"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I saw some running lanes," - Sammy Morris

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I'm not so sure that would take any pressure off Ronnie. If he suddenly becomes the #2 back he may feel even more pressure to win his job back. I would like to see Morris get a few more touches thhough.

What I have seen so far sugggests there is some room to run if Ronnie hits the holes a bit harder. That is the big difference between the two right now. Sammy has looked very decisive and made breaks through the hole, while Ronnie (at times) has appeared tentative.

I think this is something that is very coachable. And given Ronnie's comments on the front page, it seems he is also aware of it. I look for him to try and hit the holes much faster next week. If he can get through the 1st line of defense, his combination of size and speed can cause some serious problems.

There's less pressure in knowing that the RB game will consist of backs splitting carries. If, by most of the posters reasonings on here, Ronnie is supposed to be given time then he shouldn't worry about being the starter, just getting his sh*t together.

enigmatics said:
How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.[/QUOTE
good point, this time is crucial, brown doesn't have alot of time to learn, running backs have a very short boom or bust, remember Sammy Smith! I think that if RB is ultimately a bust, it will be from a psychological deficit not a talent deficit. Again, i want to say that RB's holdout for more money might have been the worst thing he could have done for his carreer. If he is a bust, at least he's going to be a rich one!!!

DallasDolfan said:
You are right....Ronnie needs more time though. He will be a stud, but he is/was not as NFL ready as Caddy.

yeah

grendel said:
enigmatics said:
How is it too early? He's a professional football player now. Once you step out onto the field that's how it goes. That's life.[/QUOTE
good point, this time is crucial, brown doesn't have alot of time to learn, running backs have a very short boom or bust, remember Sammy Smith! I think that if RB is ultimately a bust, it will be from a psychological deficit not a talent deficit. Again, i want to say that RB's holdout for more money might have been the worst thing he could have done for his carreer. If he is a bust, at least he's going to be a rich one!!!

.............couple the money thing with the fact that his Auburn counterpart playing so well, he put himself in this position to be criticized the way he's being.

Ronnie has did not come to camp that may be the difference give him some time. Well actually I would say wait untill next year cause after two more weeks Ricky is gonna be running wild once again just wait and see. Then we can use Ronnie for a great option out of the backfield

enigmatics said:
There's less pressure in knowing that the RB game will consist of backs splitting carries. If, by most of the posters reasonings on here, Ronnie is supposed to be given time then he shouldn't worry about being the starter, just getting his sh*t together.

Ronnie should and will be given time by virtue of his draft status. I just don't think demoting him right now would have a postitive effect. IMO it could backfire and do just the opposite. Each game he has seemed to get more comfortable in the 2nd half. Maybe he needs to get some more carries to get a better feel for the game. He had what, 12 carries yesterday? We're not going anywhere this year, but we know he's our future. Give him the rock and let's see what he can do.

Regardless of who starts though, I think there needs to be more balance in the offense. I would like to see a stronger commitment to the running game.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Ronnie should and will be given time by virtue of his draft status. I just don't think demoting him right now would have a postitive effect. IMO it could backfire and do just the opposite. Each game he has seemed to get more comfortable in the 2nd half. Maybe he needs to get some more carries to get a better feel for the game. He had what, 12 carries yesterday? We're not going anywhere this year, but we know he's our future. Give him the rock and let's see what he can do.

Regardless of who starts though, I think there needs to be more balance in the offense. I would like to see a stronger commitment to the running game.

If he's going to let that get him down and ruin his career than I'd rather him not be on our squad at all. So far he's had 36 carries in two games, which breaks down to 18 carries a game which is a decent amount of exposure. The fact remains is you do not know how far we will go this year and Saban himself has told his players not to have expectations so as not to provide excuses...........and if you want balance then Sammy needs to be put in there for that balance to exist. He's seeing the holes better and not hesitating in the lone few chances he's had.

enigmatics said:
If he's going to let that get him down and ruin his career than I'd rather him not be on our squad at all. So far he's had 36 carries in two games, which breaks down to 18 carries a game which is a decent amount of exposure. The fact remains is you do not know how far we will go this year and Saban himself has told his players not to have expectations so as not to provide excuses...........and if you want balance then Sammy needs to be put in there for that balance to exist. He's seeing the holes better and not hesitating in the lone few chances he's had.

I see more of an upside in Ronnie than I do in Morris. He's a better blocker and a great receiver. He brings more to the table than Morris. The only way he's going to get better is to keep playing and have some success on the field. If he can break a few decent runs, I think we'll see a huge boost in his confidence. Based on his comments on the main page, I think we're going to see a different Ronnie Brown this Sunday.

You're right I don't know how far this team will go this year. Bur I do know there is a lot of work still to be done. We're definitely headed in the right direction though.

enigmatics said:

You are undoubtedly the most ignorant poster I have ever seen. You have not once taken somebody else's opinion into consideration, all you have in you mind is that Ronnie Brown is a bust and that's all there is to it. :shakeno:

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I see more of an upside in Ronnie than I do in Morris. He's a better blocker and a great receiver. He brings more to the table than Morris. The only way he's going to get better is to keep playing and have some success on the field. If he can break a few decent runs, I think we'll see a huge boost in his confidence. Based on his comments on the main page, I think we're going to see a different Ronnie Brown this Sunday.

You're right I don't know how far this team will go this year. Bur I do know there is a lot of work still to be done. We're definitely headed in the right direction though.

Sammy Morris is fine with his blocking skills, having played the FB position. I'm not saying don't play Ronnie........he can get carries while splitting them with Morris. This enables him to gain experience and the team remain compeitive from the running game standpoint. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and if that means running Morris more because he gives us a better chance of having an impactual running game then so be it. What do you think's gonna happen once Ricky gets back? Ronnie splitting carries was and is inevitable. "Rebuild" is a football myth. I mean honestly, what team is really going to come out and say "Ya we're going to suck balls for a couple seasons for the greater good down the road"??? It really boils down to doing the best with what you have.

A.P.A said:
You are undoubtedly the most ignorant poster I have ever seen. You have not once taken somebody else's opinion into consideration, all you have in you mind is that Ronnie Brown is a bust and that's all there is to it. :shakeno:

Ignorance is YOU trying to convince ME that I said Ronnie is a bust. You're just upset because I refuse to take into consideration your opinion when you provide nothing, but excuses but never any acknowledgement that simply put - Caddy is performing better than your boy Ronnie. And my argument with you yesterday was reiterating just that fact - CADDY IS PERFORMING BETTER THAN RONNIE .............deal with it.

enigmatics said:
Sammy Morris is fine with his blocking skills, having played the FB position. I'm not saying don't play Ronnie........he can get carries while splitting them with Morris. This enables him to gain experience and the team remain compeitive from the running game standpoint. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and if that means running Morris more because he gives us a better chance of having an impactual running game then so be it. What do you think's gonna happen once Ricky gets back? Ronnie splitting carries was and is inevitable. "Rebuild" is a football myth. I mean honestly, what team is really going to come out and say "Ya we're going to suck balls for a couple seasons for the greater good down the road"??? It really boils down to doing the best with what you have.

I didn't say don't run Morris more. I think he should get more carries. But I also think Ronnie needs more carries. There needs to be a bigger commitment to the runner game. We'll have to agree to disagree then because I think Ronnie gives us a better chance to have a big impact in the running game. He's a more complete player and has a better chance of "hitting a homerun."

Of course the team is trying to win now. But what we all saw yesterday showed there is still much work to be done.

I have no idea what will happen when Ricky gets back. My guess is it all depends on how Ronnie is playing at that time. All I know is I don't envy the teams that have to line up against the two of them.

enigmatics said:
Ignorance is YOU trying to convince ME that I said Ronnie is a bust. You're just upset because I refuse to take into consideration your opinion when you provide nothing, but excuses but never any acknowledgement that simply put - Caddy is performing better than your boy Ronnie. And my argument with you yesterday was reiterating just that fact - CADDY IS PERFORMING BETTER THAN RONNIE .............deal with it.

But you seem to have locked in your mind that it is impossible for a Running Back to improve in the NFL. Cadillac was a LOCK to perform better than Ronnie his rookie season given their respective situations. How about Cedric Benson? Think he's a bust too?

Ed Reed is outperforming Sean Taylor this season. They were both Safeties from Miami. That must mean Sean Taylor is a bust, right?

enigmatics said:
Agreed,,,,,,,,That being said When Ricky gets back Run the heck out of him. Turn Ronnie into the reincarnation of Tony Nathan and have him "Catch" as many as he "Runs". You'll have Ricky with a 1000 yards rushing and Ronnie with 1000 "All Purpose" yards. 1000 +1000= PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie is too busy dancing behind the line looking for a homerun hole instead of just hitting the hole hard when it's there.

Back
Top Bottom