I wanted Denver to win but | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wanted Denver to win but

Most pissed off must be John Fox after losing a $1 million contract bonus incentive he would have earned if the Bronco's had won the game.. oh well too bad

denverloses290x160-1.png

How Welker can bother you so much is beyond me. The OP sounds like a jilted GF complaining because she didn't get a call back.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

No idea what's going on here . . .

Tiny penis syndrome.

I would have liked to see Manning get another ring, but no love for the Broncos. Plus, I think the Seahawks got shortchanged a few years ago in the Super Bowl. Also, I like Pete Carroll. So I'm good with the result.

Now, let's get the Dolphins in there next year, and if Seattle wins again I'll be totally pizzed. Funny how that would actually be better.

Sorry I don't get the welker hate. He didn't trade himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I get it either.

Sure I'm pissed that we let dude slip away for peanuts. Money talks, dude followed it. Can't blame him.

I don't think we can call the Welker thing a "trade". We tendered him at the 2nd round level so that if another team tried to sign him, they had to give us their 2nd rounder as compensation if we chose not to match the exact terms of the deal. So what happened is that Welker agreed to a "poison pill" deal, which were still allowable in those days. Basically a poison pill deal was a contract that -- if the team offering the tender, in this case us -- matches the exact terms of the deal, then there are penalties that would apply to us but not the Patriots. I don't remember what the exact terms were in the Welker deal but one common poison pill tactic was to make the entire value of the contract fully guaranteed if the player signing the deal plays at least 30% of his games in, say, the state where his original team is located.

In other words, it's a contract that's designed specifically not to get matched. Welker was trying to force his way out. There were two poison pill deals signed that year iirc (I think the other one involved the Vikings). The Dolphins protested and what the league gave us was an extra seventh round pick from the Patriots in addition to the 2nd rounder we had tendered Welker at, as well as banning poison pill provisions from future restricted free agent deals.

What's interesting is that Welker has ended his tenure from basically every team on a sour note. Well, maybe not the Chargers, who signed him as an udfa out of college. The weirdest bit of the "A Football Life" on Marty Schottenheimer was him literally "crying" about releasing Welker and calling it the "biggest mistake" he ever made in football. Kinda blew my mind.

Part of it is a quote from another post followed by his comment. The quote part did not get separated for some reason.
:up: I have a bi-polar friend and I can never understand what the heck she's talking about. Can you help?

I do believe we traded Welker away. So...

I don't recall Welker talking **** about the Phins. And so what if he does. A lot of player talk about their old teams.

Right after he was traded, he said something to the effect of longing to be on their (the patriots) sideline, to be with a winner. **** that guy, we gave him his real chance and he **** all over us F him

P.S. edited the include yes i am still bitter

Welker said he would be standing on our sidelines looking over at the Patriots and wishing he played for them. Guess I can't really blame him but still think it's corny and lame so I root against him. That SB drop he had was priceless, best moment on the 2011 season.

Back
Top Bottom