I Was Disappointed On Gase Last Night | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Was Disappointed On Gase Last Night

I’m at my wits end with the penalties. I’m so ****ing sick of the lousy discipline this team displays. That is by far my biggest concern right now.

Yes because it forces us to play behind the sticks and stops this offense from gaining any rythm. I keep thinking if they can gain rythm it will come but...

And again since the drives are or have not been quick strikes by any means you have to be clean for alot of plays per series.

The other guy that comes to mind when it comes to teams who have few penalties is B.B. Cheaters or not, they don’t get penalties in those situations. Penalties were the difference in the AFC title game last year as Jax had 10 and NE just 1. That swung the yardage by 100 or so in a game Jax otherwise outplayed NE. It’s coaching, always has been coaching and always will be coaching. If we still suck at penalties this year (which likely means more drives like the one above) - then Gase can go.
The thing I think of with the lack of discipline- and I say this with the reminder that I’m a Gase fan- is maybe he’s too buddy buddy with some of these guys. You always hear players say how Gase is ‘one of the guys’, which is great- but there’s a balance. You aren’t there to be their friend. You’re their boss. Now would be a good time to remind them of that.

Remember the 2015 preseason and those 4 game srhe offense came out guns a blazing an scored on the first drive a couple times and looked unstoppable.

What happened during that season?

There’s your answer.

Had Gore, Stills, and Parker played I might feel a bit different. They didn’t and neither did a few guys on defense. What Carolina did or didn’t so isn’t of interest to me.

If they look like poo vs Tennessee then the time will come when we go sour on them.

Personally, I would show nothing in preseason games. Work on fundamentals only.

Work everything else in practice. I wouldn't even open the actual offensive or defensive playbook for the third preseason game.

Zip.

Stay healthy and roll it all out on 9/9.

I have more confidence in Gesecki sight unseen until regular season than I do our kickers.

In preseason, field goals are good experience for the rookie kickers

First let me say that I support Gase. I think he has good potential as a coach but last night he missed a great opportunity that don't come very often in the pre season. Howard returned his INT to the 9 yard line. I'd probably bet that every Dolphins fan was thinking, here comes a pass from Tannehill to Gesicki. I mean, isn't that one big reason we drafted him in the 2nd round? You drafted a weapon that should be a big part of what we do on offense this year and what you hope for is a first down inside the 10 yard line so you can use that weapon. Mind you those chances don't normally come often in the pre season. Here's a great chance to practice something that you "should" be using often during the regular season and what does Gase do? He runs the ball not once but 3 times? Not even one try to Gesicki? Instead you want him to be a freaking blocker? If you want a blocker then you could have drafted one in the 4th round......oh wait, you did!!

Last night people kept telling me in the chatroom that this is just pre season. Fine. But isn't the pre season to run those plays that you really need to work on? Are we just going to wait till the regular season to "practice" this plays and see if they work? I know people are going to say to calm down and it's no big deal. All the same, you don't just waste an opportunity to work on something that needs good timing and yet he wasted that chance. But I'm still here rooting for my team and I hope we get other chances next Saturday night.

Play calling was supposed to be what he does best. I hope we start to see it soon.
100 percent agree, we withwr play like winners or play like an 7 or 8 win team.

So you don't think they need to practice that at all?
IMO you practice in practice, you don't tip your hand during a meaningless preseason game.

Had Gore, Stills, and Parker played I might feel a bit different. They didn’t and neither did a few guys on defense. What Carolina did or didn’t so isn’t of interest to me.

If they look like poo vs Tennessee then the time will come when we go sour on them.
I'll drink to that:D

I

I didn't have a big problem with not going to Gesicki on the goal line. No reason to show your hand right now, but he should have gotten some run in other situations.
This is what I’m saying. If gesicki heads 3 red zone tds in the preseason, he wouldn’t as big of a red zone secret going into week 1

IMO you practice in practice, you don't tip your hand during a meaningless preseason game.
Trowing a pass to your TE inside the 10 yard line is not tipping your hand bro. Every team does that. We need them to practice in real games so they can get their timing down

btw, tipping your hand would be using a trick play last night but trowing a pass to your TE is not tipping your hand at all. Tannehill and Gesicki need to get their timing down. Practice is not the same as in games.

Disagree. Throwing it to AJ Derby or Gavin Escobar on a routine fundamental play in the end zone is acceptable. Targeting your 6'6" athletic freak rookie tight end on a route out of your actual playbook is unwarranted in any preseason game.

Miami definitely needs to be working on passing in the red zone. Landry was second among all WR/TE last year with 9 TD and he is gone. Only Graham had more, 10.

To think Gase is saving Gesicki until the regular season as some sort of a surprise to not tip off other teams is ludicrous. The Dolphins need to master the execution of it.

Au contraire, use Gesicki in pre-season and give the Titans something to think about. In September, on their 9 yard line, let them key on the TE and then surprise them with the bubble screen.

Back
Top Bottom