Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
My theory is that football is complicated and most casual fans don’t have any interest in actually understanding it, so they obsess over QBs as a shorthand for offense.

Doing what you say—fixing the OL, RB, WRs—and what you don’t say—fixing the scheme and playcalling—is boring and complicated. A casual fan has no interest whatsoever in the difference between Jesse Davis and Morgan Moses. Nor can they even decipher that difference.

But everyone can recognize the difference between a 300 yard passer vs. a guy struggling to find open men and getting sacked. The casual fan has no idea what’s causing the 300 yards passing vs. the guy running for his life and struggling to complete passes, but they’re like “hey, we need the 300 yard passing guy!” as if we’d also throw for 300 yards every game if we had him.

This will blow a lot of folks’ minds, but the Dolphins have been terrible on offense for 20 years not really because of our QBs. The common thread is bad OL play and bad WRs. We’ve actually had pretty decent QB play for the last decade-plus, from Pennington to now.
A 300 yard passer equals 3or4 touchdowns, I’ll take that.

I'm on the fence. It really would depend what those teams want for Jimmy or Cousins, if ots a first they can shove the offer back where it came from.

If it was like...a 2nd and a late pick? I'd leave that on the new HC and not care either way. Though I'd want it to be a pick in next year's draft.

My initial reaction to both was a hard NO but the more I think about it the more I see both as brief upgrades that could help us make a playoff push.
If it's Russell Wilson, it's a hard yes for me. Trade Tua and picks. A franchise QB, that still has plenty of good years in front of him, is too hard to pass up.

Just out of curiosity, how many years do you think Garoppolo and Rodgers sat on the bench before starting in the NFL?

Yall would have traded those guys off the Fins before they even got a start, now you want them?

FFS listen to yourselves.
They had HOF in front of them, 🙄

Ok, lets settle this argument with an easy analogy that all Dolphins fans will understand. When we had Dan Marino we were always competitive and in the playoffs. A perennial contender every year. Why do you think that was? Because we had on of the greatest QB's in the history of the game? Or we had good offensive lines, and defenses, and RB's?

Great players have that mojo to make you relevant. Does that mean you are going to win the Super Bowl every year? No, but you will be relevant. I just want to be relevant again and have a fighting chance. If Aaron Rodgers was here, you know damn well that other free agents would want to come here. That's a fact.

I can't believe you guys can't see how important having a difference maker in the most important position on the field could make us instant contenders.

Tua has shown nothing in the las two years to garner all this confidence. When Brisket was in, he was terrible. When Tua came in we played better, but there was still games where I was like, can you make one damn good throw so we can win this game. There was the end of one game where we literally had 7 downs to score and Tua failed on everyone. (and some were piss poor throws) He shat the bed against the Titans, a shell of a pro QB.

That's why I'm saying he needs to improve by orders of degrees. I'm not sure you can make that argument with any degree of certainty.

Right, guys they could learn from. Who did Tua have? Brissett? lmfao.
He had a head coach who wanted him gone. If Tua had played instead of Brissett, we would have probably made the playoffs (we would have lost but it would have been nice).

He had a head coach who wanted him gone. If Tua had played instead of Brissett, we would have probably made the playoffs (we would have lost but it would have been nice).
Tua was thrust into the lineup before he was fully healthy/ready last season.

Then this year, he was placed behind the worst oline in the nfl in at least 16 years, with no running game, limited weapons, and some kind of unheralded 2 headed OC.

The kid has been set up to fail. Lets give him a damn shot.

Tua was thrust into the lineup before he was fully healthy/ready last season.

Then this year, he was placed behind the worst oline in the nfl in at least 16 years, with no running game, limited weapons, and some kind of unheralded 2 headed OC.

The kid has been set up to fail. Lets give him a damn shot.
agreed

I consider the Dolphins 2021 OL play to be middle of the pack NFL. Remember, the team won 8 of its last 9 games and that does not happen without effective OL play.

This is us getting punked yet again…

ha ha ha

Ok you got us you can come out of hiding now - where’ s the hidden camera??

If it's Russell Wilson, it's a hard yes for me. Trade Tua and picks. A franchise QB, that still has plenty of good years in front of him, is too hard to pass up.

I like Wilson too, but this year he stared down a lot of wide open receivers, with plenty of time to throw and just....didn't. I mean literally staring at them, not missing them or not seeing them. Just watching.

His stat line was still solid, I just really want to know why he was like that this season.

Not sure if I can find it again, but there was an entire compilation video of it a bit earlier in the year on Seahawks reddit.

Back
Top Bottom