I think this needs its own thread... surtain to skins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think this needs its own thread... surtain to skins?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I hate to do this, but if I'm a GM and I'm thinking of trading the # 25 pick in the first round and it came down to Surtain and Clements? I take Clements. The Redskins are building for the future, they are going nowhere with the Eagles in that division. I take the younger Clements who would be around when they get good.

The Redskins are NOT building for the future. They will be in salary cap problems in 2-3 years. With all these trades they ar doing they are gearing for next year.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I hate to do this, but if I'm a GM and I'm thinking of trading the # 25 pick in the first round and it came down to Surtain and Clements? I take Clements. The Redskins are building for the future, they are going nowhere with the Eagles in that division. I take the younger Clements who would be around when they get good.

But the Redskins want to win now...that's why Danny Snyder has spent more money than anyone else during free agency the past few years...he's also turned over his staff several times to try to get an instant winner...he's the Boy George of NFL owners. Wants to win now at almost any cost...Gibbs also has a history of preference towards veterans and he's having some trouble with his youngsters atm (Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, and LaVar Arrington). He may even be a bit desperate for some real leadfership on his team right now. I'm not sure of this but I think that since we are talking about the Redskins here that they'll be more likely to want Surtain over Clements even though their Defensive Coordinator used to coach Clements. Clements is very good, IMO, but Surtain adds the instant Pro Bowl resume that the Danny seems to prefer...this is if the Skins are targetting a vet corner as is being reported.

Oboy said:
I doubt you get the 1st and a 2nd/3rd. He is a really good corner, but in the last year of his contract you do not get as much for him as you would normally. He is definitely worth a first, and last year he did outplay Surtain... But take off your red and blue glasses if you think you are getting a first and third. Maybe a first and fifth, I just do not see two first day picks for him - unless it is 2nd and 3rd.
I don't think he's saying we will get a 1st but that's what it would take for anyone to take him away from the bills this year. Maybe even next year if he's tagged.

Justasportsfan said:
I don't think he's saying we will get a 1st but that's what it would take for anyone to take him away from the bills this year. Maybe even next year if he's tagged.

Exactly, teams would have to overpay if they want him, he's too valuable to our team.

Plus he's better than any of the corners that are coming out in this draft.

KuchaMucha said:
So is Surtain.
aside from having better nos. than Surtain as a corner, Clements was one of the best punt returners in the NFL last year. He's younger, healthier and hasn't peaked. So no matter what you do to spin things around, Clements has more value.

wpgfishfan said:
The Redskins are NOT building for the future. They will be in salary cap problems in 2-3 years. With all these trades they ar doing they are gearing for next year.

Anybody with two eyes can see they are 2 plus years away! Synder is killing the franchise. There is no way they can win this year!

that would be great if we could get the #7 and #18 from Minn. and then get the #25 from Wash. in a Surtain deal then we'd have 3 1st rounders and one possiblity would be to get Mike Williams, Marcus Spears and Travis Johnson all in the first round :eek:

Plus the Redskins have Santana Moss and Taylor working out in Florida against Gibbs demand they be up in Washington. Moss wants more money, Arrington is pissed because they played him to soon. This team is a mess!!!

KuchaMucha said:
But the Redskins want to win now...that's why Danny Snyder has spent more money than anyone else during free agency the past few years...he's also turned over his staff several times to try to get an instant winner...he's the Boy George of NFL owners. Wants to win now at almost any cost...Gibbs also has a history of preference towards veterans and he's having some trouble with his youngsters atm (Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, and LaVar Arrington). He may even be a bit desperate for some real leadfership on his team right now. I'm not sure of this but I think that since we are talking about the Redskins here that they'll be more likely to want Surtain over Clements even though their Defensive Coordinator used to coach Clements. Clements is very good, IMO, but Surtain adds the instant Pro Bowl resume that the Danny seems to prefer...this is if the Skins are targetting a vet corner as is being reported.
The Skins are doing what the bills did last year w/ the Losman pick. They want to get players to groom this year so they will be ready next year. I doubt they think that they will win now w/ rookies.

nick19991 said:
that would be great if we could get the #7 and #18 from Minn. and then get the #25 from Wash. in a Surtain deal then we'd have 3 1st rounders and one possiblity would be to get Mike Williams, Marcus Spears and Travis Johnson all in the first round :eek:

And who do we cut to pay all three?

Don't forget the Salary Cap!:eek:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Plus the Redskins have Santana Moss and Taylor working out in Florida against Gibbs demand they be up in Washington. Moss wants more money, Arrington is pissed because they played him to soon. This team is a mess!!!

You think there is any chance Arrington gets traded and they draft Derrick Johnson?

I've thought of this possiblity for a while:confused:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And who do we cut to pay all three?

Don't forget the Salary Cap!:eek:

In theory, couldn't we use the money spent on Surtain to pay those 3 rookies? I could see the #7 costing us a bit but the others won't be too expensive. I don't think this is going to happen but I was just wondering.

phinfan2003 said:
In theory, couldn't we use the money spent on Surtain to pay those 3 rookies? I could see the #7 costing us a bit but the others won't be too expensive. I don't think this is going to happen but I was just wondering.

I think surtain is a Dolphin this year!

Losman7 said:
You think there is any chance Arrington gets traded and they draft Derrick Johnson?

I've thought of this possiblity for a while:confused:

Arrington has been a pain in the @$$ for them the past few years. But they could stand pat and still get Johnson at # 9 in a ton of mocks?

But we are talking the redskins!

Back
Top Bottom