I see this as a problem that needs resolving | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I see this as a problem that needs resolving

Thanks Malcolm, for all the kind words, it was a true pleasure to meet you and spend some time chatting afterwards, thanks very much for your support.

I do love Florida's pioneer history... Mal, I have been perusing the micro film... I have 460 lineal feet of it, with approximately 16 images per foot..that's 7360 pages of daily reports... I am nearly in heaven...next Saturday will not come soon enough....

that's 1840 bucks at 25 cents per image...YIKES...I gotta make a deal...

one image copied per minute....122 hours..just copying.

Jewelers loop or flashlight? :lol: I had a feeling you couldn't wait.

It was a pleasure meeting you too. I hope that more people can avail themselves of the experience you share and your knowledge of early Florida.

I have been to a lot of free presentations and few have been worth the price. That is certainly not the case with your reenactment.

I hope you can work out some deal with the library that stands to get as much (if not more) than they will give in the form of copies. That's a lot of money for one man to bear.

Next time, I will bring my fiance. She will get a kick out of the experience.

Thanks again, bro.

Celtkin said:
Jewelers loop or flashlight? :lol: I had a feeling you couldn't wait.

It was a pleasure meeting you too. I hope that more people can avail themselves of the experience you share and your knowledge of early Florida.

I have been to a lot of free presentations and few have been worth the price. That is certainly not the case with your reenactment.

I hope you can work out some deal with the library that stands to get as much (if not more) than they will give in the form of copies. That's a lot of money for one man to bear.

Next time, I will bring my fiance. She will get a kick out of the experience.

Thanks again, bro.

I am confident something will be worked out. Pam Cooper, like I said, runs one of the best libraries...Florida rooms, I have ever been in. It approaches the PK Yonge library at Gainesville. She will want this in HER library, and she has the resources and clout to make it happen. There might even be a student available to help. They just don't realize what a treasure trove this info is...AND it saves me a trip to the National Archives fighting with the old women for the copier.

everything is in the negative which takes a TON of ink, and I don't think the microfilm printer can reverse it. I will be investigating macro-digital photography this week. If I can capture them digitally, I can manipulate them and reverse the negative images...its the first thing I do with the ones I have..return them to original.

PHINATIC13 said:
what irony.....................................................................:tongue: j/k :wink:

Ima little slow tonight, you'll have to explain that one Phin...

cnc66 said:
you are gunna have to take me by the hand on this one.... I still don't have a clue:goof:

OP is complaining about some posters taking over threads(off topic) and I was referring to Celtkin and your posts about a visit.Aw heck cnc66,if I had to to go this far maybe it wasn't as funny as I thought(I am my best audience:rolleyes:).:goof:

Back
Top Bottom