, don' get sucked into eye raising combine performance, look at his performance, his performance didn' get him invited initially.

Vernon Gholston says there' more to linebacking in the NFL than just speed and strength.

Also, his 2nd forty, while still fast was appallingly lower than his first run. How many others say such a huge drop from initial forty time? That' a res flag to me as well, much prefer getting a legit talent like Edmunds, Smith, Esch or Leonard imho.

Ah you can't debate without issuing childish insults. Pretty sure there' not much in my post that was idiotic, go ahead and get all googly eyed for a workout warrior. I have seen some games, I am no guru but being a 4 year college athlete I know talent when I see it, he is gifted as an athlete and makes plays in his weak conference, and made some wow plays in big games too, but I've seen a lot of inconsistency and still view him as a late round selection fue to his athletic gifts. Should make a solid special seamer and 2 deep depth imo.

Right, so your lack of doubt does something for him as well, some telekinesis stuff right there.

He struggles disengaging blocks which for an ILB is a killer and all the speed in the world can't make up for that weakness.

I love that he is courageous and tough, and I hope he does prove the world and me wrong too for his sake! I have mad respect for him, but I call it like I see it and to me he's a depth guy who may excel on specials coverage. And there's nothing wrong with that he may carve out a nice career that way.

I'd be shocked if he's drafted before middle of the 5th round, although there are GM's who love athletes and may take a chance sooner and for his sake I would be happy for him....but I just don' see him being a productive player nor a starter, I see depth and specials.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am too, obviously you'e a big fan of his and that's cool.

Now his teammate Hughes he's a starter in this league for sure imo.

He’s two time defensive player of the year. MVP of bowl game. What tape are you watching. I’d draft him in second rd and never look back.

Ah you can't debate without issuing childish insults. Pretty sure there' not much in my post that was idiotic, go ahead and get all googly eyed for a workout warrior. I have seen some games, I am no guru but being a 4 year college athlete I know talent when I see it, he is gifted as an athlete and makes plays in his weak conference, and made some wow plays in big games too, but I've seen a lot of inconsistency and still view him as a late round selection fue to his athletic gifts. Should make a solid special seamer and 2 deep depth imo.

Weak conference? stop talking about things you don't know than man really. His team gave Auburn the business and that WEAK conference is 3-0 in BCS bowl games.. put some respeck on it... just sayin

Have you ever heard of John Alston, the last LB to run a 4.4 forty? Apparently in 2003, neither have I, it takes more than speed and strength to play LB in NFL.

Tell me I'm wrong about inconsistency and struggling to disengage blockers. When he' clean he does make wow plays, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that before, but in big boy league he will be engaged with the big uglies.

Y'll can hate and mock all you want it doesn' bother me, I know what I see and he' depth and specials to me, heck I'd be up like I said in first post to take a late round flier on him....

No way would anyone in their right mind would use a 2nd on him, that' straight buffoonery and not using value!

Yes UCF did beat Auburn and they had a great year, but come on man really you think the AAC is a powerhouse conference, let' be real! Yes they went undefeated and beat Auburn and they get props for that but you really going to believe it' a power conference? I know USF is in that conference and you have pride and love for your team, but let' be real, is it known as a top tier conference?

I shouldn't have said weak, but by no means would any team in AAC be a powerhouse on any of the powerhouse conferences. I'm just being real man.

There definitely good players in that conference, ones I really like, but as a whole those teams wouldn'
Have been highly ranked in the SEC, ACC, BIG 10 or the other power 5 conferences. Am I off base, if I am educate me.

Not invited to combine because he on tape is lower than prospect # 200, work out warrior amazes the world and now he' a must Get? Speed and athleticism is great, and we desperately need it on D, but now this guy proves at combine what most people already knew and he' a must get?

Maybe a late round flier, don' get sucked into eye raising combine performance, look at his performance, his performance didn' get him invited initially.

Vernon Gholston says there' more to linebacking in the NFL than just speed and strength.

Also, his 2nd forty, while still fast was appallingly lower than his first run. How many others say such a huge drop from initial forty time? That' a res flag to me as well, much prefer getting a legit talent like Edmunds, Smith, Esch or Leonard imho.

What are you talking about? He was at the combine.

I'm rooting for Shaquem to succeed and he would look great in an aqua jersey. For all the obstacles the kid has overcome, there is a chance that he can really help to build great team spirit and pride. Maybe he will make it and maybe he won't, but there is a solid chance that when given the chance this kid will deliver. I can see many NFL owners encouraging their GMs to give him strong consideration. He is potentially good for business and would be a source of inspiration for people around the world. People love someone who has overcome great odds. Little downside and great upside.

Last edited:
Right, so your lack of doubt does something for him as well, some telekinesis stuff right there.

He struggles disengaging blocks which for an ILB is a killer and all the speed in the world can't make up for that weakness.

I love that he is courageous and tough, and I hope he does prove the world and me wrong too for his sake! I have mad respect for him, but I call it like I see it and to me he's a depth guy who may excel on specials coverage. And there's nothing wrong with that he may carve out a nice career that way.

I'd be shocked if he's drafted before middle of the 5th round, although there are GM's who love athletes and may take a chance sooner and for his sake I would be happy for him....but I just don' see him being a productive player nor a starter, I see depth and specials.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am too, obviously you'e a big fan of his and that's cool.

Now his teammate Hughes he's a starter in this league for sure imo.

I'm of the opinion that there's middle ground here.

Shaquem isn't just a workout warrior like Gholston. He's more than that. If that is genuinely your opinion, I'd recommend that you look harder.

And yes, he struggles disengaging from blocks. Finding his role in the NFL isn't easy; he seems suited for a hybrid LB/Safety role. What *concerns* me is that one of the teams who could decidedly put him in that role and use him successfully plays in the AFC East and just lost the Super Bowl.

Second round? No. But all it takes is one team to say "That kid is special, and I want him now." I would bet a decent amount that he doesn't make it past Seattle in the fourth.

Back
Top Bottom