Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Like it or not, these are conversations we need to have. The Draft class of QBs is not impressive and with the recent comment from Ross "The new HC will decide what to do at the QB position" its something we should at least be thinking about.

Wilson 25-tds 6-ints 103.1 Passer Rating

Jimmy G 20-tds 12-ints 98.7 Passer Rating

If we get McMichael as HC I think the Jimmy G possibility goes up a little.

Both QBs will require a trade to get them here which is an obvious down side.

Looking at impending
Free agents the only interesting QB to me is
Jamis Winston 14 TDs 3 INTs 102.8 passer rating ... he only played 7 games.

Tuas #s in 13 games - 16 tds 10 ints 90.1 passer rating

I really don't think this is a conversation we need to have.

Tua gets next year. Build around him. Build a line, get a RB upgrade or WRS.

If he flops, we have 2 1sts in 2023 and a team that is better built were you could argue we are a QB away from truly competing.

Trading for anyone, at this point, hinders that IMO.

If we do trade for a QB, it needs to be for a clear and obvious upgrade. Not a Jimmy G, Cousins etc. It needs to be for an Aaron Rodgers type

If he flops, we have 2 1sts in 2023 and a team that is better built were you could argue we are a QB away from truly competing.

If we do trade for a QB, it needs to be for a clear and obvious upgrade. Not a Jimmy G, Cousins etc. It needs to be for an Aaron Rodgers type

I'm on the fence. It really would depend what those teams want for Jimmy or Cousins, if ots a first they can shove the offer back where it came from.

If it was like...a 2nd and a late pick? I'd leave that on the new HC and not care either way. Though I'd want it to be a pick in next year's draft.

My initial reaction to both was a hard NO but the more I think about it the more I see both as brief upgrades that could help us make a playoff push.

Agree but even Rodgers would not be successful behind this line.

I can hear Sean Payton licking his chops over the possibility of having Russell Wilson behind center.

I'd also look for Pittsburgh to be active in the veteran QB market.

Us? Stick with Tua and draft a prospect in the middle rounds.

Agree but even Rodgers would not be successful behind this line.

When people say things like this I face palm.

One of our biggest offensive issues was leadership. A QB that can accurately predict a defense and get his offense set accordingly would absolutely have been successful, or rather more successful.

He wouldn't play to his top potential, but it would still be worlds better than we saw in every aspect.

Just ftr its not even anti Tua. Rodgers is one of the few QB who are just on another level, and at that level you provide extra benefits to your entire offense.

Last edited:
Wilson is the best qb out there but cost and age are things to think about. Excluding Rodgers.

The defense is good but we will need some hits along the offensive line and more talent at the skill positions. We have the cap but if they trade for Wilson they'll be lighter on draft picks.

At this stage just stick with Tua and have no drama for a year. See where that goes. Revisit in 2023

One of our biggest offensive issues was leadership. A QB that can accurately predict a defense and get his offense set accordingly would absolutely have been successful, or rather more successful.

He wouldn't play to his top potential, but it would still be worlds better than we saw in every aspect.

Just ftr its not even anti Tua. Rodgers is one of the few QB who are just on another level, and at that level you provide extra benefits to your entire offense.
What exactly are you arguing here brother?

That a 15 year vet has an advantage over a first year player?

Lol, you don't need a HOF QB to demonstrate that. Fitz was far better equipped to play with a bunch of incompetent players, but that doesn't mean he was going anywhere with it.

I don't care how many times you reset an offensive line ranked 32nd bad is bad.

What exactly are you arguing here brother?

That a 15 year vet has an advantage over a first year player?

Lol, you don't need a HOF QB to demonstrate that. Fitz was far better equipped to play with a bunch of incompetent players, but that doesn't mean he was going anywhere with it.

Not so much arguing. I just don't see how someone can say an all time great wouldn't be good here or succeed.

Like I said, not even about Tua. Rodgers could go to 30 teams and make them better.

Back
Top Bottom