I think the Redskins take Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Redskins take Tua

Haskins is better than Tua. Bigger volume, bigger arm, bigger, can take pounding, bigger contribution to the team.

It is interesting that almost every QB, just like those that play for Washington State and Oklahoma, have the same level of success. Those offenses, and those high level coordinators are huge advantages especially in conferences that have almost no defense.

It is interesting that almost every QB, just like those that play for Washington State and Oklahoma, have the same level of success. Those offenses, and those high level coordinators are huge advantages especially in conferences that have almost no defense.

Same goes for Tua. His numbers are wacky.

This is one of those things that’s a lot easier to decide on a message board than as a newly hired HC.

I think Haskins showed enough and because of the health concern and the fact that Haskins would have to go thru an entire season knowing Tua is “his guy”...I doubt it.

Lord knows he’s thinking about it though. Long and hard.

This is one of those things that’s a lot easier to decide on a message board than as a newly hired HC.

I think Haskins showed enough and because of the health concern and the fact that Haskins would have to go thru an entire season knowing Tua is “his guy”...I doubt it.

Especially at the end of the season...Rosen situation was he got worse as the season went on.

I do think a new coach would be better positioned to draft a QB in that situation then say...the Lions who are all fighting to keep their jobs. Not all new coaches, but Riverboat has a good enough resume, that he will be given some flexibility.

Also, I could be wrong, but didn't Snyder really like Haskins?

Haskins is better than Tua. Bigger volume, bigger arm, bigger, can take pounding, bigger contribution to the team.

I liked Haskins a lot more than most folks on here coming out, I watched, probably 75% of his games last season live and I really saw him grow up from Maryland on, I think he generally gets a disservice on here and elsewhere. Having said that this is nonsense dude, Haskins had a hugely impressive 2018, but when you play your conference title game against Northwestern it shows the level of competition he faced, he also like folks have tried to down play Tua for, had a outstanding WR corps.

Tua's changed the narrative on how Bama play, he has been simply stellar in his time with them, it's not even close which QB had the better college resume.

If I were Rivera and the skins, I would not roll the dice on Tua, unless the recovery is startling and obvious, even then it would be a tough call. Rivera doesn't need to tie himself to Tua's health, he's not tied to Haskins and can afford to take a year to assess what he has and take the golden boy of this draft in Chase Young, which will immediately get the fans on his side. If things don't work out for Haskins in 20, the Skins are likely to be in a similar situation next year with Fields and Lawrence the prize for the worst teams in the NFL. If they had 3 first rounders like a certain team, they could afford to roll the dice, but I don't think Rivera wants to start his reign off by picking someone that may never play a down for them when they have a QB already who has shown some promise in year 1.

Especially at the end of the season...Rosen situation was he got worse as the season went on.

I do think a new coach would be better positioned to draft a QB in that situation then say...the Lions who are all fighting to keep their jobs. Not all new coaches, but Riverboat has a good enough resume, that he will be given some flexibility.

Also, I could be wrong, but didn't Snyder really like Haskins?
Yes word in the street is that he had a lot of say in wanting Haskins. He’s not the kind of guy to admit a mistake, but you don’t know what changes he’s had to make to entice Rivera.

The possibility of trading that pick has to be a part of that thought process. I see that as more likely than the Redskins taking Tua.

This would be a disaster for the Dolphins. If they tore down their roster to load up on draft capital only to get trumped at the QB position would be so Miami Dolphins.

Agree that Miami should be open to trading up for Tua, but if Washington wants him, Miami may not have a say in the matter.

Considering where this team is, what this team needs, the current resources this year and next year what is your "that's TOO rich for Tua?"

All THREE of our 1st round picks in a trade? Is that TOO much for Tua?

What's the max comp you'd be willing to give and no futher?

That is an interesting take. If his rehab is going well I could see that.

9da065dd-a89a-4b93-b9d7-427e6148328e-gif.170405

Back
Top Bottom