"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Dave Hyde said:
You could blame the line. Everyone typically does with these Dolphins. Except on Sunday reserve running back Sammy Morris carried four times for 23 yards. It's not much of a test sample. But his 5.8-yard average doubled Brown's.

"The times I got the ball, I saw some running lanes," Morris said. "The offensive line was moving them off the ball some. I just tried to make the best of the opportunities."

Somebody please explain this phenomena to me........... should I still believe the line isn't opening up ANY holes? Sammy doesn't seem to agree...

Here are the stats from Sammy and Ronnie as it currently stands..........

Ronnie 34 rushes 92 yards for 2.7 avg ......... 0 TD's
Sammy 6 rushes 37 yards for a 6.2 avg.........1 TD .........

I have a feeling Ricky is going to come back and make this line look better than it is.

You are right....Ronnie needs more time though. He will be a stud, but he is/was not as NFL ready as Caddy.

DallasDolfan said:
You are right....Ronnie needs more time though. He will be a stud, but he is/was not as NFL ready as Caddy.

Why not give him that time when our O-line has aquired better players and/or jelled ......... making him the lead back is not a smart move this season if we intend to remain competitive. I've never been a believer in splitting carries, but at this point I'd much rather have it that way........especially when Ricky returns.

I agree...I do not think he should be the feature back until he is ready. Sammy would do quite fine, and when Ricky comes back....well, RB could learn from both.

Silverphin said:
Just wondering.....would it be too much to send him to Europe?

After giving him the contract we did, that would be one of the most embarrassing events ever witnessed in the NFL.........

Sammy has always had good vision. Look at his #s from last year with that atrocious o-line. Both against Denver and NYJ, I was more comfortable with Sammy running than Ronnie.

wonderl33t said:
Sammy has always had good vision. Look at his #s from last year with that atrocious o-line. Both against Denver and NYJ, I was more comfortable with Sammy running than Ronnie.

Bro that BK commercial with the King running in for six is friggin' hilarious.........

No doubt, Sammy is making more of his opportunities than Ronnie pure and simple.......

i;ve had my share of Ronnie bashing comparing him to the likes of JJ Johnosn, but all bashing aside, he is a phonemal pass blocker and can catch with the best of them out of the backfield...

We are not helping out by bashing Ronnie, he's got enough Pressure with Caddy doing good as it is....

But I believe that as soon as Ricky comes back it's going to benefit Ronnie, he's going to have a competitor as well as someone to show him the ropes....It may be that Ricky runs for a gain of 15 and and Ronnie answers back with a 20 yd gain....

The HB makes the OL in most cases. Brown has the talent he is just lacking the confidence right now.

I hope he can get it together.

first&goal said:
Is way to early to judge Ronnie....but I'am glad that Ricky is gonna be back!

How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.

enigmatics said:
Somebody please explain this phenomena to me........... should I still believe the line isn't opening up ANY holes? Sammy doesn't seem to agree...

Here are the stats from Sammy and Ronnie as it currently stands..........

Ronnie 34 rushes 92 yards for 2.7 avg ......... 0 TD's
Sammy 6 rushes 37 yards for a 6.2 avg.........1 TD .........

I have a feeling Ricky is going to come back and make this line look better than it is.

No doubt: Sammy needs to get about 10 to 12 carries a game. The guy is playing well. Problem is, we are abandoning the run very quickly and only come back to it briefly just to try to keep the defense somewhat honest. We need to be a little more determined to run the ball and be a little more balanced in general. So far we have to be around 60-65% passing and 35-40 % running. Morris needs to get his hands on the ball about half the time until Ricky gets back. He has produced for us.

Brown should still play. The only way for him to learn is by playing in a real game. Morris should see more carries though until Ricky returns.

SCall13 said:
No doubt: Sammy needs to get about 10 to 12 carries a game. The guy is playing well. Problem is, we are abandoning the run very quickly and only come back to it briefly just to try to keep the defense somewhat honest. We need to be a little more determined to run the ball and be a little more balanced in general. So far we have to be around 60-65% passing and 35-40 % running. Morris needs to get his hands on the ball about half the time until Ricky gets back. He has produced for us.

It's just the logical thing to do given the state of our o-line and the fact that Ronnie's showing that he'd be a little more successful on the show "So You Think You Can Dance" than being the full-time RB on this squad.

Back
Top Bottom