I think the Chargers want Ogunleye! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Chargers want Ogunleye!

Boston for O-gun straight up is a bad trade for us. I fear though, that we may end up doing that based on need.

I would think about a trade of Boston and their second for O-gun and a fourth. I think that is fair for everyone. If they insist on a third, we insist on their first, or second and third.

Wiley and Lee Ray Johnson were both cut already to the person who asked. We are in desperate need of a number two as well as more O-line help. I would be hesitant to trade out of the first when we have to glaring holes. If Miami can shore up wide receiver before the draft and do their best with O-line, we can pick the most tlaented left at either position and have, if nothing else, quality depth.

Originally posted by Samphin
Boston for O-gun straight up is a bad trade for us. I fear though, that we may end up doing that based on need.

I would think about a trade of Boston and their second for O-gun and a fourth. I think that is fair for everyone. If they insist on a third, we insist on their first, or second and third.

Wiley and Lee Ray Johnson were both cut already to the person who asked. We are in desperate need of a number two as well as more O-line help. I would be hesitant to trade out of the first when we have to glaring holes. If Miami can shore up wide receiver before the draft and do their best with O-line, we can pick the most tlaented left at either position and have, if nothing else, quality depth.

and that's why I had this thought in the first place. :D

I would love Boston + SD #2 (33) = Ogun + Miami #3 OR
I would like Boston + SD #3 (65) = Ogun + Miami #6 OR
I would still consider Boston + SD #4 + next year SD #4 = Ogun
Ogun is definitely worth more than Boston, the question is, how much more??? Let's not forget SD drafts FIRST. With any scenario, we are still getting good value for Ogun as well as a marquee WR.

OH hell no! Ogun for Boston? No way, no way do we lose Wale for nothing and Boston could end up being nothing for us. NO trade Wale for a 1st rounder at least and more if we can or keep him.

Did we overestimate Ogun's value?

Would any of us give up our #1 Wr and a pick for a DE?

Just curious

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
OH hell no! Ogun for Boston? No way, no way do we lose Wale for nothing and Boston could end up being nothing for us. NO trade Wale for a 1st rounder at least and more if we can or keep him.

Wale could end up being nothing without JT

The door swings both ways!

I agree with finfan77 I,ll trade them O-gun and our 1st for Boston and their 1st. Maybe our 3rd for their 2nd etc. I think a deal can be made here.

Probowl DEs with 24.5 sacks over 2 years (that's right, he's done it for more than 1 year) are worth way more than WRs with questionable attitudes and injury questions.

I would love to have Boston here, but the minimum trade would be Boston + pick #33 for Ogun.

Originally posted by rafael
I would love to have Boston here, but the minimum trade would be Boston + pick #33 for Ogun.

You do realize that's like saying Boston and a 1st for Ogunleye?

No, I do not think that Boston will "get away from us" because with so many prospect stars in the draft and many FA Wrs hes not worth nearly as much and wont be sought after as much. We can easily pick up boston if we want. the question is does Rick want him or not?

Originally posted by ZOD

You do realize that's like saying Boston and a 1st for Ogunleye?

Yes, an incredibly late 1st (so late you could call it a 2nd) and since Boston is worth at most a 3rd that would equal his tender. If it makes you feel better I might throw in a 6th along with Ogun.

Originally posted by finfan77
HMMMMMMM

If they would be willing to swap 1st's I would do it.....

Ogun & 1st rounder

for

Boston & 1st rounder.....

Who to take....Gallery? Fitzgerald? Williams? Eli??

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Sorry, must've dosed off.

Know what? Actually, I was thinking it would be cool to swap ogun for boston and their 2nd rndr. But I like your's better and they can keep their 3rd rndr!! :lol:

We don't have to trade WALLY, but SD absolutely needs him or a DE like him. KEARSE and others are gone, and except for their being UFAs versus WALLY being a RFA, WALLY's the better choice anyway. As to BOSTON, someone has already posted that his 1 great year was before he blew out his knee; and his CANCEROUS ATTITUDE is the most RECENT SIGNIFICANT FACTOR of all. For all his talent, he's no bargain. So the way I see it, it's WALLY for SD's 1st and BOSTON. Think of it this way: WALLY's tendered at a 1st and a 3rd, and if BOSTON's worth only a 3rd, then we're giving SD THEIR OWN 3rd BACK, instead of taking their 3rd and giving them ours. So they keep their 3rd instead of giving it to us along with their 1st for WALLY, while unloading BOSTON.

It boils down to this: (1) We get BOSTON and SD's 1st, and get to keep our own 3rd; (2) SD gets WALLY and keeps its own MUCH HIGHER 3rd, and unloads a potential star-WR/headache (take your pick then place your bets). I don't want to give any more of a bargain to SD than that: we're not here to mend their fences, or pull their chestnuts out of the fire.

MIAMI's under no pressure here--the rest of the league is. After all, we can always sign WALLY longterm, and tell everyone else to go to Hell and stay there.

Back
Top Bottom