Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
Like it or not, these are conversations we need to have. The Draft class of QBs is not impressive and with the recent comment from Ross "The new HC will decide what to do at the QB position" its something we should at least be thinking about.

Wilson 25-tds 6-ints 103.1 Passer Rating

Jimmy G 20-tds 12-ints 98.7 Passer Rating

If we get McMichael as HC I think the Jimmy G possibility goes up a little.

Both QBs will require a trade to get them here which is an obvious down side.

Looking at impending
Free agents the only interesting QB to me is
Jamis Winston 14 TDs 3 INTs 102.8 passer rating ... he only played 7 games.

Tuas #s in 13 games - 16 tds 10 ints 90.1 passer rating

Hilarious post & an awful lot of fanciful speculation here.

Anyone ever took a step back & looked at it from Wilson or even McMichael's point of view?

I would be extremely surprised if any of these two would contemplate joining the Dolphins. This isn't the Shula era & we're a joke of a franchise for a good decade now.

Wilson wants to win another Superbowl ring & we're far away from this mountain & there are plenty of other teams who are further down the line for success then we are. If McMichael is smart (which his education seems to suggest) he would wait for a team that is already set up for his strengths (a power running game) in which he can build upon rather than start from scratch & face an uphill battle from the beginning.

Agree with most of the posters here & with once again deep regret we will need to go through another transition phase which means sticking with Tua & using the picks & time to rebuild our multiple holes. I think you really only dive in for a Russell or Rodgers QB when your franchise is close enough as a Superbowl contender i.e. like the Rams have conducted their FA business.

Not so much arguing. I just don't see how someone can say an all time great wouldn't be good here or succeed.

Like I said, not even about Tua. Rodgers could go to 30 teams and make them better.
Don't know about 30 but yes, better.

Thing is, if it isn't "championship contender" better immediately, what would be the point? How many more seasons is AR likely to play? Will there be substantial fall off (Brady is the ultimate outlier). Is AR's percieved, shall we say, quirkiness as bad as it appears at times. I mean he could just get fed up one day and say screw it.

I guess my point is "succeed" is subjective. To me, deep playoff runs, with a legitimate chance at a championship is my goal, and I doubt AR is around that long.

I really don't think this is a conversation we need to have.

Tua gets next year. Build around him. Build a line, get a RB upgrade or WRS.

If he flops, we have 2 1sts in 2023 and a team that is better built were you could argue we are a QB away from truly competing.

Trading for anyone, at this point, hinders that IMO.

I like the four sentences you wrote here very much, but deleted the 5th one. No need to acquire a veteran QB here, even Aaron Rodgers.

With that list I stick with Tua ... depending on the direction the team takes Jimmy G could be an option (with competition at the position) but, for me, no thanks to a QB in his mid 30's to take over a team that needs an identity.

Not interested. We need to stay young from the QB position whether it’s Tua or someone else. We need to step up as an organization for once and for all and get this OLine and QB crap corrected. This front office needs to be challenged

Give Tua another year. None of the guys mentioned excite me, with the possible exception of Wilson (who isn't as good lately as he was early career), they are game manager types. I don't think you spend draft picks on a QB like that unless the rest of your team is stacked, and you absolutely can't get a dynamic QB.

IF San Fran moves on from Jimmy G this offseason. Another team and coach that has identified they would rather go with the current leader developed BUT Much higher ceiling over a more polished QB that can get you in the playoffs.

Why do people keep supporting delusional stuff like this. We just fired our coach because he didn't support Tua. Clearly this organization has not given up on him yet, nor should they.

Build around him, get OL, RB and WR help...and look to the 2023 draft if Tua doesn't progress. It's really that simple.

Back
Top Bottom