I Was Disappointed On Gase Last Night | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Was Disappointed On Gase Last Night

Disagree. Throwing it to AJ Derby or Gavin Escobar on a routine fundamental play in the end zone is acceptable. Targeting your 6'6" athletic freak rookie tight end on a route out of your actual playbook is unwarranted in any preseason game.

Since when? Other teams are using their playbook. You think these are all brand new plays that score TDs throughout the preseason to never be seen again? Heck no.

You build confidence by doing it before the actual games. The preseason gives you the best venue to practice those types of plays. Work on it during practice and then try it during the preseason to perfect it. Who cares if another teams see you do it? They have to defend it regardless. There is no secrecy to any of this stuff. There is enough tape on Gase's offensive scheme that any smart defensive coach has a good idea of what it entails.

Sick of these field goals and weak mindset. This team needs a killer instinct and I'm not comfortable at all with getting into the redzone and not scoring TDs. That becomes a bad trend. It gets in your players' heads.

Trowing a pass to your TE inside the 10 yard line is not tipping your hand bro. Every team does that. We need them to practice in real games so they can get their timing down
Neither is running it in on short yardage. If that's not working, this is your chance to work on it. You don't want to wait for the season to start before you can rely on runs in the red zone.

Neither is running it in on short yardage. If that's not working, this is your chance to work on it. You don't want to wait for the season to start before you can rely on runs in the red zone.
Right. That's all I'm saying. If Gesicki and Tannehill had been playing together for a few years then that's one thing but they haven't even played a regular season game together yet. You have to work on it and waiting till the season starts is not the way to go but I hope I'm wrong and find out that they didn't even need to practice at all.

It's football. It's not line they are reinventing the wheel here. Save a generic pass play to your new 2nd rd TE for opening week or else other teams might know?

i agree with everyone who says the penalties must stop...this goes all the way back to the philbin era...how do we get so many presnap penalties? idk but its insane...

My "not so bold prediction" this year is we see more of the same. Start the first half too slow on offense. Screen passes for days with wilson and amendola, only to get us a yard or two. Penalties will continue to be drive killers and Gase will talk about it after the game but for some reason the penalties will continue to hurt us all season. Gase will make adjustments on offense but not until halfway thru the 3rd quarter just in time to fall short at the end of the game and finish the season with 8-8 record. And half the organization and fan base will still be undecided about Gase and Tannehill. So we do this again next year too, yay!

This is what our offense looks like when we don't trot out parker or Stills to help push vertically.

But yet Wilson and Grant are sub-4.4 guys.

The not pushing downfield is symptomatic of something else. Parker and Stills have been here awhile and the downfield game has been relatively poor.

Personally, I would show nothing in preseason games. Work on fundamentals only.

Work everything else in practice. I wouldn't even open the actual offensive or defensive playbook for the third preseason game.

Zip.

Stay healthy and roll it all out on 9/9.
This is most likely what they are doing.

Sneak up on people on Sept. 9th.

But yet Wilson and Grant are sub-4.4 guys.

The not pushing downfield is symptomatic of something else. Parker and Stills have been here awhile and the downfield game has been relatively poor.

Ah in 2016 we were 2nd in the NFL to the Atlanta Falcons in plays over 40 yards. However we should base all of our judgements on the 2018 preseason everything else is thrown out. Makes sense.

Gase and Ryan have made big plays together. It’s not like it’s never happened. Many were to Parker and Stills who are still here. Why would that go away? I don’t get the base everything on the last thing we see way of thinking when history in real NFL games tells us otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom