I Was Disappointed On Gase Last Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Was Disappointed On Gase Last Night

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First let me say that I support Gase. I think he has good potential as a coach but last night he missed a great opportunity that don't come very often in the pre season. Howard returned his INT to the 9 yard line. I'd probably bet that every Dolphins fan was thinking, here comes a pass from Tannehill to Gesicki. I mean, isn't that one big reason we drafted him in the 2nd round? You drafted a weapon that should be a big part of what we do on offense this year and what you hope for is a first down inside the 10 yard line so you can use that weapon. Mind you those chances don't normally come often in the pre season. Here's a great chance to practice something that you "should" be using often during the regular season and what does Gase do? He runs the ball not once but 3 times? Not even one try to Gesicki? Instead you want him to be a freaking blocker? If you want a blocker then you could have drafted one in the 4th round......oh wait, you did!!

Last night people kept telling me in the chatroom that this is just pre season. Fine. But isn't the pre season to run those plays that you really need to work on? Are we just going to wait till the regular season to "practice" this plays and see if they work? I know people are going to say to calm down and it's no big deal. All the same, you don't just waste an opportunity to work on something that needs good timing and yet he wasted that chance. But I'm still here rooting for my team and I hope we get other chances next Saturday night.

Play calling was supposed to be what he does best. I hope we start to see it soon.

Ryan dumped that pass off to Drake after getting pressured by Tunsil's guy.

Ryan dumped that pass off to Drake after getting pressured by Tunsil's guy.
  • 1st & Goal at CAR 9
    (4:21 - 1st) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to CAR 6 for 3 yards (T.Davis).

• 2nd & Goal at CAR 6
    (3:45 - 1st) (No Huddle) R.Tannehill pass short middle to K.Drake to CAR 1 for 5 yards (T.Davis; K.Short) [M.Addison]. PENALTY on MIA-L.Tunsil, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CAR 6 - No Play.

• 2nd & Goal at CAR 16
    (3:22 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on CAR-M.Addison, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at CAR 16 - No Play.

• 2nd & Goal at CAR 11
    (3:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to CAR 9 for 2 yards (C.Munnerlyn; R.Gaulden).

• 3rd & Goal at CAR 9
    (2:15 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on MIA-R.Tannehill, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at CAR 9 - No Play.

• 3rd & Goal at CAR 14
    (1:47 - 1st) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to CAR 11 for 3 yards (K.Short; T.Davis).

• 4th & Goal at CAR 11
    (1:00 - 1st) Jason Sanders 29 Yd Field Goal
Here it is. People said "all Gase does is run the ball", well here's at least one, probably two, pass plays with penalties. Watching the route, the pass RT dumped to Drake was the toss up to Gesicki, but under pressure (and a penalty to boot), that's what you get. The other was empty backfield and a delay of game.

• 1st & Goal at CAR 9
    (4:21 - 1st) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to CAR 6 for 3 yards (T.Davis).

• 2nd & Goal at CAR 6
    (3:45 - 1st) (No Huddle) R.Tannehill pass short middle to K.Drake to CAR 1 for 5 yards (T.Davis; K.Short) [M.Addison]. PENALTY on MIA-L.Tunsil, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CAR 6 - No Play.

• 2nd & Goal at CAR 16
    (3:22 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on CAR-M.Addison, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at CAR 16 - No Play.

• 2nd & Goal at CAR 11
    (3:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to CAR 9 for 2 yards (C.Munnerlyn; R.Gaulden).

• 3rd & Goal at CAR 9
    (2:15 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on MIA-R.Tannehill, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at CAR 9 - No Play.

• 3rd & Goal at CAR 14
    (1:47 - 1st) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to CAR 11 for 3 yards (K.Short; T.Davis).

• 4th & Goal at CAR 11
    (1:00 - 1st) Jason Sanders 29 Yd Field Goal
Thanks for posting that. Don't you think we had more than enough chances to at least go to him once?

Thanks for posting that. Don't you think we had more than enough chances to at least go to him once?

Tried twice I believe, both were disasters of a play. Watching every RT pass he was just taking what the defense gave him on the outside receivers. There were nearly every play a player coming across the middle or deeper route that was open or breaking free, RT was just making the quick safe throws.

I get it, I didn't watch the game but listened on Sirius, we all want to light up the scoreboard in the preseason.

I actually think this team has been trained mentally to view practice/preseason more like work than fun. I don't think that's a bad thing either. The fun will come.

They drafted Gesicki to do what he does. For him to not do that in the preseason has to be by design. Gase is 0-2 in season openers so far and he knows the value of getting off to a good start.

There is only one plan right now, beat the Titans. Miami MUST start the season 1-0.

I wouldn't worry about Mike Gesicki, that's Tennessee's problem.

Additionally, an offense without Parker and Stills is not Miami's offense.

No, not what I meant. I would take what happens in preseason games with a grain of salt. Here is an article which correlates preseason records with regular season success. They weren't able to find a strong correlation.

https://www.gamblingsites.com/blog/nfl-preseason-wins-mean-for-regular-season-36032/
I'm not worry about winning the pre season games. I just think that you're supposed to use them to work on things you'll need in the regular season and when we had the chance we didn't even try it.

I hope you guys are right. I guess time will tell.

Danny, it works both ways.

You could've easily seen a team score a few meaningless TD's then struggle in the regular season on offense.

We don't know what's going to happen. Some of us (particularly the ultra-homers like me) just believe it's going to work out because we are wired that way.

It may or may not but last night isn't a reason to change any of your opinions.

Also remember, working on our kicking game is as important to us as any team in the NFL right now.

Gase has to be in conservative mode for preseason or easing Tannehill back into action. No way we waste all this speed on short check downs.

Danny, it works both ways.

You could've easily seen a team score a few meaningless TD's then struggle in the regular season on offense.

We don't know what's going to happen. Some of us (particularly the ultra-homers like me) just believe it's going to work out because we are wired that way.

It may or may not but last night isn't a reason to change any of your opinions.

Also remember, working on our kicking game is as important to us as any team in the NFL right now.

Christ ...You'd think working on the penalty game would at least make an effort to take the red flads out of the boxes....
Last night as a reason ????? damn Man try looking at the last decade and 2 years of this dear in the headlights we call the HC wonderboy..
Thats it we need to work on our kicking game .......really ?

WE NEED AN EXPERIENCE QUALIFIED NFL HEAD COACH.....and then you'd even see the players we have on a better level..... but no another couple years of this Gase experiment..... and improving the kicking game ( Sparano would have been ecstatic...RIP)

I would think that pre-season games are for working on the "basics". Number one (1) on the basics list has got to be NO PENALTIES.
What we're seeing is a continuation of the trend that they couldn't get a handle on all of last season.
I think we have grounds to be concerned.

Back
Top Bottom