I think the Chargers want Ogunleye! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Chargers want Ogunleye!

Yeah but right now we need more help on offense than defense.. maybe if we sign a DE that will be ok and improve.. i want boston!

Maybe your sight is as short as your thoughts? :idea:

Wale for Boston is a ripoff. Wale for Boston and a high pick (perhaps their 2nd) might be viable (assuming we want Boston). Still, I'm leery of the WR.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB

Why not, would you rather have two guys with huge contracts,a nd not get anymore offensive lineman.. If ogun is required to be in the trade i wouldnt back down, but if he isn ot, i would keep him..

O-gun for boston would be a stupid move man.

We currently have a first round pick. O-gun will bring us at LEAST another first round pick.

Boston should be had for a 3rd round pick.

Now, why would you give O-gun to them in place of a 3rd round pick, when he's worth a first?

2 firsts and Boston means, OL and Rivers!

Originally posted by ZOD
Read the implied terms that are being discussed. I think the Chargers are trying to get Ogunleye.

I think their trying to pass off Boston for Ogunleye.

"the Dolphins and Chargers have discussed a possible trade"

and then the article says "including".

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8143825.htm

Though the article says nothing of Ogun, it's almost a given that they at least brought his name up. I'm sure every team would. The question is will miami make that swap or trade a third rounder.

given boston's volitale past i would go for the third rounder and future compensation. Keep in mind the precedent will be the owens trade and the glut or wr's in the draft. So Boston's value is lower than normal.

Originally posted by Muck
Wale for Boston is a ripoff. Wale for Boston and a high pick (perhaps their 2nd) might be viable (assuming we want Boston). Still, I'm leery of the WR.

Yes there is cause for worry but that doesn't prevent San Diego from throwing the scenario on the table.

And it doesn't stop Spielman from considering it.....

I just think there is more to this than Boston for picks......

Wale and their 2nd

Originally posted by Muck

Isn't a bad trade at all. if the owens trade is overturned then their 2nd round pick will be 34th pick overall if not the 33rd. I would make that trade in a heartbeat....
but then again Ogun is the future, so I would play hardball and trade the third.

Will Boston be the next guy to"get away" from us? Lets not get our hopes to high so we won't be disapointed. Then if it really happens we can all be happy, after he passes his physcical.

Ozzy rules!!

quote:

HMMMMMMM

If they would be willing to swap 1st's I would do it.....

Ogun & 1st rounder

for

Boston & 1st rounder.....

Who to take....Gallery? Fitzgerald? Williams? Eli??

ELI FOR HEAVENS SAKE!

Nahhh, were going to send McIntosh back to them....along with Derrius Thompson and Jamar Fletcher.

The more I think about this the more I think that this may not be about Boston at all. This entire "Chargers talk" may be about Ogunleye.

The Chargers can't give up the first overall pick for Ogun.

The Dolphins will not accept pick number 33 only.

The Chargers will not give up their 2nd (33) and 3rd picks.

So the Chargers throw Boston on the table.

Can this be a last ditch effort to get Ogunleye?

If Boston is still worth a damn, a 3rd is a steal. He's just insanely talented. However, aside from a blown out knee, I just haven't seen much from him the last two years. Not only that, but I have injury and locker room concerns. Some call him a locker room cancer. There's a reason why he's heading to his 3rd team in 3 years.

The guy scares me. ANY kind of decent investment in Boston scares me. If we aqure him, we're going to have to restructure his contract....meaning we will have to make a significant commitment to the guy. Then again, there's a chance that the Dolphins play smart with the contract like the Chargers did and include clauses and conditions to protect themselves.

All I'm preaching is "buyer beware".

Re: Wale and their 2nd

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Isn't a bad trade at all. if the owens trade is overturned then their 2nd round pick will be 34th pick overall if not the 33rd. I would make that trade in a heartbeat....
but then again Ogun is the future, so I would play hardball and trade the third.

But T.O. has consistently been one of the best and most productive WRs in the game. Boston had one good season three years ago. And that was on the other side of a blown out knee.

There's just so much risk involved. More than normal IMO. And that's what scares me. There's a bigger risk of failure with this deal.

But if we get him, I'll support the decision and hope that my fears are unfounded. :)

Back
Top Bottom