Ian Rapaport: Tunsil Injury not Major | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport: Tunsil Injury not Major

I think we can roll as it is for SF. It looks like we should have at least 2 of those guys back against Baltimore

well let me put this out there to ya

young, james, poole/harris likely your 3 tackles vs san fran

confidence level?

We scored 14 points in the last 2 possessions of the game last week against one of the best Dlines. We've proven we can get it done when some of our best players are watching from the sideline.

Frankly, I feel this game is Tannehill's and the WR's game to dominate. I know SF is bad against the run, but something tells me we will need RT and Co. to make an impression early in this game to open up the running game.

Something along the lines of a jugular shot down the field on an opening drive to set the tone early. If the skill players can grab the momentum early, the OL can find its way with less pressure at the point of attack. We need to get their D on their heels early and dictate. Cover the weaknesses with pressure.

Considering that he 49ers are dead last in sacks and bad in Run D I think you may be right.

And would be the typical old Dolphin team that would allow more sacks by SF than any other team has this year.
Lets hope this team has turned the corner.

I think a lot of you are underestimating an NFL team way too much. This 49er game is no where near a guarantee.

Do I think we can beat the 49ers while still missing our 3 starters? Sure

My concern is in limiting the hits on and pushing the physical limits of Tannehill.

49ers are giving up almost 180 ypg on the ground. If there was a game to just run the ball 40 times...this is it. Time for Kenyon Drake to get some significant play time.

If accurate this is a major, major sigh of relief. There's now a good chance that we can get back all of the three injured linemen back for the Ravens game. If that happens, get hype baby! We'll have a real shot at 7 straight Ws. Pound that rock with the Jay train.

I didn't think Pouncey would be back till much later, and thought he'd have ZERO chance to return for Baltimore. Hopefully, Albert would be back for Baltimore, which would give us two of the three back. Is that best-case scenario?

Honestly, I kind of hope not. If we can beat the Rams defense in LA with Steen, Young and Urbik, we should be able to beat the 49ers and let our starting guys more fully recover..

Agreed. Let him heal up for the more important game. I get every game is important and Gase wants to take one game at a time but the Baltimore game is more important.

49ers are giving up almost 180 ypg on the ground. If there was a game to just run the ball 40 times...this is it. Time for Kenyon Drake to get some significant play time.

that's why the plan should be pretty easy...one where we can hide the protection...line up in 12 or 13 and run downhill at them and work off pa in the passing game

should be a big day for ajayi

I think a lot of you are underestimating an NFL team way too much. This 49er game is no where near a guarantee.

Of course not! And if you think Coach Gase is going to overlook the 49ers? No way.

But I watched the full 49ers/Patriots game last week and I got to tell you, that team isn't good. We should win this game.

The Patriots really sleepwalked through that game for the most part, and if not for Tom Brady playing out of his mind in what was essentially his NFL homecoming game (after 15 years!), the 49ers could have been in it at the end. But the 49ers did not impress me. At all. No talent.

that's why the plan should be pretty easy...one where we can hide the protection...line up in 12 or 13 and run downhill at them and work off pa in the passing game

should be a big day for ajayi

I can see Ajayi getting 25+ carries in this game...Williams 6-8 carries and Drake get maybe 4-6 carries.

I agree we need Ajayi to have a big game but I'm curious as to what kind of blocking he will get with the 4 starters out. You would think we'd be running to the right but SF should be expecting that and might rool their defense over to that side a bit. Tannehill will need to make so reads and see where the holes are. With the way Parker has played the last two weeks SF should be accounting for him so Landry and Stills should get some one on ones out there.

Ozzy rules!!

Even with our depleted line, Jay Ajayi is still NFL.com's Fantasy Starting RB of the week:
... [The 49ers] defense has allowed the most fantasy points (28.6 PPG) and rushing yards (1,576) to running backs, and are tied for the most rushing touchdowns (13) surrendered. ...
Start 'Em Sit 'Em

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom