If 0-16 were certain... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If 0-16 were certain...

If you knew the Dolphins were goign to go 0-16, would you watch the games?

• Yes, I'd watch every game I could.

Votes: 99 93.4%
  • No, I'd find something better to do or another team to watch.

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
If 0-16 was certain...

I think I would still want to watch...

If I knew that, I would still watch to see if I won money from the bets I'd place.

I'd use the 21 point rule. Once they were down by 21, I'd watch the following offensive possesion to see if they score after that peace. (I've got Sunday Ticket)

Booo

Booo!

I won't even vote. Pessimism won't get us anywhere, even if it doesn't state that somebody thinks we'll go 0-16, why bring it up?

Blah...

:yell:

We will take the AFC East this year. Keep the faith!

mtd said:
Booo!

I won't even vote. Pessimism won't get us anywhere, even if it doesn't state that somebody thinks we'll go 0-16, why bring it up?

Blah...

:yell:

We will take the AFC East this year. Keep the faith!

MTD, You've got me all wrong. This is a hypothetical question, its not what I think will happen, and its not about pessimism. Plus, it applies to any season not just this one.

As for me personally, I think (hope) the Phins will have a decent year, I am probably one of the more optimistic posters in fact.

What I am really trying to do is get a feel for whether or not WINNING is a is a requirement for most of us here to be fans, and I am pleasantly surprised to see that it doesn't seem to be.

P.S. Welcome to the Board :)

Scrap said:
That's more realistic. :D
EXACTLY! :fire:

To say we would go 0-16 is sacrilgeous. No matter how bad you think your team is, you just don't say zero.

Phinz4Life said:
EXACTLY! :fire:

To say we would go 0-16 is sacrilgeous. No matter how bad you think your team is, you just don't say zero.

As I eluded to in my response to MTD, this is NOT a projection or guess on how the Phins will do this year, its a measure of fan loyalty in a hypothetical situation.

It DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS YEAR, IT APPLIES TO ANY YEAR.

It would be nice if people would read all the posts before they bash...

I don't know. I usually get Sunday Ticket and watch every game. This is the first year I have ever considered not getting it. If I don't get it, I will watch every game they show in my area. Money is tight for me right now (having just had our second baby), and this offseason has got me seriously considering not getting Sunday Ticket. I will probably make my decision after I see what they do with the RB/WR positions.

Being pessimistic does not automatically mean a lack of love or ill wishes for our team. It's a belief -- with at least some basis -- that this year's team probably won't be as good as the last few years or the next few years. Those of us in the pessimist camp right now want the Dolphins to win it all this year...we just don't see it as particularly plausible given the current state of the team.

Hell, I'm still a fan, and so I can see where need to improve next year. It would be ignorant to think they will go 0-16 however.

Sure I'd watch...gotta see how the new players are going to shape up for 2005. Heck, with the top draft pick and Tony Wise as our coach...sweeeeet. I'll say this though...AJ Feeley would have to REALLY look good to be worth the top 2nd round pick ;)

Back
Top Bottom