If Flores Is Hired, What Will Our Base Defense Be? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Flores Is Hired, What Will Our Base Defense Be?

We have zero playmakers in the front 7, anything moving forward would be a improvement.

And I would love to see a move back to the 3-4.

so Belichick is a chatty cathy doll right?

I swear some FH posters treat the NFL like its fantasy football or a popularity contest

I don't know if Flores will be a great HC but he doesn't have to be gregarious and wide open to
be that. I don't care if he tells you **** as long as he wins and his players dig him
Some Finheaveners? I guess those would be those that don’t share the same point of view as you? Communication is the number one priority in any leader and the manner in which the message delivered is the top part of leadership. (This is where my insightful over reaching self worth of my normal opinion would go). So to the point you want a person who is Clear, Consise and Convicted as your leader, yes it is very important umm I mean Uhh I think it is, catch my drift.

Just for reference....

https://www.clearpointstrategy.com/strategic-leadership-characteristics/

Excerpt for those who don’t wish to click over....

1. Strong Communication
Without a doubt, being an effective communicator is a top attribute of a strategic leader. You may have a clear vision of what you’re trying to accomplish, but if you can’t convey it to your team or colleagues, it will be almost impossible to carry out. By developing the ability to clearly describe what you want done and relate it to your team, you will unite everyone’s efforts. More specifically, your team needs to be aligned and on-board with your strategic objectives and goals to be successful

https://www.inc.com/kat-boogaard/ac...his-is-the-most-important-leadership-tra.html

Your team is made up of different people -- people who have varying capabilities and shortcomings. However, as the leader, you should make every effort to base your conversations on your team members' strengths, and not their weaknesses.

Not only will this make conversations more beneficial and demonstrate that you have a high opinion of your employees, but it can also serve to make your team that much more productive.

In fact, the Corporate Leadership Councildiscovered that engaging in a conversation that centers on an employee's strengths will improve performance by nearly 37 percent.

So focus on what your employees bring to the table, rather than on what they're lacking. While those tough conversations might still need to happen every now and then, making an effort to stay primarily zoned in on strengths will lead to a much more positive atmosphere for your team.

Some Finheaveners? I guess those would be those that don’t share the same point of view as you? Communication is the number one priority in any leader and the manner in which the message delivered is the top part of leadership. (This is where my insightful over reaching self worth of my normal opinion would go). So to the point you want a person who is Clear, Consise and Convicted as your leader, yes it is very important umm I mean Uhh I think it is, catch my drift.

so I'll put you in the "know it all" category

Does anyone have insight, as to why he did so many different things?

Seems like he took the scouting asst job just to get his foot in the door, then systematically learned all phases of the game.

Perhaps he's one of those driven personality types. He is highly educated, having a degree in English, as well as a masters degree in administrative studies.

To me, since we will be in nickel about 70% of the time anyway, I am not as concerned about the base defense as I am about our DC being able to adjust during the game. I am not sure who our DC will be, but I am hoping it is someone who has bigger balls than Burke. He pussified our defense.

At very worst - it must be better than Matt Burke his loser 9 and refusal to use multiple personnel.
It literally cannot be any worse.

The Patriots switched to more of a hybrid defense back in 2010. It really isn't a question of a 4-3 or a 3-4 anymore unless its a goalline or short yard situation. They like to play a lot of 2 gap technique. You may see Hightower play a classic run stuffing inside linebacker when they are showing more of a 4-3 and than they will rotate him to the outside to rush the passer when they switch to a 3-4 look. You will also see a lot of nickel, dime, and even quarters, it's not so much of sticking to a specific base formation as much as it is adjusting your formation to what the offense is showing you.

Whether Flores transfers that theory over the us or not remains to be seen but it does seem to be becoming a more effective way to do things in todays NFL with all of the spread looks.

You lost Burke at hybrid.
He’s like “is that a type of plant I would find on my hiking trail?”

Turning to a 3-4 front would be a long road IMO, and a road I am not interested in honestly. At least not until there is some turnover on the front 7 and then we have close to the personnel.

New England is always switching it up and Flores has been in NE since 2004 I believe. He's seen it all

The problem is that how much did he contribute. Belichick never made him DC but we make him HC. It’s like we hire a guy that is going to need training wheels.

Back
Top Bottom