"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris

TarHeelFinFan said:
Change of pace doesn't define running style "bro", it's putting in a new back forcing the defense to adjust the gameplan which throws them off, allowing for a few added yards in the occasional carry that this different back gets.

First off, by your definition it still doesn't "guarentee a few extra yards" ......... do you guys even realize the things that come out of your mouth. Being a change of pace guy simply means bringing a different style of football out onto the field, not "guarenteed a few extra more yards than the starter."

Again, when Christian Okoye came out of the game and Barry Word came in, was Barry a change of pace guy when he ran the exact same style and same running plays? No.

Ronnie and Sammy are both powerful runners...... and through the course of the preseason and the first two games I've seen the same style of play calling when their in there.

an example of a back that got pretty good over a rookie season and returned this year is willie parker, he wasnt the man last year, but look where he is now! he's ahead of 2 great backs (staley and bettis) and he's had back to back 100+ yd rushing games in his first 2 games in his sophomore season...hopefully ronnie will have this same improvement and become a standout back next year

CashInFist said:

Funny how this whole time I've kept in defense of my opinion without personal attacks and you've just recently jumped in with two or three comments and you've already resorted to personal attacks. Talk about waving the white flag because you can't hold down your own opinion against me. Have fun. I will see you after your account suspension wears out.

Ronnie is more of a finesse back than you realize. He is a fast guy, and that is one of his biggest advantages.

Also, don't compare this situation to Okoye, the Chiefs o-line in that era was just sick.

And yes, Tampa's o-line is head and shoulders above ours. Did you even watch the Dolphins last season? These are the same guys for the most part on the line.

enigmatics said:
Somebody please explain this phenomena to me........... should I still believe the line isn't opening up ANY holes? Sammy doesn't seem to agree...

Here are the stats from Sammy and Ronnie as it currently stands..........

Ronnie 34 rushes 92 yards for 2.7 avg ......... 0 TD's
Sammy 6 rushes 37 yards for a 6.2 avg.........1 TD .........

I have a feeling Ricky is going to come back and make this line look better than it is.

Sammy has looked great.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Ronnie is more of a finesse back than you realize. He is a fast guy, and that is one of his biggest advantages.

Also, don't compare this situation to Okoye, the Chiefs o-line in that era was just sick.

And yes, Tampa's o-line is head and shoulders above ours. Did you even watch the Dolphins last season? These are the same guys for the most part on the line.

We're not talking about their o-line........we're talking about RB's and what defines being a change of pace.

TB's O-line is not head and shoulders better than ours. They're fielding the same, young and inexperienced guys we have with the exception of Kenyatta Walker who oh by the way is the king of personal fouls and false starts. They are benefitting simply because of a man named Cadillac who's hitting holes hard and agressive no matter how big or how small they are. Watch the friggin' games man - Caddy is jacked up right now, he wants it really bad and you see that everytime he comes off the field throwing his arms up, pumped up, trying to get everyone around him pumped up. I call it the Ricky syndrome from 2002, the ability to make lackluster o-lineman look decent.

...........by the way, Ronnie isn't a finesse guy........ I've never once seen that written about him in draft scouts reports.

enigmatics said:
How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.

I agree with many of your posts. No but!

Iit is pretty hard not to judge when Caddy is rockin' and we past him by. Caddy looks better...right now. But he looks a lot better, right now as well. And he did not take time to develop.

enigmatics said:
Funny how this whole time I've kept in defense of my opinion without personal attacks and you've just recently jumped in with two or three comments and you've already resorted to personal attacks. Talk about waving the white flag because you can't hold down your own opinion against me. Have fun. I will see you after your account suspension wears out.

Yes, of course...because what I did was unfathomable. :rolleyes:

I call them like I see them.

Sammy ran at odd times when the defnese wasn't as primed to get after him too. A couple times he ran on "passing downs" as well.

CashInFist said:
Yes, of course...because what I did was unfathomable. :rolleyes:

I call them like I see them.

Great for you man. Now go troll the internet like a child for more flame pictures to post because you can't hold your ground in a man's forum.

Dolphin Warrior said:
Sammy ran at odd times when the defnese wasn't as primed to get after him too. A couple times he ran on "passing downs" as well.

Defenses are primed for all players who could possibly step onto the field. That's why they call it practice Allen Iverson.

Have you watched him play at Auburn? I have. There's a reason they say he can play anything from fullback to wide receiver at least competently. He's huge, and can use power but his biggest asset is his ability to make you miss at first, and then out-run you. Once he adjusts to the speed of the NFL he will be fine. Tampa has the same o-line as us? I wonder how they make it to both games then, because we're usually playing the same day and often at the same time (maybe that's why we have no blocking???).

No, Ricky in '02 did not make a bad o-line look good. That was a much better o-line than what we have right now, as we saw by Ricky's stats in '03 which dropped precipitously, and fear of getting killed because of this o-line played a large part in Ricky's retirement.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Have you watched him play at Auburn? I have. There's a reason they say he can play anything from fullback to wide receiver at least competently. He's huge, and can use power but his biggest asset is his ability to make you miss at first, and then out-run you. Once he adjusts to the speed of the NFL he will be fine. Tampa has the same o-line as us? I wonder how they make it to both games then, because we're usually playing the same day and often at the same time.

No, Ricky in '02 did not make a bad o-line look good. That was a much better o-line than what we have right now, as we saw by Ricky's stats in '03 which dropped precipitously, and fear of getting killed because of this o-line played a large part in Ricky's retirement.

Ricky's stats dropped because he stopped running hard and he fully admitted to that...........his teammates also spoke on it as well.

Bro are you really that naive to take my comment about the TB o-line being the same as ours and translate it into "We fly our Dolphins o-line over to TB for their games?" ...............you couldn't possibly be so I will mulligan that one.

You know what it meant. It meant they are fielding inexperienced, unknowns just like us.

And maybe, just maybe their inexperienced no-names on the offensive line are actually good football players that are currently playing well, and ours are not.

Ricky's stats dropped because he was getting pummeled as soon as he touched the ball, he even called the o-line out on that.

enigmatics said:

No, waving the white flag would be calling for moderators to discipline somebody that doesn't agree with your opinions.

Regarding Brown, everybody has a right to their own opinion, but yours is that of a grade schooler that just watched his first NFL game last sunday. Are you new to the NFL? You sound like it. Ronnie Brown IS a finesse back as well as a power back, which is what makes him special. Pure power backs don't have that kind of 40' time.

I'm not even going to get into your comments such as those when you said a change of pace back is always a speed back. Or your ridiculous accusation that Tampa's offensive line is no better than ours. Their size alone makes them better than ours. I'll save myself 1,000 words and say it straight up. I believe I speak on behalf of everybody in this thread when I say, you are an idiot. Yeah I know, 24 hours off coming my way.

If you're going to say such obscure things you need to be able to see things from another persons perspective and then explain why they're wrong. Not repeat what you've already said atleast a dozen times.

Back
Top Bottom