I see a lot of complaining in the threads when a HC request interview is requested | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I see a lot of complaining in the threads when a HC request interview is requested

If you are Daboll would you take the job? I wouldn’t. Bad offensive personnel and if you don’t turn Tua around in one year?

Maybe any “QB whisperer/offensive genius” should have trepidations.
But he isn’t a QB whisperer. He has made that clear passing all the praise on Josh development to Dorsey and Palmer. And Josh himself.

Selfishly I do NOT want Fins to hire Daboll or Frazier. (I actually think both would be a welcomed change from Flores). Just selfishly point who as I don’t want to weaken my staff.

I hear that there's a good portion of Bills fans that doesn't like Daboll? Any truth to that?

I hear that there's a good portion of Bills fans that doesn't like Daboll? Any truth to that?
There is. But there is also a good portion of Bills fans that think going through a flaming table is smart.

Daboll is a hell of a coach. They get on him because every now and then his game script is weird. And runs trick plays that don’t work etc etc. same complaints that are praises when the plays do work.

Now the OFFENSIVE PLAYERs ALL LOVE Daboll.

There is. But there is also a good portion of Bills fans that think going through a flaming table is smart.

Daboll is a hell of a coach. They get on him because every now and then his game script is weird. And runs trick plays that don’t work etc etc. same complaints that are praises when the plays do work.

Daboll was here as an OC(iirc) for a season i believe. He also has experience working with Tua. I thought he was a decent OC when he was here.

What i don't like about your offense is your refuse to run the ball. I'm not talking about Allen. Just in general it doesn't seem to be in your offensive identity at ALL..

Further, Miami really needs a experienced HC. Obviously Daboll isn't one and who knows what kinda HC he'd be.

Nonetheless, Ofcourse i like the idea of weaking your coaching staff and adding someone on ourside that understands how and why Bills have been kicking our arse for so many years!

Well a sports forum is made for complaining and making observations about one's favorite team. Otherwise what the hell is the point of having one?

If you are Daboll would you take the job? I wouldn’t. Bad offensive personnel and if you don’t turn Tua around in one year?

Gase is available. The majority of people here said he was a QB whisper and Offensive guru

But he isn’t a QB whisperer. He has made that clear passing all the praise on Josh development to Dorsey and Palmer. And Josh himself.
This is the way conventional wisdom works. Josh Allen has improved. Brian Daboll is the OC. Therefore, Brian Daboll is the reason Josh Allen has improved.

The Dolphins fall into this trap repeatedly. Joe Philbin was responsible for Green Bay’s offensive success, not Aaron Rodgers. Adam Gase was the mastermind behind Denver’s offense, not Peyton Manning. Brian Flores was the defensive genius in New England, not Bill Belichick. The media picks up on these candidates and starts fluffing them. Soon enough, every team with an opening wants to interview them.

The same thing is going to happen with Daboll. He’s blessed with Josh Allen, who can turn any busted play into a winning play. This is the same guy who basically eliminated Devin Singletary from the offense at various points of the season, etc. The Bills aren’t winning due to Daboll’s genius. But the momentum is building. The stories about him will start being written. He’ll be discussed glowingly as long as the Bills playoff run continues. And next, he’s a head coach for some unfortunate franchise that makes bad decisions over and over again (like the Dolphins).

Hey, he’s a coordinator for a playoff team! He must be head coach material! Ignore the fact that he’s never been a head coach before at any level. Some guys should remain coordinators.

Daboll was here as an OC(iirc) for a season i believe. He also has experience working with Tua. I thought he was a decent OC when he was here.

What i don't like about your offense is your refuse to run the ball. I'm not talking about Allen. Just in general it doesn't seem to be in your offensive identity at ALL..

Further, Miami really needs a experienced HC. Obviously Daboll isn't one and who knows what kinda HC he'd be.

Nonetheless, Ofcourse i like the idea of weaking your coaching staff and adding someone on ourside that understands how and why Bills have been kicking our arse for so many years!
I get the running. But last two weeks they have Run a lot. Their identity on offense is through Allen. Also to be honest we really have not had a single game with what we all though would be out starting OL. Feliciano issues injuries etc etc. that hurts the zone run game.

That’s another reason why the older Bills fans hate is how much they throw. All I tell them is welcome to the Modern NFL.

He will be a first time HC. However I do think the rumors are right and he will have former HCs on staff. He said he learned a ton from McD and Frazier and how vital that was.

After reading all the toxic stuff coming out about Flores a Leslie Frazier (and I may get killed for this) would be perfect and bring respect such into a room that reportedly needs it after Flores (and rumored to come with Dorsey, as long as Daboll doesn’t go anywhere).

I will be interested in reading the rumors that leak AFTER Sundays interview with Daboll.

This is the way conventional wisdom works. Josh Allen has improved. Brian Daboll is the OC. Therefore, Brian Daboll is the reason Josh Allen has improved.

The Dolphins fall into this trap repeatedly. Joe Philbin was responsible for Green Bay’s offensive success, not Aaron Rodgers. Adam Gase was the mastermind behind Denver’s offense, not Peyton Manning. Brian Flores was the defensive genius in New England, not Bill Belichick. The media picks up on these candidates and starts fluffing them. Soon enough, every team with an opening wants to interview them.

The same thing is going to happen with Daboll. He’s blessed with Josh Allen, who can turn any busted play into a winning play. This is the same guy who basically eliminated Devin Singletary from the offense at various points of the season, etc. The Bills aren’t winning due to Daboll’s genius. But the momentum is building. The stories about him will start being written. He’ll be discussed glowingly as long as the Bills playoff run continues. And next, he’s a head coach for some unfortunate franchise that makes bad decisions over and over again (like the Dolphins).

Hey, he’s a coordinator for a playoff team! He must be head coach material! Ignore the fact that he’s never been a head coach before at any level. Some guys should remain coordinators.
This really means nothing to me. McD was never a HC at any level would he be considered a success? I can go on and on about that. It is how the staff is built and is the guy a leader of men.

Complaining is mostly what a lot of posters on here do whether the Dolphins are looking for a new head coach, just lost a game, won but didn’t win in a satisfactory manner or just because there spouse or significant other doesn’t what to listen to them complain anymore.

I just figure that their complaining is better for their long term health. So just let them complain if they must and just hope the Dolphins hire a HC who comes in and has more success than the last half dozen HC’s they have hired.

This really means nothing to me. McD was never a HC at any level would he be considered a success? I can go on and on about that. It is how the staff is built and is the guy a leader of men.
Of course it would mean nothing to you - you’re fortunate enough that McDermott has succeeded so far as a head coach. He has a top QB and a very astute partner working in the front office.

On the other hand, the Dolphins have consistently chosen coaches with no prior head coaching experience in their background and have consistently chosen incorrectly.

Of course it would mean nothing to you - you’re fortunate enough that McDermott has succeeded so far as a head coach. He has a top QB and a very astute partner working in the front office.

On the other hand, the Dolphins have consistently chosen coaches with no prior head coaching experience in their background and have consistently chosen incorrectly.
No but I also think there is way to much put into the former HC stuff. You can lead or you cannot. You can build a competent team or you cannot.

That should be the focus Of the interview. Leadership process and such, staff philosophy, sports science and analytics philosophies.

Far to often I think the Billionaires think the can identify leaders because they have in their other businesses outside of football and take it for granted.

That’s all I am trying to say with the Don't care about that.

No but I also think there is way to much put into the former HC stuff. You can lead or you cannot. You can build a competent team or you cannot.

That should be the focus Of the interview. Leadership process and such, staff philosophy, sports science and analytics philosophies.

Far to often I think the Billionaires think the can identify leaders because they have in their other businesses outside of football and take it for granted.

That’s all I am trying to say with the Don't care about that.
I don’t disagree with what you’ve said, but if you’ve already proven over and over again that you can’t identify leaders and you can’t project future success, it might be time to look at a former HC.

There is actual evidence to review, not just projections.

It’s one of the reasons I’d be more interested in Frazier as a candidate than Daboll. I can look at Frazier’s performance when he was tasked with running a professional football team. What kind of staff did he put together? How did young players perform/develop? Did he overachieve or underachieve? Why did he lose the job and how has he changed? I could go on.

Or you could project, without evidence, that someone who only handles one segment of the team can do something he’s never been tasked with doing previously.

The Phins have tried it one way for nearly two decades. Time to try something “new.”

Yeah but Daboll can fire all those candy A$$es and get his own entourage.

Back
Top Bottom