If Henne and our secondary all played in NEW YORK... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Henne and our secondary all played in NEW YORK...

No its not more impressive. They throw Revis's way because there might be a chance the receiver catches the ball. They dont even throw towards Nhamdi because they already know the receiver wont catch it.
:thanks: and ill say it again asumugha didnt get burnt by ginn for a 50 yarder!!!!!!!!!!

Sanchez was about as responsible for their success as the waterboy....but I'm guessing the waterboy did less to harm them during the year.

Sanchez was bad. one of the worst starting QB in the league last year.

12 TD and 20 INt is not a decent year by any standard.

worse yet for the 'Sanchize' (yuk!) is his 4th qtr/OT numbers:

1 TD, 10 INT, 49%, 39.7 QB rating.

he wasn't asked to win games for them often, but when he was....pathetic....even for a rookie.

can he improve? sure. the Jests better hope he does a lot.

I disagree on Sanchez.. He still has to throw the ball down the field for someone to catch. Sometimes stats are misleading. And I KNOW you know that. Stats aside, if Henne had those stats and took us to the AFC Championship we'd all be happy. Sometimes you throw stats out the window for wins. Remember our game against Indy last year? We won the stat battle, they won the game. Was Sanchez Manning-like.. of course not. But for a guy getting baptized by fire he did alright.

Yes, I'd rather have Henne, but I think Sanchez will be given an opportunity to develop into the position with all the keys around him.

What I am looking forward to is the Henne/Sanchez match-up for years to come.

No its not more impressive. They throw Revis's way because there might be a chance the receiver catches the ball. They dont even throw towards Nhamdi because they already know the receiver wont catch it.

If that is the case why did receivers Nhamdi was covering produce more than receivers Revis was covering?

Doesn't that make waht revis did even more impressive? seeing more passes and the WRs he's covering are catching less balls for less yards and less TDs.

no, not really.

what Revis did was fantastic and stands on its own......he got tested and shined...and the stats showed that from the beginning...which is why I say it's not more impressive after seeing the TA%

...but it does make NA look that much more impressive.

because by looking at his other stats, you don't get a gauge on just how much he was avoided.

and by the numbers I'm looking at, he didn't allow less catches, less yards or less touchdowns than NA.

12 TD, 20 INT

the numbers are not skewed....skewing the numbers would be what you are attempting to do...what you always attempt to do. :lol:

hahah, exactly. Numbers are Numbers, bottomline. If he had ONE game with zero TDs and 7 ints or some anomaly, then MAYBE you could argue, but FOUR games is a quarter of the season my friend.

And Revis IS overrated. Like I said, he is VERY GOOD, but people are anointing him the next prophet already. Lets see what he continues to do. Cromartie was great for a year too, and look since. Jime Rome said it best..."At some point in 2008, Cromartie stopped making plays and started making babies."

Revis is great. Dirty reminds me of Brett Favre. the good and the bad parts. (Excluding arm strength) He'll?make a lot of big plays but also a lot of mistakes.

Stats matter for contracts. There is only ONE start that matters. WINS.

The Jets made it to the AFC Championship. They deserve the attention. Just like we got when we won the AFC. At least they won a playoff game.

I don't care who is overrated or not. We'd take Revis in a heartbeat. Superstars can coming crashing down in a heartbeat. (Roethleisberger)

As long as you win.. baby, as long as you win. right now the Jets finished better than us. Until we start playing games we've got to concentrate on our house. Not theirs.

You have to be complete homer to even think our secondary is near as good as the Jets. Our secondary was tourched last year... Homerism is alive and well here at Finheaven.

You have to be complete homer to even think our secondary is near as good as the Jets. Our secondary was tourched last year... Homerism is alive and well here at Finheaven.

You've been here since 2004 and just now admitting it? :chuckle:

They would get as much or more attention then Sanchez, Cromartie and Revis do. I mean, I realize Revis is good, but does anyone else think this guy is highly overrated? Sanchez, everyone knows, is WAY overrated and Henne has much more upside, but I believe if Vontae played in New York that the world would be in love with him.

Anyways, I am excited for our secondary this year. Both corners are now "veterans" and have gotten over their rookie mistakes. We get Will Allen back and that will help a lot.

This is going to be fun...

Funny post, if Vontae Davis was on the Jets our fans probably wouldn't be that excited. He didn't have a great rookie season like a lot of you guys think, he had a rookie season like Dwight Lowery had for the Jets. Our fans weren't anointing Lowery as a future HOFer either.

The reason the Jets secondary is getting hype is because they are the MOST TALENTED unit in football without question.

Revis gets hype because of what he does on the field, he has been a stud since he stepped out on the field as a rookie. He had a much better rookie season than Vontae Davis...

The way the Dolphins are building their team it reminds me of how Parcells built the Cowboys, they couldn't stop the pass. Not the way you build a team in todays NFL.

And Sanchez gets hype because he was a rookie QB that has a lot of talent and had the best rookie performance for a QB in the playoffs in history. Henne does not have "much better upside" either. Yeah Henne was more ready to start since he had a year on the bench to learn from Pennington while Sanchez had to learn on the field, but that doesn't change anything.

:thanks: and ill say it again asumugha didnt get burnt by ginn for a 50 yarder!!!!!!!!!!

And Nnamdi never has gotten beat? Only reason you are saying hes better is because your a Dolphins fan, you haven't even watched Nnamdi play probably.

Back
Top Bottom