I waited a day to calm down.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I waited a day to calm down....

I agree with the prevailing thought in this thread. Good posts all around.

I love this team and I love football. And I will never, ever, ever give up on a season until the final game has been played. And I can't imagine how anyone could. What fun is that?? You hate being disappointed?? You don't deal well with your hopes not coming to fruition?? Well, life's not going to be very enjoyable for you...because life's a b*tch. :D In the meantime, try not to ruin it too much for the rest of us. :)

Everyone has their right to express their feelings here. But I'd be lying if I said all the constant whining and bickering didn't grade on me sometimes. After all, "tact" and "respect for others" isn't frowned upon around here. Actually, we encourage it. :tongue:

I mean, it sucks that we lost and everything. But looking back, I had a great time yesterday. The game was fun and exciting. Maybe it was the exorbinant amount of AmberBock I drank. :lol: But heck, any day where you can watch football all day is a GREAT day.

Finally, one last point. It's funny how we have so many armchair quarterbacks on this board bashing the team and coaches on a regular basis. And yet the most visible and knowledgeable football coach we have on the board (DOLFANMIKE) does nothing of the sort. Just thought that was funny. :) I'll try and do my best to be a better poster. Hopefully I'll start a trend.....and we'll become the best board ever!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: EXACTLY

Mike,

I think you're wrong there and I think the NFL actually enjoys the "armchair QB".

As uneducated as it may seem to you, they still have ideas.

Until Norv Turner and Jim Bates get there own program in the offseason to "break down" each game, I'll enjoy the second guessing.

If I didn't care about what people were saying about the game I wouldn't bother to come here.

If you don't enjoy it why do you read the stuff?

Originally posted by Muck
Finally, one last point. It's funny how we have so many armchair quarterbacks on this board bashing the team and coaches on a regular basis. And yet the most visible and knowledgeable football coach we have on the board (DOLFANMIKE) does nothing of the sort. Just thought that was funny. :) I'll try and do my best to be a better poster. Hopefully I'll start a trend.....and we'll become the best board ever!!

Okay....

I'll start it :peck:

Originally posted by Muck
I mean, it sucks that we lost and everything. But looking back, I had a great time yesterday. The game was fun and exciting. Maybe it was the exorbinant amount of AmberBock I drank. :lol: But heck, any day where you can watch football all day is a GREAT day.
[/B]

Muck, glad you had a good time. I bet it was good to get out. We missed you in the chat room. Hopefully the AmberBock helped with the pain..:)

Re: Re: EXACTLY

Originally posted by ZOD
Mike,

If I didn't care about what people were saying about the game I wouldn't bother to come here.

If you don't enjoy it why do you read the stuff?

Zod,
I don't read alot of posts on this board for that very reason. It's easy to avoid some of the constant know-it-alls by simply not reading. That's what I do. As far as different ideas, thats all fine and good. But like I said, I can have lots of "ideas" about how to teach everyone on the board the french language, but due to my ignorance of the french language I certainly won't know what the heck I'm talking about. But nonetheless....yes, I will have some "ideas" on what it is all about. Unfortunetly my ideas would be based on ignorance.

As much as we'd all like to think we understand the situations in the game, etc... the fact is we most likely do not......

Originally posted by NYPhinFan

1. Stating the obvious...Wade Smith had a horrible day...don't only look at the sacks...he was consistantly beaten on almost every play. Freeney disrupted our play calling...and made Griese get rid of the ball early several times. The problem with this is that we have no replacement...for anyone on this line. Wade Smith will be a very,very good LT in this league. Just yesterday...he was NOT.
2.Another obvious point...our OL is bad. Not average...not ok...bad. We open up no holes in the running game....we give up sacks off play action...when play action should freeze some DL and give us more time.

and it sounds eerily the same as years past..."we need to get better" talk each week from the coaches.

Right on all three of these points. One of the most fundamental points about football, that is often lost on fans who are enamored with the QB/RB/WR positions, is that blocking and tackling are what win football games. This is the worst blocking team I've seen in a long time. If you want a dominant team, get a dominant OL and a dominant DL.

For the kind of system the coaches are employing (conservative offense, running the ball, controlling the clock, and playing great defense), they have SYSTEMATICALLY ignored perhaps the most critical component of that - a powerful, consistent, OL. We have mid-round and free agent types playing there.

You were dead on with this criticism.

Re: Re: Re: EXACTLY

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
But nonetheless....yes, I will have some "ideas" on what it is all about. Unfortunetly my ideas would be based on ignorance.

But guess what Mike....

Some of us (including me) have enjoyed some of your more profound (to us) posts and look forward to others.

I think it would be more ignorant to be stupid and refuse to learn based on what is available.

So your "ignorance" would actually be "education" to most of us.

Sorry. I can't quit the job, leave the wife, and kids to apprentice in the coaching profession. I have to do little league. So I'll continue to speculate. When someone more qualified puts me in my place, I think I'll recognize. In the end, that's actually what I'm here looking for.

Re: Re: Re: Re: EXACTLY

Originally posted by ZOD

But guess what Mike....

Some of us (including me) have enjoyed some of your more profound (to us) posts and look forward to others.

I think it would be more ignorant to be stupid and refuse to learn based on what is available.

So your "ignorance" would actually be "education" to most of us.

Sorry. I can't quit the job, leave the wife, and kids to apprentice in the coaching profession. I have to do little league. So I'll continue to speculate. When someone more qualified puts me in my place, I think I'll recognize. In the end, that's actually what I'm here looking for.

No offense, but you'll just continue to look like a person who is a frustrated coach.

Unlike most of us here, Mike knows what he's talking about.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EXACTLY

Originally posted by Oliver

No offense, but you'll just continue to look like a person who is a frustrated coach.

Unlike most of us here, Mike knows what he's talking about.

Oliver...

So the response is not to speculate Oliver?

I think we all do it......and cite sources I might add.

I sure enjoy reading the Message board. I just think the attacks on our coaches and players is a disgrace for us as fans to do to our team. No, I do not like everything I see going on, but I also think it's a mistake to call our coaches, such as Turner, Bates, Wanny, etc idiots because they made a decision I didn't like.
I think it's a disgrace when it gets personal. These are all quality people and we're lucky to have them. I'm all for upgrading should the organization see an opportunity, but until that time comes I'm a Dolfan. Period. Again, most of the trash that comes up in those insulting posts is off target ignorance anyhow. So it's a pointless and negative read. If I wanted to read trash on how bad Miami is I'd go to a rival board.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I sure enjoy reading the Message board. I just think the attacks on our coaches and players is a disgrace for us as fans to do to our team. No, I do not like everything I see going on, but I also think it's a mistake to call our coaches, such as Turner, Bates, Wanny, etc idiots because they made a decision I didn't like.
I think it's a disgrace when it gets personal. These are all quality people and we're lucky to have them. I'm all for upgrading should the organization see an opportunity, but until that time comes I'm a Dolfan. Period. Again, most of the trash that comes up in those insulting posts is off target ignorance anyhow. So it's a pointless and negative read. If I wanted to read trash on how bad Miami is I'd go to a rival board.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly so let me speculate :)

I think alot of you guys (you irritated guys) are paying too much attention to trash talking kids and beer swilling trailer park rednecks.

Ya see. That's how I manage to "ignore" the posts that you are refering to.

*I left my blindside wide open! Who's going to take the shot?*

Great start to this thread by NYPHINFAN and only made better by the comments of the other posters who answered! I finally gave in yesterday and read some of the real negatine posts . I fouond myself getting angrier and angrier everytime I read "Well, Jay would not have done that,or Griese will get his next week(still cannot believe some phin fan wrote that!) From now on I will not read any of these posts anymore or try to respond to them. Nyphinfan is my brother and we have watched every Dolphin game together ever since we were little kids. Words will never describe how much joy and how much we relish phin football! Sure we yell during the games and we sure can pick out some guys who are not doing well BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE ALWAYS WANT TO WIN and we always keep up hope and we never give up on a season. This is a great website and forum.... we have to keep things positive....even when we have someone or something to criticize.:D :allhail:

Originally posted by Phins13
Great start to this thread by NYPHINFAN and only made better by the comments of the other posters who answered! I finally gave in yesterday and read some of the real negatine posts . I fouond myself getting angrier and angrier everytime I read "Well, Jay would not have done that,or Griese will get his next week(still cannot believe some phin fan wrote that!) From now on I will not read any of these posts anymore or try to respond to them. Nyphinfan is my brother and we have watched every Dolphin game together ever since we were little kids. Words will never describe how much joy and how much we relish phin football! Sure we yell during the games and we sure can pick out some guys who are not doing well BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE ALWAYS WANT TO WIN and we always keep up hope and we never give up on a season. This is a great website and forum.... we have to keep things positive....even when we have someone or something to criticize.:D :allhail:

Great Post!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EXACTLY

Originally posted by ZOD

So the response is not to speculate Oliver?

I think we all do it......and cite sources I might add.

Of course you should, I never said you shouldn't.

I find it amusing how some say this should be done, or that should be done abd say it like they are sitting there in meetings, and know every lil thing that's going on with the team.

It's one thing to express an opinion, it's another for that opinion to be an informed one. Fantasy football has made so many ppl feel like they actually know what they are talking about.

Over all I think it's more funny than anything else.

That's the exact opposite how I feel about Mike. The guy is a paid pro who lives and eats football day in day out. The man knows of what he speaks. Even if he's not around the Dolphins day in day out he has so much experience he can fill in more accurately than most of us here what is actually going on with this team.

That's how I feel any way.

Oliver...

Re: Re: I waited a day to calm down....

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

Right on all three of these points. One of the most fundamental points about football, that is often lost on fans who are enamored with the QB/RB/WR positions, is that blocking and tackling are what win football games. This is the worst blocking team I've seen in a long time. If you want a dominant team, get a dominant OL and a dominant DL.

Exactly....does anyone think KC would be doing what they're doing right now without those bulldozers they have up front?

Back
Top Bottom