Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
Just out of curiosity, how many years do you think Garoppolo and Rodgers sat on the bench before starting in the NFL?

Yall would have traded those guys off the Fins before they even got a start, now you want them?

FFS listen to yourselves.

Rodgers would make Miami dolphins great again..
Yes we would make playoff w Aaron Rodger..win playoff game too.. GB without Rodgers is 6-11 teams at best..
Rogers has 1 SB win as the starting QB of the Packers and that was 11 years ago. The Packers have had far superior talent to the Dolphins in all the years Rogers has been in Green Bay. He has been an excellent regular season QB but has come up short in the playoffs every year but one.

There is no doubt Rogers would make the Dolphins a better team but the Dolphins have far too many holes on their roster to be great, even with Rogers at QB.

The Dolphins would still be behind the Bills, Chiefs, Titans, and Bengals with Rogers as their QB. I’m not sure how any team could be considered great if there are at least 4 teams in the AFC who are better than they are.

Last edited:
Why couldn't we trade Tua for a 2nd round pick (that's probably the best we could get), and go all in on Wilson and upgrade the line through free-agency and the draft?

I'm not a Tua hater, but I think he will be a competent game manager in the end. I actually think Tanehill ends up being a better pro QB. Unless Tua makes a huge leap next year we are doomed with mediocrity for the next 3-5 years.
I think Tua is way better then Tannehill was at this point in his career. He is more accurate, quicker release and has better pocket awareness. He really has a high ceiling.

I don't feel that Tua is off limits. He showed a lot of improvement but he's still not where most of us want him to be after year two. Sure, the Tua fans go straight to their cabinet of reasons but at the end of the day, Tua just didn't erase all questions. While it was just one game, that Tennessee game was a big opportunity for him and he whiffed it. So, for me, explore all options. Tua is better than some but not better than others. If we can improve the position we should.

That's fair enough.

To me successful just means your individual play is acceptable when talking about a player and I absolutely believe a QB like Rodgers or Brady would be individually successful here, even if like i said it wasn't to their max potential.
Looking at the Fins offense as a whole, if you need one of the top 2 QBs from the last 2 decades to make it work, you ****ed up pretty much every other spot on offense...

I think Tua is way better then Tannehill was at this point in his career. He is more accurate, quicker release and has better pocket awareness. He really has a high ceiling.
He's better than Tannehill after two years. Tannehill was not even trusted enough to be able to change the call at the LOS after two years. Not the best comparison.

Roll with Tua as the starter for another year, but we need to get a quality backup in here. Mariota or even Foles would be nice.

Rogers has 1 SB win as the starting QB of the Packers and that was 11 years ago. The Packers have had far superior talent to the Dolphins in all the years Rogers has been in Green Bay. He has been an excellent regular season QB but has come up short in the playoffs every year but one.

There is no doubt Rogers would make the Dolphins a better team but they Dolphins have far too many holes on their roster to be great, even with Rogers at QB.

The Dolphins would still be behind the Bills, Chiefs, Titans, and Bengals with Rogers as their QB. I’m not sure how any team could be considered great if there are at least 4 teams in the AFC who are better than they are.
I dont see us getting Rodger but if we get him it would be great for dolphins..we would have chance in playoff..who knew what can happen..it better than what we got now. If new coach want Tua it find... it up too him..if not we got other qb that are available that would work too..we have not win playoff game 32 yr..

Admittedly not a Tua fan, but Id keep him over anyone on that list. None of those excite me at all and Id rather keep continuity and see what everyone here is talking about with Tua being great with an OL, WR, and a RB. I still think we wont snooff the SB with Tua no matter who we get to block and catch, but those QBs are overrated and/or too expensive.

I was in love with Watson, not just for his ability, but his age and his career being in prime. That ship has sailed it seems. Just be ready to draft a QB high in '23.

I don't feel that Tua is off limits. He showed a lot of improvement but he's still not where most of us want him to be after year two. Sure, the Tua fans go straight to their cabinet of reasons but at the end of the day, Tua just didn't erase all questions. While it was just one game, that Tennessee game was a big opportunity for him and he whiffed it. So, for me, explore all options. Tua is better than some but not better than others. If we can improve the position we should.
LOL, your missing the point. We had Tannehill for 6 years and because we were unable to build an offense around him, we were unable to evaulate him properly. Also, before Tannehill went to Tennesee, they sucked and had Henry for a while before Tannehill took over and everything changed for them.

Looking at the Fins offense as a whole, if you need one of the top 2 QBs from the last 2 decades to make it work, you ****ed up pretty much every other spot on offense...

Not saying we need that to make it work going forward, just saying noonce can convince me that we don't win 2-3 more games if that were the case.

There is no doubt Rogers would make the Dolphins a better team but they Dolphins have far too many holes on their roster to be great, even with Rogers at QB.

Aaron Rodgers is actually the best example how much of a "team" game the sport of football really is. Which the masses don't seem to grasp because the media presents the NFL as single's tennis wherein the QB wins trophies and not teams/orgs.

Rodgers has arguably been the very best QB for much of the past 10-12 years and routinely does ALL the special things most here long to see. Yet, as you pointed out, he's only been part of one SB winning team. He's missed the postseason a couple times and lost in early rounds numerous times.

The reasons have been plentiful. Sometimes he's not had much offensive help. No run game. Poor pass blocking. And often the Pack's defense hasn't been very good.

Rodgers is the Dan Marino of his era (which Peyton Manning was before him) except that his team was able to muster up the right team at least once.

Transplant Rodgers in NE instead of Brady all those years and the Cheatriots still win quite a few championships. Maybe even more than they did with TB, who knows.

Circling back to the point, if arguably the best or 2nd best QB of the past dozen years has underachieved due to surrounding personnel and coaching -- it just goes to show how much more involved this game is beyond just obtaining the right QB.

The older crowd here at FH saw that up and close and personal during the Marino years.

Back
Top Bottom