"I would be mad about the trade we made if _____ were there at #8" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I would be mad about the trade we made if _____ were there at #8"

If we had been in a position to draft Ramsey or Tunsil, different story. (Bosa not so much due to my fear of injury given his genes, Jack not so much due to increased risk with knee history). We weren't in that position. To get to that position it would have taken 2 first round picks in trade. Too rich for my blood.
8th is high enough to give you flexibility and one of the 4 players I mention will drop to 8. If it's Bosa and/or Jack then injury risk or not it was absurd to give a shot of that up, particularly for a player coming off 2 consecutive major injuries that have kept him from being an effective player in this league for 3 years.

Bosa won't last more than 3 years in this league. He has a smaller frame than his father, who was injury prone himself. His body will not last in the NFL. I would not draft him before round 2, so he is irrelevant to me. Jack may still be on the board at 13, and if they love him that much despite the knee risk, they can always move up to get him. I wouldn't. I stand pat and take either Conklin or a CB at 13.

If I take out all of my savings and put it on 13 at a roulette table, it doesn't suddenly become a good idea when I win. There will be some redeeming quality if Jack or Hargreaves somehow slide to us, but it certainly doesn't make it a good trade in hindsight.

Someone will be there at 8 and gone by 13 to piss me off ... fully expected at this point. Hargreaves the most likely and biggest loss

Without the trade the Eagles probably wouldn't have been able to move up to 2 so it would have worked out completely different anyway. Someone else might have jumped to 2 or 3 or ahead of Miami anyway so I'm not really worrying about it. We filled 2 needs with LB and CB now need to get bpa.

I'll trash talk Tannenbaum with the rest of you when we miss out on somebody elite because of his boneheaded trade... but mad? Nah. Dolphins aren't going to win a thing until that bum is out of here. The more obvious blunders he makes, the better. Maybe then Ross won't give him a decade to ruin the team.

What happens if Maxwell and Alonzo both play at a Pro Bowl level and Miami still gets Elliot at 13. What will you all complain about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens if Maxwell and Alonzo both play at a Pro Bowl level and Miami still gets Elliot at 13. What will you all complain about?

Won't be necessary. Elliott will be doing enough of that - to the media no less if the past is any indication of future actions - for all of us if we're dense enough to draft him at 13. Creating a hole by letting miller walk then using our first to fill the hole that shouldn't have existed in the first place ... with a freaking running back no less ... with strokes of genius like this we'll be contenders in no time ...

When you look at the percentages moving down 5 spots wasn't end of the world, think there will be a load of trades in the first round so who knows how things will play out.

Won't be necessary. Elliott will be doing enough of that - to the media no less if the past is any indication of future actions - for all of us if we're dense enough to draft him at 13. Creating a hole by letting miller walk then using our first to fill the hole that shouldn't have existed in the first place ... with a freaking running back no less ... with strokes of genius like this we'll be contenders in no time ...

I think you answered his question

Tannenbaum's new 10 year extension that Ross will surely give him.

Back
Top Bottom