I see this as a problem that needs resolving | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I see this as a problem that needs resolving

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I think some people are attempting to make legitimate posts and then get some jagoff saying something completely off topic thus causing the post to be relocated to the so called smack forum(Depths of the Sea). My point if I have one is why should a person get his thread moved on which was a serious topic to him because others decide to turn it into smack talk. So am I to assume if someone dislikes your post they can just say some irrevelant comments that may amoun to smack and the the thread is basically moved to the basement known as the depths.

No. That usually doesn't happen that way though it may appear that is the case if you don't know al the criteria we use to make the detrmination of what goes and stays.

I can assure you that if a poster makes a well thought-out honest attempt at discussion, without inflammatory rhetoric, to start the thread, we would make a much greater effort to keep that thread in the Dolphins forum.

You are only seeing the tip of the Iceberg.

We usually try to keep the threads on topic by deleting the smack posts but sometimes there is just too many of them whereupon the thread gets sent to the depths.Thats why it may appear that the thread is OK because we have deleted most of the bad posts.

Also there are other factors involved such as troll behaviour and suspicious IP numbers which the members are not aware of.

You guys are probably right it just seems like some people are harpooning posts by turning them inot smack talk.

Also I don't agree with how all the moderators act at times but good job overall keeping things together.

dlockz said:
You guys are probably right it just seems like some people are harpooning posts by turning them inot smack talk.

Also I don't agree with how all the moderators act at times but good job overall keeping things together.

We do the best we can with 13 mods/admins, 20,000 registered members and countless guests. :dolphins:

cnc66 said:
and a pretty good job too...

mornin' Mary!

Morning Marty. Not such a great morning for me. How are you doin?

njfinfan said:
Morning Marty. Not such a great morning for me. How are you doin?

sorry to hear that Mary..I really am. I am off today for Cocoa to do a history presentation.

Thanks Marty. Good luck with your presentation.

cnc66 said:
you are "dreaming"...:goof:

did you know, there is an official beach up there named after her....
Eden? or "Jeannie"?

i always liked Satellite beach as a kid....never saw one though. :(

cnc66 said:
sorry to hear that Mary..I really am. I am off today for Cocoa to do a history presentation.

And an outstanding job you did.

TO EVERYONE: If you ever get a chance to attend one of Marty's reenactments, make the time to do so. If you even have a passing interest in early Florida history, you will not be disappointed. Marty makes the time period when the earliest settlers were setting up homesteads in Florida come to life with first hand accounts as recorded by his ancestors and their fellow settlers.

I was throughly impressed.

Thank you Marty. It was a pleasure and honor to meet you.

As a history buff I am going to have to see one of those presentations next time I travel to Florida.

CrunchTime said:
As a history buff I am going to have to see one of those presentations next time I travel to Florida.

Perhaps we can convince Marty to record a presentation on DVD and share it with the out-of-staters.

It is THAT good...

Back
Top Bottom