I think we might be all in on this year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we might be all in on this year

If we roll with the Ewok as are best option at QB again, we are not trying to make a run this year.
There is no "run" to be made this year, regardless of any FAs or draft picks.

Playoff? this team needs to retool the offensive line, a rookie QB isn't going to get this team to the playoffs with no blocking, OL in FA is a option, allow Rosen a chance to fail or succeed, draft a QB at 18, get trade the 5th pick to maybe number 10, get Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy, draft a sledge hammer RB at 26, Get Jacob Fromme in the 2nd round.

I think we might not pick a QB and instead we'll pick D, OL and skill players to try and make a run this year.

Keeping Fitz as the starter, getting rid of a young OC that looked to be doing well in favor of Chan Gailey.

Having Rosen on the bench, too.

I think we're trying to get as many QB hungry teams to trade up and we'll end up taking one of Young, Simmons, Brown or Okuda.

Not saying I agree but it's just what it looks like.
I'd be shocked to not select a QB. I'm sure Ross has ben clear that he wants that addressed in this draft.

All it will take is one team wanting to trade up to one of our 3 first round picks and we can have 3 first rounders again next year.
And that still won’t equal the war chest we have right now between this year and next year. What I said is factually correct and not a maybe baby.

There is no guarantee..what this team will look like in 3 to 4 yr..only thing we can do is sit back watch show.

I think we might not pick a QB and instead we'll pick D, OL and skill players to try and make a run this year.

Keeping Fitz as the starter, getting rid of a young OC that looked to be doing well in favor of Chan Gailey.

Having Rosen on the bench, too.

I think we're trying to get as many QB hungry teams to trade up and we'll end up taking one of Young, Simmons, Brown or Okuda.

Not saying I agree but it's just what it looks like.
Totally agree. Someone please tell me which rookie QB starts this season for Miami? NONE. They have so many holes and will draft immediate starters with all the picks they have. We will NOT be moving up unless it’s with 18 to get Love and will let the draft fall to us. If Tua falls, which I think he will, then we might take the chance. Still focused on Simmons

The purpose of gutting the roster was to build a sustainable winner. The purpose of accumulating all these picks was to have the ammo to trade up for the qb of our choice. We are 100% going to be all in on taking a qb, assuming that we have identified one in this class.
You will be so disappointed this year. Now next year is a different story

Totally agree. Someone please tell me which rookie QB starts this season for Miami? NONE. They have so many holes and will draft immediate starters with all the picks they have. We will NOT be moving up unless it’s with 18 to get Love and will let the draft fall to us. If Tua falls, which I think he will, then we might take the chance. Still focused on Simmons
They have so many holes, yes, but one of those gaping holes is a quarterback.

I'll still never understand this logic that people feel like taking a QB is a waste of a pick that could instead go towards a lesser important position as if you come out a "stronger" team in the end.

So weird.

They have so many holes, yes, but one of those gaping holes is a quarterback.

I'll still never understand this logic that people feel like taking a QB is a waste of a pick that could instead go towards a lesser important position as if you come out a "stronger" team in the end.

So weird.
If the pick is Burrow by trading up or Tua at 5, I agree with you. Otherwise there really isn’t another QB worthy of being a top ten pick, IMO. Herbert just has too many questions and Love and the rest of the 2020 draft class are no better than 2nd round or later talent.
If they can’t get Burrow or Tua in the first round, I would rather see them draft players at other positions of need who can come in and contribute immediately. Of course I would rather Fitzpatrick retire and they sign Bridgewater and let him and Rosen battle it out for the starting position for next season. I see zero benefit of having Fitzpatrick as the QB of the Dolphins next season.

If the pick is Burrow by trading up or Tua at 5, I agree with you. Otherwise there really isn’t another QB worthy of being a top ten pick, IMO. Herbert just has too many questions and Love and the rest of the 2020 draft class are no better than 2nd round or later talent.
If they can’t get Burrow or Tua in the first round, I would rather see them draft players at other positions of need who can come in and contribute immediately. Of course I would rather Fitzpatrick retire and they sign Bridgewater and let him and Rosen battle it out for the starting position for next season. I see zero benefit of having Fitzpatrick as the QB of the Dolphins next season.
I agree with you. I don't want to take a QB just to take one, but if we're in a position to get a QB prospect like Burrow or Tua, then we should be aggressive towards that.

The Dolphins will not have a winning record, much less go to the playoffs with Fitzpatrick as their starting QB. He is nothing but a career backup who is capable of playing well over short periods of time but he has never been on a playoff team. There is a reason he has played on so many teams in the NFL and the reason is he just isn’t that good.
With Fitzgerald as their starting QB next year the Dolphins will likely win between 4 to 6 games. I have no problem with the Dolphins using this years draft and free agency to upgrade the OL and the defense but
the Dolphins will never be a playoff team until they have a QB much better than Fitzpatrick leading this team.

To clarify, you think that with a CONSIDERABLE infusion of talent through FA and the draft...the Dolphins will be no better than last year? THAT I'm not buying. I understand that the schedule looks tougher, but in addition to whomever they add, they're getting X, Preston Williams, Reshad Jones, Bobby McCain and Jakeem Grant back, and their running game certainly can't be any worse. Keep in mind that this team was a last-second field goal and a two point conversion away from 7 wins last year.

I don't believe this is the "all-in" year for the Fins, but I also don't believe that Fitz at QB is going to torpedo the season, either.

Also, his name is Fitzpatrick. ;)

The quarterback situation appears complicated right now. I think the assumption is spot on that Cincinnati takes Burrow. If Washington really wants Tua, and that's not just a smokescreen, then I could see Miami pivoting in the draft. Depends on how the organization views Herbert, Love and other quarterbacks in this class.

Perhaps the Dolphins load up on talent at other positions and take someone like Fromm or Hurts later on. Of course, that wouldn't preclude Miami from drafting a quarterback high in 2021, but would give Flores and his staff to evaluate someone other than Rosen.

Are people are going to lose their minds when Miami gives up....????

2020: 5, 18, 39 & Josh Rosen
2021: 2nd round pick

to get....

Burrow and 2020, PICK 33.

LOL

That leaves us with 1, 26, 33, 56, etc

Back
Top Bottom