"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris

byroan said:
Brown should still play. The only way for him to learn is by playing in a real game. Morris should see more carries though until Ricky returns.

That's what some of us are saying............ Ronnie needs experience sure, but he doesn't need to be the full-time RB.

enigmatics said:
How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.

No that's not how things work in the NFL.

You may end up being correct, but without a doubt it is far too early to make any type of judgement on Ronnie Brown.

On a personal note I see no reason why any Dolphins fan would even want to make such a rushed decision about Ronnie. How does that help anything, how does that help you as a Dolphins fan? The guy is here for the next 4 years, at the very least, his contract makes this a reality.

enigmatics said:
How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.
Agree," He's a professional football player now", still he needs times to get confy, but I also agree that he should share carries with Morris, until week 5.

enigmatics said:
It's just the logical thing to do given the state of our o-line and the fact that Ronnie's showing that he'd be a little more successful on the show "So You Think You Can Dance" than being the full-time RB on this squad.

:lol: :lol: @ "So you think you can dance" You're right. Ronnie would at least make it to the finals with his dancing skills right now. :D

I don't like the Ronnie hate. He is a rookie with very little training camp. I believe he will be fine given some time to work himself up. All that being said, right now, he is not our best running back. Why not start Morris? I don't give a crap if Ronnies feelings are hurt, too bad. Maybe he should have got his fanny signed and in camp. He needs reps to get better, well, if Morris gets it done Ronnie can play mop up but at any rate, I think we have a great running back in Ronnie, he is just not ready right now. You have to think the coaching staff see's this stuff and i don't think Saban needs to pull any punches. We will see.....

enigmatics said:

Nah not really. You got it backwards. This logic may apply to a undrafted FA or 7th round pick but not to the #2 pick in the draft.

He's gonna get time to prove himself. PLENTY of time. That's why people like you, who rush to judgment, look so foolish in the end. I'll reserve my right to criticize a rookie with "happy feet" after a few (5-6) more games. Because that's all it is fellas, happy feet.

All I will say is this.. Once he starts hitting that hole, you people rushing to judgement will be eating your words.

cnc66 said:
I don't like the Ronnie hate. He is a rookie with very little training camp. I believe he will be fine given some time to work himself up. All that being said, right now, he is not our best running back. Why not start Morris? I don't give a crap if Ronnies feelings are hurt, too bad. Maybe he should have got his fanny signed and in camp. He needs reps to get better, well, if Morris gets it done Ronnie can play mop up but at any rate, I think we have a great running back in Ronnie, he is just not ready right now. You have to think the coaching staff see's this stuff and i don't think Saban needs to pull any punches. We will see.....

As for me, and I think I can speak for Enigmatics, it isn't about hate. It's reality. Ronnie simply isn't playing well and YES, he needs time to develop. It would make sense to give some of the carries to Morris, who has played well and has been more productive in his limited opportunity. If Ronnie and Sammy can split the carries more, it will keep them more fresh, Ronnie could learn something and we'd, base on Sammy's production, have a little more success on the ground. And we REALLY need to move the ball better on the ground. We started passing too much and when you start passing at a higher rate, it opens more opportunities for holdinh penalties and even more false starts. We HAVE to cut out those damn penalties....but that's a whole new subject

cnc66 said:
You are making a very good point...and sense

FiN.in.RI said:
Nah not really. You got it backwards. This logic may apply to a undrafted FA or 7th round pick but not to the #2 pick in the draft.

He's gonna get time to prove himself. PLENTY of time. That's why people like you, who rush to judgment, look so foolish in the end. I'll reserve my right to criticize a rookie with "happy feet" after a few (5-6) more games. Because that's all it is fellas, happy feet.

All I will say is this.. Once he starts hitting that hole, you people rushing to judgement will be eating your words.

We WANT to eat our words. But more than that, we want Ronnie to stop being so indecisive. THere is no doubt he is very indecisive. We aren't arguing that Ronnie is a bust. It has simply been stated that we have someone on our roster who can split with Brown and help loosin that defense up

I do agree with the thread starter that taking advantage of Sammy's success right now is the best way to go., so it seems prudent to make him the number 1 back.

This way, it gives the team 3 positives:

1. Takes advantage of Sammies recent success and veteren poise.
2. Takes the heat/pressure off Ronnie to produce immediately as a #1 feature back.
3. Makes Ronnie the change of pace back rather than Sammy.

Ronnie just hesitates way too much. But he'll adjust to the NFL game and show his talent.

One thing that helps Sammy is that he is running behind pretty much the same line as last year. Just as it takes time for an O-line to gel, I woud expect it takes time for a RB to get used to running behind said line.

Right now, Sammy appears to know better than Ronnie where he can expect the hole to be. Roinnie will get it with more repititions, but Sammy should see the rock more in the next few weeks.

SCall13 said:
We WANT to eat our words. But more than that, we want Ronnie to stop being so indecisive. THere is no doubt he is very indecisive. We aren't arguing that Ronnie is a bust. It has simply been stated that we have someone on our roster who can split with Brown and help loosin that defense up

And I was arguing with a comment that was further stated in the thread that WAS arguing about Ronnie being a bust.. it IS too early to judge Ronnie.

Quote:
"How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life."

This statement doesn't hold weight in Ronnie's situation.

And yesterday, I was arguing with many posters because many posters WERE calling Ronnie a bust. This thread is merely a carry over.

FiN.in.RI said:
I do agree with the thread starter that taking advantage of Sammy's success right now is the best way to go., so it seems prudent to make him the number 1 back.

2. Takes the heat/pressure off Ronnie to produce immediately as a #1 feature back.

I'm not so sure that would take any pressure off Ronnie. If he suddenly becomes the #2 back he may feel even more pressure to win his job back. I would like to see Morris get a few more touches thhough.

What I have seen so far sugggests there is some room to run if Ronnie hits the holes a bit harder. That is the big difference between the two right now. Sammy has looked very decisive and made breaks through the hole, while Ronnie (at times) has appeared tentative.

I think this is something that is very coachable. And given Ronnie's comments on the front page, it seems he is also aware of it. I look for him to try and hit the holes much faster next week. If he can get through the 1st line of defense, his combination of size and speed can cause some serious problems.

FiN.in.RI said:

That's all I'm saying.........the longer Ronnie is relied upon as the full-time back without significant production, the farther he's going to bury himself. You don't have to be a rocket science to see he's not capable of THAT load behind THIS line at THIS time.

Back
Top Bottom