I think we might be all in on this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we might be all in on this year

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
I think we might not pick a QB and instead we'll pick D, OL and skill players to try and make a run this year.

Keeping Fitz as the starter, getting rid of a young OC that looked to be doing well in favor of Chan Gailey.

Having Rosen on the bench, too.

I think we're trying to get as many QB hungry teams to trade up and we'll end up taking one of Young, Simmons, Brown or Okuda.

Not saying I agree but it's just what it looks like.

There is absolutely no way Miami doesn't pick a qb in the 1st. Simply no way. It's comical to believe otherwise.

We'll see. Trust me, if we end up with a QB I'll be a happy little camper. I'm just not that confident they will.

I think we might not pick a QB and instead we'll pick D, OL and skill players to try and make a run this year.

Keeping Fitz as the starter, getting rid of a young OC that looked to be doing well in favor of Chan Gailey.

Having Rosen on the bench, too.

I think we're trying to get as many QB hungry teams to trade up and we'll end up taking one of Young, Simmons, Brown or Okuda.

Not saying I agree but it's just what it looks like.
are you trying to start a riot on this site?....lol

Yeah, thinking that for whatever reason the Dolphins refrain from drafting a QB this year— unlikely, but could be part of a reasonable strategy.

Thinking that the Dolphins can, through the draft and free agency, assemble a team around Fitzpatrick that’s going to be strong enough to make a run at a championship with him at the controls— everyone in the front office should be fired and Ross should be put in a home and the team taken away from him.

Last edited:
Surround 38 year old QB with 6 or 7 rookie starters for the purpose of making a run for the Super Bowl... Interesting take.

I know, right? Flores just seems like that guy to me and his words and actions confirm it. Regardless of the future or what history might suggest he seems to think he can win with Fitz NOW. How much? At least 8-8. I think Flores would rather go 8-8 now with a game wrecker on defense that might win him 2-3 extra games than 5-11 again with a red shirt QB.

He just strikes me as such, has said as much and his actions, even the smokescreens seem to say so.

I think pimping the second tier QBs sounds more like we hope 3-4 go ahead of us than we actually intending to pick them.

I've been messing around with mock drafts almost daily (fantasy world, I know). In just about every scenario we can come out with some real talent filling multiple key positions. In most scenarios we can come away with a QB at 5 or somewhere in the first 2 rounds. Add some solid, but not frivolous free agent pick ups and we can really re-tool our entire team. Some productive Starters from last year can play a different role as back ups and special teams.

The Dolphins will not have a winning record, much less go to the playoffs with Fitzpatrick as their starting QB. He is nothing but a career backup who is capable of playing well over short periods of time but he has never been on a playoff team. There is a reason he has played on so many teams in the NFL and the reason is he just isn’t that good.
With Fitzgerald as their starting QB next year the Dolphins will likely win between 4 to 6 games. I have no problem with the Dolphins using this years draft and free agency to upgrade the OL and the defense but
the Dolphins will never be a playoff team until they have a QB much better than Fitzpatrick leading this team.

#1 Burrow. Not sure it'll be the Bengals. The Panthers look like players to trade up.

#2 Herbert. Rivera strikes me as someone who is very predictable. He'll repeat past choices that worked and avoid the causes of potential pifalls he experienced first hand. Examples of succesful choices, picking a big, fast, strong armed QB #1 his first year in Carolina. Examples of potential pitfalls, attention seeking personality (Tua might not be toxic but he is very attention driven) and injuries. An injury to Newton basically ended his tenure in Car.

#3 Tua to Chargers on a trade up. They give up the proverbial farm.

#4 Chase Young to NYG. Gettleman doesn't trade down.

#5 Simmons? Brown? Okuda?

Back
Top Bottom