I think the Chargers want Ogunleye! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Chargers want Ogunleye!

Originally posted by ZOD

I was just wondering because it looked a little skewed toward our side.

I'm just taking into consideration our negotiating position and their negotiating position with that question.

I'd be hard pressed to pull the trigger on that one if I was the Chargers GM.

People are forgetting something here...

Boston posted almost 900 yards on a bad team in a new system and even missed two games.

What was Chambers numbers?

David Boston

Chris Chambers

I don't think we should be in such a rush to turn our noses up around here.....

And please don't tell me Norv likes to run more than Marty....

IMO our negotiating position is pretty good. A 2nd DE is more important than a 2nd wr. We have enough cap room to sign Ogun long term (I believe). So Miami should be more than happy to keep Ogun and just draft a wr at #20. SD on the other hand really wants to avoid this $3 mill. bonus. So they have to not only get rid of him, they have to do it quick.

I would rather just trade a 3rd for Boston and keep Ogun so if they want us to throw in Ogun they better really sweeten the pot.

Also comparing Chamber's #s to Boston's isn't really relevant unless you're thinking of trading Chambers for Boston. IMO Chamber's #s are more reflective of our QB/OL problems than of his relative value. I'm not saying Boston had great situation but simply that his value is lower b/c of the attitude/injury questions.

I highly disagree that Aguneleye can't play a 3-4 defense, that is ridiculous considering the man plays the run as well as the pass very consistent. He has the speed to attack runningbacks. He would be a strong side defensive end in a 3-4 defense. He has the weight and strengh.

Originally posted by ZOD

Are you thinking Zod is a dumba$$? :lol:

Nope, actually debating on whether to get new Jordan's or not. I was just seeing if you were psychic :lol:

Originally posted by rafael

IMO our negotiating position is pretty good. A 2nd DE is more important than a 2nd wr. We have enough cap room to sign Ogun long term (I believe). So Miami should be more than happy to keep Ogun and just draft a wr at #20. SD on the other hand really wants to avoid this $3 mill. bonus. So they have to not only get rid of him, they have to do it quick.

I would rather just trade a 3rd for Boston and keep Ogun so if they want us to throw in Ogun they better really sweeten the pot.

Also comparing Chamber's #s to Boston's isn't really relevant unless you're thinking of trading Chambers for Boston. IMO Chamber's #s are more reflective of our QB/OL problems than of his relative value. I'm not saying Boston had great situation but simply that his value is lower b/c of the attitude/injury questions.

I pretty much agree with your assertions.

It's just worthy of some thought to consider Ogunleye's worth to the Defense vs. Boston's worth to our offense.

The simple fact is that we still need two top quality O-linemen and an upgrade at receiver.

I don't think anybody would debate that Boston is not an upgrade over Thompson.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Nope, actually debating on whether to get new Jordan's or not. I was just seeing if you were psychic :lol:

Are you young? Are Jordan's in style?

I wear pathetic 40 dollar Nikes. :lol:

I figure I'm about 10 years away from "walking shoes".

Originally posted by ZOD

Are you young? Are Jordan's in style?

I wear pathetic 40 dollar Nikes. :lol:

I figure I'm about 10 years away from "walking shoes".

Yeah, I'm 21. Jordan's are always in style. Everything he touches turns to gold(except the Wizards).

Originally posted by SMadison29

Yeah, I'm 21. Jordan's are always in style. Everything he touches turns to gold(except the Wizards).

Ain't they som'n like $150 a pop?????????????
Better go with them old canvas Converses'!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom