Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
Why do people keep supporting delusional stuff like this. We just fired our coach because he didn't support Tua. Clearly this organization has not given up on him yet, nor should they.

Build around him, get OL, RB and WR help...and look to the 2023 draft if Tua doesn't progress. It's really that simple.
Their dislike for Tua drives these posts nothing else. Carr to Miami, Wilson to Miami, Jimmy G to Miami.

Anything to continually knock Tua.

When people say things like this I face palm.

One of our biggest offensive issues was leadership. A QB that can accurately predict a defense and get his offense set accordingly would absolutely have been successful, or rather more successful.

He wouldn't play to his top potential, but it would still be worlds better than we saw in every aspect.

Just ftr its not even anti Tua. Rodgers is one of the few QB who are just on another level, and at that level you provide extra benefits to your entire offense.
I disagree with you entirely. There is only so much a QB can do to offset the lack of talent on a line. We might have been slightly better but not by much. Your basically saying that having rogers would increase the time he has to throw the ball. Having Rogers still means we would operate a short passing attack and if Tua was missing the throws, I would agree that we would be vastly better with Rogers but thats not the case. Tua got the ball into his playmakers hands yet none of them were able to get many YAC yards.

Why do people keep supporting delusional stuff like this. We just fired our coach because he didn't support Tua. Clearly this organization has not given up on him yet, nor should they.

Build around him, get OL, RB and WR help...and look to the 2023 draft if Tua doesn't progress. It's really that simple.
My theory is that football is complicated and most casual fans don’t have any interest in actually understanding it, so they obsess over QBs as a shorthand for offense.

Doing what you say—fixing the OL, RB, WRs—and what you don’t say—fixing the scheme and playcalling—is boring and complicated. A casual fan has no interest whatsoever in the difference between Jesse Davis and Morgan Moses. Nor can they even decipher that difference.

But everyone can recognize the difference between a 300 yard passer vs. a guy struggling to find open men and getting sacked. The casual fan has no idea what’s causing the 300 yards passing vs. the guy running for his life and struggling to complete passes, but they’re like “hey, we need the 300 yard passing guy!” as if we’d also throw for 300 yards every game if we had him.

This will blow a lot of folks’ minds, but the Dolphins have been terrible on offense for 20 years not really because of our QBs. The common thread is bad OL play and bad WRs. We’ve actually had pretty decent QB play for the last decade-plus, from Pennington to now.

Like it or not, these are conversations we need to have. The Draft class of QBs is not impressive and with the recent comment from Ross "The new HC will decide what to do at the QB position" its something we should at least be thinking about.

Wilson 25-tds 6-ints 103.1 Passer Rating

Jimmy G 20-tds 12-ints 98.7 Passer Rating

If we get McMichael as HC I think the Jimmy G possibility goes up a little.

Both QBs will require a trade to get them here which is an obvious down side.

Looking at impending
Free agents the only interesting QB to me is
Jamis Winston 14 TDs 3 INTs 102.8 passer rating ... he only played 7 games.

Tuas #s in 13 games - 16 tds 10 ints 90.1 passer rating
No....no they really aren't.

Don't know about 30 but yes, better.

Thing is, if it isn't "championship contender" better immediately, what would be the point? How many more seasons is AR likely to play? Will there be substantial fall off (Brady is the ultimate outlier). Is AR's percieved, shall we say, quirkiness as bad as it appears at times. I mean he could just get fed up one day and say screw it.

I guess my point is "succeed" is subjective. To me, deep playoff runs, with a legitimate chance at a championship is my goal, and I doubt AR is around that long.

That's fair enough.

To me successful just means your individual play is acceptable when talking about a player and I absolutely believe a QB like Rodgers or Brady would be individually successful here, even if like i said it wasn't to their max potential.

I disagree with you entirely. There is only so much a QB can do to offset the lack of talent on a line. We might have been slightly better but not by much. Your basically saying that having rogers would increase the time he has to throw the ball. Having Rogers still means we would operate a short passing attack and if Tua was missing the throws, I would agree that we would be vastly better with Rogers but thats not the case. Tua got the ball into his playmakers hands yet none of them were able to get many YAC yards.
That's not entirely true. With Tua behind center and a bad OL, the defense know's it's a short passing attack with nearly no run game with one or two deeper attempts a game. This makes a struggling OL look even worse, because there is zero threat on offense. Bringing in a QB like Rogers would actually help, because he is a rollout intermediate to deep ball threat every single down. He forces defenses to protect the entire field every single down. The OL's lack of skill would definitely still slow the offense down and limit this team, but I guarantee Rogers I sees significant improvement and productivity from the offense with the same players.

Still, the only QB's I would be interested in are Rogers or Wilson. Tua can be more than he has and should at least have another year to show it unless the options above are available.

My theory is that football is complicated and most casual fans don’t have any interest in actually understanding it, so they obsess over QBs as a shorthand for offense.

Doing what you say—fixing the OL, RB, WRs—and what you don’t say—fixing the scheme and playcalling—is boring and complicated. A casual fan has no interest whatsoever in the difference between Jesse Davis and Morgan Moses. Nor can they even decipher that difference.

But everyone can recognize the difference between a 300 yard passer vs. a guy struggling to find open men and getting sacked. The casual fan has no idea what’s causing the 300 yards passing vs. the guy running for his life and struggling to complete passes, but they’re like “hey, we need the 300 yard passing guy!” as if we’d also throw for 300 yards every game if we had him.

This will blow a lot of folks’ minds, but the Dolphins have been terrible on offense for 20 years not really because of our QBs. The common thread is bad OL play and bad WRs. We’ve actually had pretty decent QB play for the last decade-plus, from Pennington to now.
You would think that after seeing what Tannehill has done since leaving, it would be easy to recognize where the real issues are. Yet here we are again.

I agree with the others ... this isn't a conversation that needs to be had. It's just a conversation some people want to invent.

Having conveyed that, it's beyond hypocritical and ludicrous for anybody to bring up Jimmy G's name.

The dude is going to be 31 yo next season, has never been anything special and is injured ALL the time.

I mean, the naysayers that are overly concerned about Tua's health should be steadfast against Garoppolo as he makes Tua look like a Cal Ripken Jr. level iron man by comparison.

I'm sorry, but surround Tua Tagovailoa with the Niners rush attack, George Kittle, Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk and he so outperforms Jimmy G every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Drugs are BAD!

Like it or not, these are conversations we need to have. The Draft class of QBs is not impressive and with the recent comment from Ross "The new HC will decide what to do at the QB position" its something we should at least be thinking about.

Wilson 25-tds 6-ints 103.1 Passer Rating

If we get McMichael as HC I think the Jimmy G possibility goes up a little.

Both QBs will require a trade to get them here which is an obvious down side.

Looking at impending
Free agents the only interesting QB to me is
Jamis Winston 14 TDs 3 INTs 102.8 passer rating ... he only played 7 games.

Tuas #s in 13 games - 16 tds 10 ints 90.1 passer rating
I’m not sure why you think we need to have this conversation. It has already been reported that the Dolphins are planning to build around Tua.

Wilson just stated last week that he wants to remain in Seattle and even if he does end up being traded, I just don’t see him being traded to the Dolphins. He has been upset for the last few years in Seattle with the lack of protection and his inability to have more input into the Seahawks offense.

I doubt he would have any interest in coming to a team with a new HC and with the worst OL in the entire league.

Jimmy G is an injury waiting to happen. He has been constantly injured playing behind a good 49ers OL. In fact the reason the 49ers moved up to draft a QB in the first round of last years draft was they were concerned with his ability to play an entire season because of his injury history.

With his injury history and his large salary, I don’t see the Dolphins having any interest in trading for Jimmy G.

Unless the Dolphins are going to somehow trade for Sean Payton to be their next HC. I have zero interest in Winston being a QB on the Dolphins. Payton is the one HC who has been able to make a good QB out of Winston but there isn’t another Payton out there.

In fact I think Tua would be a top 10 QB under Payton. So even if the Dolphins could trade for Payton, they would be better off with Tua at QB than Winston.

This gets my vote for top post in this thread.

Well done my friend. We need more of stuff like this and less of the unsubstantiated garbage.

Jimmy throws horrible interceptions at some of the worst times in a game. I can't get on board with him as a top level guy that can win it. I'll pass on trading for Russell, as a FA I would have interest.

This is too easy for any new Coach, set the offense up to be successful with all of our cap space (2 starting OL, 1-2 starting WR's). Let Tua have the entire year to prove himself to the new coach. If he is successful then great, let's go win one. If he flops or is so-so the new coach has two 1st rounds picks to get his guy! Win-win.

Why couldn't we trade Tua for a 2nd round pick (that's probably the best we could get), and go all in on Wilson and upgrade the line through free-agency and the draft?

I'm not a Tua hater, but I think he will be a competent game manager in the end. I actually think Tanehill ends up being a better pro QB. Unless Tua makes a huge leap next year we are doomed with mediocrity for the next 3-5 years.

Back
Top Bottom