I think we might be all in on this year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we might be all in on this year

To clarify, you think that with a CONSIDERABLE infusion of talent through FA and the draft...the Dolphins will be no better than last year? THAT I'm not buying. I understand that the schedule looks tougher, but in addition to whomever they add, they're getting X, Preston Williams, Reshad Jones, Bobby McCain and Jakeem Grant back, and their running game certainly can't be any worse. Keep in mind that this team was a last-second field goal and a two point conversion away from 7 wins last year.

I don't believe this is the "all-in" year for the Fins, but I also don't believe that Fitz at QB is going to torpedo the season, either.

Also, his name is Fitzpatrick. ;)
You haven't been paying attention to Fitzpatrick's entire career then.

Is one rookie defensive player really going to be the difference between us making a run or not? That must be one helluva rookie.

I think we might not pick a QB and instead we'll pick D, OL and skill players to try and make a run this year.

Keeping Fitz as the starter, getting rid of a young OC that looked to be doing well in favor of Chan Gailey.

Having Rosen on the bench, too.

I think we're trying to get as many QB hungry teams to trade up and we'll end up taking one of Young, Simmons, Brown or Okuda.

Not saying I agree but it's just what it looks like.

Disagree on the premise....

I do think they will try to win....but they are under no pressure to do so, and would be setting themselves up for failure in bypassing a QB this year....

Under your theory they will probably finish too high to have a shot at the top QB’s in 2021...I think they will anyway.

I see them drafting a QB high!

Disagree on the premise....

I do think they will try to win....but they are under no pressure to do so, and would be setting themselves up for failure in bypassing a QB this year....

Under your theory they will probably finish too high to have a shot at the top QB’s in 2021...I think they will anyway.

I see them drafting a QB high!
2020 dolphins have tough schedule...with Fitzpatrick at qb they might win 4 to 6.

I think we might not pick a QB and instead we'll pick D, OL and skill players to try and make a run this year.

Keeping Fitz as the starter, getting rid of a young OC that looked to be doing well in favor of Chan Gailey.

Having Rosen on the bench, too.

I think we're trying to get as many QB hungry teams to trade up and we'll end up taking one of Young, Simmons, Brown or Okuda.

Not saying I agree but it's just what it looks like.

Don't want to come across as nit-picking, but what's your definition of "try and make a run this year." Particularly, "try." All 32 teams "try" every year. If you mean 'make every effort,' I'll agree. If you mean 'try successfully,' not so much. For now, a lot of new coaches and no one knows how they'll do, FAs unknown, draftees unknown.

I can see us going 8-8, maybe 9-7 if we just sign the FAs that make sense and use all our draft picks with no trade up and start by picking one of the 3 best defenders left.

If we just do that I can see us between .500 and a winning record with no playoffs. Easily, hands down.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has obviously had varying success and usually on mediocre to bad teams. His best and most significant years IMO are...

2012: Buffalo under Chan Gailey/Curtis Modkins
CJ Spiller 1244/6
Stevie Johnson 1046/6
Not exactly an all-star cast with an 83.3 Qb rating

2014: Houston under Bill O'Brien
Arian Foster 1246/8, DeAndre Hopkins 1210/6, Andre Johnson 936/3
Pretty decent cast and a 95.3 QB rating

2015: Jets under Bowles/Gailey
Chris Ivory 1070/7, Brandon Marshall 1502/14, Eric Decker 1027/12
Posted an 88 QB rating

2018: Bucs under Dirk Koetter/Todd Monken (played 7 games in relief)
Peyton Barber 871/5, Mike Evan 1524/8, Chris Godwin 842/7, Adam Humphries 816/5, DeSean Jackson 774/4
Posted 100.4 Qb rating but had some ridiculously awesome games. (156, 154 & 144 rated games) Also had some really bad ones with two under 50 rating.

2019: Dolphins under Flores/O'Shea
We all know what the numbers were but he has receivers that win the 50/50 balls which is a good fit for him. They don't get a lot of separation but he is not afraid to throw it up. Having Williams, Parker and Wilson all healthy would be a pretty good crew. He had ZERO help in the running game last year and over 500 attempts in 13 starts. Not exactly the ideal run/pass ratio for Fitz.

2020 dolphins have tough schedule...with Fitzpatrick at qb they might win 4 to 6.

I'm a little more optimistic than that, but, I'm concerned about the 1st 4-5 games. All that new blood and, for now, don't know who the 1st 4-5 opponents are. If it's stacked like last year, it could be disappointing

Back
Top Bottom