Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
First off I didn’t say that passing for 300 yards a game was going to win it, but if you’re winning 2/3 of the time I’ll take it.🤣🤣

Seriously. I'd also be interested in whether those losses were also against a 300 yard passer.

In any game where two QB do it, one is going to lose and manipulate the stat. Or maybe winner finished with....GASP....275 yards and the loser 305 yards.

I have no hard numbers, but id imagine taking those type of games away would leave you with somewhere from a 75% to 85% win rate.

When people say things like this I face palm.

One of our biggest offensive issues was leadership. A QB that can accurately predict a defense and get his offense set accordingly would absolutely have been successful, or rather more successful.

He wouldn't play to his top potential, but it would still be worlds better than we saw in every aspect.

Just ftr its not even anti Tua. Rodgers is one of the few QB who are just on another level, and at that level you provide extra benefits to your entire offense.
The point is that Rodgers is not winning the SB in this offense. We aren't even winning the division with just Rodgers replacing Tua.

If the acquisition of a top flight QB means that we can't improve the rest of the roster, then I fail to see the point. Especially since we have not idea how long he will continue to play.

Why do people keep supporting delusional stuff like this. We just fired our coach because he didn't support Tua. Clearly this organization has not given up on him yet, nor should they.

Build around him, get OL, RB and WR help...and look to the 2023 draft if Tua doesn't progress. It's really that simple.
So then it’s Ross and Grier running the show and not the HC?

Because according to this forum, Flores was left entirely to his own devices and is to blame for eeeeeeverything.

So which is it? Is Ross lying when he says it’s going to be up to the HC?

If I’m hired by the Phins, I’m sure as hell not tying myself to Tua. He wasn’t my choice and he hasn’t shown he can take over a game.

I’m bringing in a proven vet and letting training camp sort them out. Whichever QB looks better, that’s the one that’ll be under center.

I chose Wilson because I went with pick a QB. If it’s pick the situation, I’d stay with Tua and draft Oline with every pick in the draft on top of signing veteran FA OL veterans. (Exaggerating to clarify)

Not so much arguing. I just don't see how someone can say an all time great wouldn't be good here or succeed.

Like I said, not even about Tua. Rodgers could go to 30 teams and make them better.
Because as recently as 2018 that QB was 6-9-1. Since then they replaced McCarthy with a HC that looks pretty damn good. They have had a top 5 pass blocking line every year (#1 twice). I don't think the 2018 Packers had a worse supporting cast than the 2021 Dolphins.

We make the playoffs this year with Rodgers but then what?

I can hear Sean Payton licking his chops over the possibility of having Russell Wilson behind center.

I'd also look for Pittsburgh to be active in the veteran QB market.

Us? Stick with Tua and draft a prospect in the middle rounds.
Makes good sense.

I'm sure though, that we have some posters who would disagree.

Because as recently as 2018 that QB was 6-9-1. Since then they replaced McCarthy with a HC that looks pretty damn good. They have had a top 5 pass blocking line every year (#1 twice). I don't think the 2018 Packers had a worse supporting cast than the 2021 Dolphins.

We make the playoffs this year with Rodgers but then what?
We would have made the playoffs regardless if Flo let Tua play.

Don't know about 30 but yes, better.

Thing is, if it isn't "championship contender" better immediately, what would be the point? How many more seasons is AR likely to play? Will there be substantial fall off (Brady is the ultimate outlier). Is AR's percieved, shall we say, quirkiness as bad as it appears at times. I mean he could just get fed up one day and say screw it.

I guess my point is "succeed" is subjective. To me, deep playoff runs, with a legitimate chance at a championship is my goal, and I doubt AR is around that long.
Even the great Brady struggled in NE when he had nothing around him near the end.

Mia has how many playmakers on offense? Guys who can create? One?

Back
Top Bottom