I would have rather had steve mcnair!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would have rather had steve mcnair!!!!

finsgonewild said:
I am happy to finally have a good quarterback for the dolphins however I think that we should have gotten steven mcnair instead. we would have only had to have given up a 4th round pick to get him. That is a very good price considering the calibur of player he is. We had to give up a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who I am not sure is that much better than mcnair. It would have helped our team alot if we were able to have that pick this year. This has been the only real move that I dont agree with Saban with. Culpepper is a great quarterback but Mcnair is on the same level as he is. I know I may be in the minority for saying this. It just seems the dolphins did not get good value with this trade.
not only is yur age showing so is his lmao:sidelol:

Colorado Dolfan said:
Very true on that. McNair is a warrior. He's just too old and fragile. :(

Agreed.

I just have respect for the men that play the game the right way.

I love DC over McNair every day and twice on Sunday.......

I just won't stand still for the warriors of the game disrespected.

culpep is 10 times the " current" qb McNair is. dude is 34, and injury prone. at best he'll play for balt for 2 years.. then boller (lol what a joke) will take over..

phinswin said:
ONE WORD for you ..... AGE

Age and if Culpepper is an injury risk w hat about Mcnair. He is the most injured starter in the league the last 7 years.

I will do my best to remember this post, say about, mid season. Then I will revive it and feed you a few choice words from McNair's bed pan!

Miamifin23 said:
And you would have seen why the Fins would have never gotten to a superbowl with McNair. We have our best chance to get deep into the playoffs with Culpepper. He's been in the playoffs before and been in some tough games and has won on the road in the playoffs, (Green Bay a couple of years ago). If he can come back into form we will have a top 5 QB in the NFL, and maybe even top 3. He's got more weapons here in Miami than he did in Minnesota so he might even be better. McNair would have been taking a step back, and don't worry about the 2nd round pick, you tell me what 2nd round pick in last years draft that is already a pro bowl calibur player.

Lofa Tatupu.

Seahawks. 2005 2nd round pick and 2005 Pro Bowler as an injury replacement.

Not that I entirely disagree with you, but...you know, since you went there....

ralexand said:
Someone should ask the Ravens board which qb they would rather have Daunte or McNair.
I think the guy who started this thread came from the Ravens board...it's an obvious case of blind loyalty or just plain stupidity. :sidelol:

The Goat said:
Lofa Tatupu.

Seahawks. 2005 2nd round pick and 2005 Pro Bowler as an injury replacement.

Not that I entirely disagree with you, but...you know, since you went there....

Somehow I don't think the 2nd round pick we gave up for Daunte will ever be more valuable that Culpepper himself. Minnesota used our 2nd round pick to draft Ryan Cook, a 6'6 328 lbs. center from New Mexico. Most draft experts think he's not a good enough knee bender and quick enough to play center. Some draft guides said he could have been drafted much lower. I'll take Daunte.

footballer said:
culpep is 10 times the " current" qb McNair is. dude is 34, and injury prone. at best he'll play for balt for 2 years.. then boller (lol what a joke) will take over..

I think Boller will be in the Arena League by then, if not sooner.

c.pep was the rite pick and he will prove it this year we are soooooooo lucky to get this guy he is the qb of the future and a great one too....

Back
Top Bottom