I would have rather had steve mcnair!!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would have rather had steve mcnair!!!!

endorPHINS72 said:
LOL...

He's up there with such prominent movements as "People for the Ethical Treatment of Electrified Fences" and the "People's Movement for a Free Atlantis".

Touche

when the last time any team got one of the highest rated quartebacks ever for a second round draft pick....are you seroius????? Mcnair may not even pass this physical and if he does he is leaving after one maybe two years....i like Mcnair too but pepper will be with us for a while....if you look at it from a draft perspective jason allen may not be with us as long as Cpepp

finsgonewild said:
I am happy to finally have a good quarterback for the dolphins however I think that we should have gotten steven mcnair instead. we would have only had to have given up a 4th round pick to get him. That is a very good price considering the calibur of player he is. We had to give up a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who I am not sure is that much better than mcnair. It would have helped our team alot if we were able to have that pick this year. This has been the only real move that I dont agree with Saban with. Culpepper is a great quarterback but Mcnair is on the same level as he is. I know I may be in the minority for saying this. It just seems the dolphins did not get good value with this trade.
He's not even a "Has been" he's a "Never was". And never will be.:lol:

IBleedAqua said:
He's not even a "Has been" he's a "Never was". And never will be.:lol:

McNair? The one that has been to the Superbowl and is a total warrior at the position?

I think "Never was" is an unjust characterization.

finsgonewild said:
I am happy to finally have a good quarterback for the dolphins however I think that we should have gotten steven mcnair instead. we would have only had to have given up a 4th round pick to get him. That is a very good price considering the calibur of player he is. We had to give up a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who I am not sure is that much better than mcnair. It would have helped our team alot if we were able to have that pick this year. This has been the only real move that I dont agree with Saban with. Culpepper is a great quarterback but Mcnair is on the same level as he is. I know I may be in the minority for saying this. It just seems the dolphins did not get good value with this trade.
I seriously hope you are kidding

I don't know but Mcnair looked completely lost when he played the dolphins last year. I remember thinking how he looked like he was running on fumes

I can't believe the way some people think.
I'll be waiting for the "I would have rather have Kerry Collins" thread as soon as he is signed by another team. That's if he's signed at all. He won't cost any draft picks, being a free agent. He's just as good as McNair taken the Giants to the SuperBowl a few years ago.

finsgonewild said:
I am glad for you, but I dont care what You want. Its all stupid, wasteful hindsight

I hope you are not serious about wanting McNair over DC? :confused:

GoonBoss said:
McNair? The one that has been to the Superbowl and is a total warrior at the position?

I think "Never was" is an unjust characterization.

Very true on that. McNair is a warrior. He's just too old and fragile. :(

finsgonewild said:

Wow...I'm absolutely speechless.

McNair was at one time the best quarterback in the league. There are two things about your argument that I disagree with. One, Culpepper is 29, McNair is 32. While that may not seem like alot, McNair has endured much more than Daunte. Two, at this point in both of their careers, Daunte is on a whole 'nother level. Daunte is more athletic, more durrable(once the knee is healed) and his acuracy and arm strength are leagues above McNair's.

McNair was a great QB in his prime. He probably has a few decent years left, but the best is behind him. Daunte Culpepper has a legitimate chance to have a great 5 or 6 more years if he stays healthy. Maybe he'll even have another 2004...I would take anything close to a repeat of that performance.

Back
Top Bottom