I Want A ****ing Italian To Be Next Dolphins Coach: Vic Fangio | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Want A ****ing Italian To Be Next Dolphins Coach: Vic Fangio

Olive Garden rocks!!! I mean who doesn't love an authentic italian bread that can also be used to pound nails into concrete.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!

Too OLD

But more critical

NEVER BEEN A HC!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't we learned?????????????????????????????

I doubt there is a specific formula to hiring the right guy as success has come from both types. We've all seen former HC's go on to succeed as well as fail. Same for first time HC's. For every Sean McVay there is a Josh McDaniels or an Adam Gase. For every Pete Carroll there are probably 10 Dave Wannstedts.

Now, if you look at the 5 named candidates, they all have some sort of issue.

Eric Bieniemy: Riding the coat tails of a generational young QB? Also has never been a HC and was a short time OC. Sound familiar?

Kris Richard: Position coach only that has not even made it to the coordinator ranks.

Brian Flores: Only one year as a DC and lifelong (10 year) position coach. Long line of Patriot coordinators have failed to live up to expectations as HC's.

Darren Rizzi: Only one of the 5 candidates that has been a HC BUT it was at very small school (New Haven) for 3 years. Can he recruit a NFL caliber staff?

Looking at that list I would lean toward Rizzi or Fangio. Neither has been a HC in the NFL but I like the experience level from Fangio. He has a great track record for turning defenses around and his players love him. He also has 30+ years of developing relationships and contacts in the NFL and should be able to fill out a better staff that Gase did.

My main requirement would be that the new coach would actually act as a HC and not ignore one side of the ball. As an innovative DC, Fangio would also have great knowledge of all the offensive schemes around the league.

So far, these are my top two candidates from the search list.

Edit: I left off Munchak but I'm not sold on him. Wasn't impressed by Tennessee debut as a HC.

I doubt there is a specific formula to hiring the right guy as success has come from both types. We've all seen former HC's go on to succeed as well as fail. Same for first time HC's. For every Sean McVay there is a Josh McDaniels or an Adam Gase. For every Pete Carroll there are probably 10 Dave Wannstedts.

Now, if you look at the 5 named candidates, they all have some sort of issue.

Eric Bieniemy: Riding the coat tails of a generational young QB? Also has never been a HC and was a short time OC. Sound familiar?

Kris Richard: Position coach only that has not even made it to the coordinator ranks.

Brian Flores: Only one year as a DC and lifelong (10 year) position coach. Long line of Patriot coordinators have failed to live up to expectations as HC's.

Darren Rizzi: Only one of the 5 candidates that has been a HC BUT it was at very small school (New Haven) for 3 years. Can he recruit a NFL caliber staff?

Looking at that list I would lean toward Rizzi or Fangio. Neither has been a HC in the NFL but I like the experience level from Fangio. He has a great track record for turning defenses around and his players love him. He also has 30+ years of developing relationships and contacts in the NFL and should be able to fill out a better staff that Gase did.

My main requirement would be that the new coach would actually act as a HC and not ignore one side of the ball. As an innovative DC, Fangio would also have great knowledge of all the offensive schemes around the league.

So far, these are my top two candidates from the search list.

Edit: I left off Munchak but I'm not sold on him. Wasn't impressed by Tennessee debut as a HC.
Kris Richard was the defensive coordinator for the Seahawks.

Guess I missed that but how did those defenses do from 2015-2017? He did get fired.
Also, Richard does all the defensive play calling for the cowboys and is given credit for the cowboys turnaround on defense.

How about Fangio as head coach with Dan Campbell coming in as OC? Get back to the hard nosed team instead of this finesse BS.

How about Fangio as head coach with Dan Campbell coming in as OC? Get back to the hard nosed team instead of this finesse BS.

I have little faith in Campbell as an Xs and Os guy. His strength is leading a room full of men and getting them ready to fight. I think he would have more success with him as a HC surrounded by good OC and DC rather than him being with a good HC that is relying on him for OC duties.

I have little faith in Campbell as an Xs and Os guy. His strength is leading a room full of men and getting them ready to fight. I think he would have more success with him as a HC surrounded by good OC and DC rather than him being with a good HC that is relying on him for OC duties.

Maybe but I think he needs to build a scheme and take on a coordinator job if he wants to be a HC someday. I know nothing about his x's and o's acumen as I'm sure few people do outside of who he's working for but I don't think anyone can be a successful head coach without knowing O and D as well as being a leader.

Maybe but I think he needs to build a scheme and take on a coordinator job if he wants to be a HC someday. I know nothing about his x's and o's acumen as I'm sure few people do outside of who he's working for but I don't think anyone can be a successful head coach without knowing O and D as well as being a leader.

I would love to see Campbell back a part of this team somehow. You're right, it's tough to know a coach's scheme acumen from a fan's perspective, but he has said in his own presser as Interim here that was not his strong point. I have never gotten a vibe otherwise. I'm sure that aspect of his game has improved, especially working so close with Sean Payton. I am a little leery of letting him test his new OC wings here if that is what happened for some reason. But...bottom line I wish he was a part of leading our men again.

Back
Top Bottom