Ian Rapaport: Tunsil Injury not Major | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport: Tunsil Injury not Major

I think a lot of you are underestimating an NFL team way too much. This 49er game is no where near a guarantee.

Clutch, though I agree with you, that underestimating any team is a bad idea, what you need to understand, we now have three very important quality O-linemen that are shaky, put one in too early and that player may end up done for the rest of the season when we will really need them.

If you can get away with giving those guys a bit more recovery time, in the end, it will benefit the team more.

Ajayi has proven he does not need much room to succeed, run the ball, move around Tannehill a bit, and try to play a smart game at home while those guys heal for the away Ravens game.

Hoops has the right idea. Line up 2 TE sets and go heavy run formations and try to run the ball early and often to protect that left side of the line which will be all backups.
49ers are terrible against the run. Last week they struggled stopping the run against NE, but did find some success slowing the Pats passing game down in the first half.
Defensively, contain Colin and Carlos in the run game and on offense run the ball effectively and kill the 49ers with play action. That'll be the game plan.

if tunsil is healthy you play him...this isn't some hamstring. it's a shoulder. last thing i want is for this game to get choppy because of poor protection.

Great to hear that Tunsil's injury is not serious. I think we can get by without him this week. But, the lack of depth at OT will really show this week.

I think our injuries at OT hurt us in the run game. No elephant packages unless we use a OG. Our 2 TE sets will be required to run the ball a lot.

IMHO, we are looking at a balanced attack this week. Yes, go big and establish the run, but mix in play action and shots deep to prevent 8 in the box all game.

We have been using more than 5 OL for most weeks now, so our lack of depth either means that ends or we use the elephant backfield less this week.

I do expect to see us using a fullback more, but we will likely also be running out of spread formations this week.

If Miami has another one on its schedule, this would be another trap game for us. Guys like Staley and Brooks are still good players. Kaepernick is a wildcard who could give our defense fits since we only have 1 good LB. Clear Kiko out and San Francisco could dominate possession (I care about # of plays not time).

We will not win this game 6-3. Our offense needs to put points on the board and limit turnovers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom