"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris

A.P.A said:
But you seem to have locked in your mind that it is impossible for a Running Back to improve in the NFL. Cadillac was a LOCK to perform better than Ronnie his rookie season given their respective situations. How about Cedric Benson? Think he's a bust too?

Ed Reed is outperforming Sean Taylor this season. They were both Safeties from Miami. That must mean Sean Taylor is a bust, right?

No I don't. Anyone can improve. Unless you have a handicap which prevents such a thing.

You cannot sit there and tell me Caddy was a lock to perform better. Nothing's guarenteed for you in the NFL, that's why they use the expression "any given Sunday." Please explain to me the ways in which Caddy was guarenteed.......I'd love to hear it. That's as generic of an excuse as your "Well so and so played like this their first two games......"

You keep bringing up this "bust" sh*t when I never said it. I merely provided my opinion in a thread in which the author called him a bust.

Sean Taylor already proved his worth last year when he became an impact player IMMEDIATELY ........... and besides, you simply put it as Ed Reed outplaying him.......... Caddy is not only outplaying Ronnie, he's blowing him out of the proverbial running back water buddy........

SMadison29 said:
Ronnie is too busy dancing behind the line looking for a homerun hole instead of just hitting the hole hard when it's there.

I agree. And the fact that he has acknowledged this would suggest he intends to make some changes to how he has been playing. He has a whole 2 games of NFL experience. Let's cut the guy a little slack.

SMadison29 said:
Ronnie is too busy dancing behind the line looking for a homerun hole instead of just hitting the hole hard when it's there.

I haven't seen moves like that since Jean-Jean "The Dancing Machine" on the Gong Show........... :lol:

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I didn't say don't run Morris more. I think he should get more carries. But I also think Ronnie needs more carries. There needs to be a bigger commitment to the runner game. We'll have to agree to disagree then because I think Ronnie gives us a better chance to have a big impact in the running game. He's a more complete player and has a better chance of "hitting a homerun."

Of course the team is trying to win now. But what we all saw yesterday showed there is still much work to be done.

I have no idea what will happen when Ricky gets back. My guess is it all depends on how Ronnie is playing at that time. All I know is I don't envy the teams that have to line up against the two of them.

Put it this way, you'd have to be naive to not know Ricky's going to get at least 50% of the carries after what's transpired the last two weeks.........barring a miraculous turnaround, which isn't likely.

Predaphin said:
i;ve had my share of Ronnie bashing comparing him to the likes of JJ Johnosn, but all bashing aside, he is a phonemal pass blocker and can catch with the best of them out of the backfield..

not here to flame this thread. we did not draft him at 2 in the first round for his blocking abilities or catching the ball outta the backfield. dont get me wrong these are great attributes, but i wanna see him break off some long runs and smash through opposing defenses interior lines!

enigmatics said:
Put it this way, you'd have to be naive to not know Ricky's going to get at least 50% of the carries after what's transpired the last two weeks.........barring a miraculous turnaround, which isn't likely.

It doesn't need to be miraculous, and it is not that unlikely. How do you know Ronnie won't hit his stride? You don't. None of us knows what will happen.

It's no lock that Ricky will come back and automatically get 50% of the carries. We just don't know what will happen between now and then.

PHindecent said:
not here to flame this thread. we did not draft him at 2 in the first round for his blocking abilities or catching the ball outta the backfield. dont get me wrong these are great attributes, but i wanna see him break off some long runs and smash through opposing defenses interior lines!

Do you know that for a fact? When has ANYONE from the Phins organization stated they didn't draft Ronnie for his blocking and catching abilities? IMO that's why they took him over the other 2 backs. Thereis more potentiol for him to make an impact in other areas of the game than just running.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I agree. And the fact that he has acknowledged this would suggest he intends to make some changes to how he has been playing. He has a whole 2 games of NFL experience. Let's cut the guy a little slack.

The man brought this on himself. He held out for insane money, especially when you look at how he's producing. He shoulda been in camp instead of us having to wait on him during the season because he selfishly wanted more money. Ronnie's gotta sleep in the bed he made man.

PHindecent said:
Predaphin said:
i;ve had my share of Ronnie bashing comparing him to the likes of JJ Johnosn, but all bashing aside, he is a phonemal pass blocker and can catch with the best of them out of the backfield..

EXACTAMUNDO!!!!!! Catching skills and blocking skills are icing on the cake.......but what good's the icing when you have currently have no cake?

enigmatics said:
No I don't. Anyone can improve. Unless you have a handicap which prevents such a thing.

You cannot sit there and tell me Caddy was a lock to perform better. Nothing's guarenteed for you in the NFL, that's why they use the expression "any given Sunday." Please explain to me the ways in which Caddy was guarenteed.......I'd love to hear it. That's as generic of an excuse as your "Well so and so played like this their first two games......"

You keep bringing up this "bust" sh*t when I never said it. I merely provided my opinion in a thread in which the author called him a bust.

Sean Taylor already proved his worth last year when he became an impact player IMMEDIATELY ........... and besides, you simply put it as Ed Reed outplaying him.......... Caddy is not only outplaying Ronnie, he's blowing him out of the proverbial running back water buddy........
That has more to do with Tampa's o-line vs. ours than anything else.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Sammie has all of 6 carries. Give him 34 and his stats are no different from Ronnie's or worse.

.........that's your opinion...........but that's all I'm askin, give him more carries....... he's at least showing production and you can't make excuses as to why he is.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
It doesn't need to be miraculous, and it is not that unlikely. How do you know Ronnie won't hit his stride? You don't. None of us knows what will happen.

It's no lock that Ricky will come back and automatically get 50% of the carries. We just don't know what will happen between now and then.

I didn't say I "know" ........ I said it's not likely given his prior performances. That's not an asbolute man, if I wanted to speak in absolute's I would.

........and no it's not a lock Ricky will take 50%, but it's look more and more likely at this point.

enigmatics said:
The man brought this on himself. He held out for insane money, especially when you look at how he's producing. He shoulda been in camp instead of us having to wait on him during the season because he selfishly wanted more money. Ronnie's gotta sleep in the bed he made man.

Don't you get that he's a rookie and it takes time for most rookies to become successful starters? It is the exception, not the norm for a guy like Caddy to have a START (and that's all it is) to his career like he has.

It's not like the guy has been put on a team with a stellar line blocking for him. We need to have some patience with Ronnie and let him develop. He has the potential.

I'm not even going to get into the holdout. What's done is done and there is no point harping on it. No matter who is to blame, the end result is he didn't have a full camp.

enigmatics said:
.........that's your opinion...........but that's all I'm askin, give him more carries....... he's at least showing production and you can't make excuses as to why he is.
It's not opinion, it's the Travis Minor phenomena. When he was #2, Travis always averaged more YPC than our regular back, but that's because he was a change of pace, not the the guy who was in there nearly every play.

Back
Top Bottom