If I hear 10-6 one more time... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I hear 10-6 one more time...

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
I swear, I keep reading 10-6 thrown out there like it means something. Does anyone actually think that we were close to being a top tier team last season? Did everyone miss the fact that we lost EVERY game we played against GOOD teams? You want a reason why some players might be turned off by Miami? Here it is...the ONLY thing we've demonstrated over the last 3 seasons(other than the Ricky trade), is a commitment to mediocrity. Our rallying cry has been "WE WON'T SUCK!!!!". As rallying cries, that ones up there with "NOT THE FACE!!!!". Even our coaches attitude is "keep it close and hope we're lucky". How inspiring is it to go into a game with the goal of not getting blown out? Sure, money is the #1 priority of almost every player. But don't you think they also want to go someplace where they can get excited? Someplace where things are moving, risks are being taken? Bellichicken coaches the most god awful franchise in football. But his players always give 110%, and I think a big part of the reason for that is because he keeps them excited. He lets them try new things, he lets them push themselves. Sadly, I don't think this is something Wanny can fix...it's just the way he is as a person. Unfortunately, I think that it's just an atmosphere which incoming FA's can pick up on, and that might be why they're saying no.

i know its hard to be optimistic i am the same way the pattern just keeps repeating itself but a new year is coming and hope spring eternal feely may turn out to be a good QB we still have the draft and FA isn't over just yet. i know its hard not to vent with the few moves we have made but until the season starts i will give them the benifit if the dought because there is not much else i can do about it.

No one thought the Carolina Panthers were a top tier team either...until they went to the Super Bowl and nearly won it.

Once the playoffs start anything can happen.

10-6 gets you the playoffs every year except for 2...I'll take 10-6 to the bank right now for 2004, if only Tagliabue would let me.

LOL... some real smart alecks on this board! LMAO. Can you feel the love?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I swear, I keep reading 10-6 thrown out there like it means something. Does anyone actually think that we were close to being a top tier team last season? Did everyone miss the fact that we lost EVERY game we played against GOOD teams? You want a reason why some players might be turned off by Miami? Here it is...the ONLY thing we've demonstrated over the last 3 seasons(other than the Ricky trade), is a commitment to mediocrity. Our rallying cry has been "WE WON'T SUCK!!!!". As rallying cries, that ones up there with "NOT THE FACE!!!!". Even our coaches attitude is "keep it close and hope we're lucky". How inspiring is it to go into a game with the goal of not getting blown out? Sure, money is the #1 priority of almost every player. But don't you think they also want to go someplace where they can get excited? Someplace where things are moving, risks are being taken? Bellichicken coaches the most god awful franchise in football. But his players always give 110%, and I think a big part of the reason for that is because he keeps them excited. He lets them try new things, he lets them push themselves. Sadly, I don't think this is something Wanny can fix...it's just the way he is as a person. Unfortunately, I think that it's just an atmosphere which incoming FA's can pick up on, and that might be why they're saying no.

Ain't it the truth !!
but even the Ricky deal looks more stupid all the time in that we aquired Ricky and haven't done one damn thing to try and help him out, except for a bunch of lying promises.

the reason why 10-6 is so interesting is because our offense was ****, fiedler had like 7 more turnoavers than TDs and ricky williams rushed for 3.5 yards a carry, and we didn't have a 1000 yard receiver, thats pathetic... those are bottom of the league numbers and everyone was down on our defense and coaching too, we should have been no where near the playoffs with all that considered. That being said, there was only one game we were blown out, and we had a legit shot at the rest.

this despite no offense, our "overrated defense" according to most on this board, and our "terrible coaching."

No we weren't dominant, yes all our losses were to good teams, only one being a blow out, and yet we still only missed out on the playoffs by a tie breaker. By the way we had a tougher schedule than anyone in the playoffs according to strength of schedule. so with that im just hoping rick is making the right moves to give us a little boost, no real complaints so far aside from mcintosh's stupid ankle

10-6

Originally posted by NJPHINFAN
No one thought the Carolina Panthers were a top tier team either...until they went to the Super Bowl and nearly won it.

Once the playoffs start anything can happen.

10-6 gets you the playoffs every year except for 2...I'll take 10-6 to the bank right now for 2004, if only Tagliabue would let me.

I disagree...getting to the Playoffs is frequently the result of circumstance as much as quality. It's what happens when you get there that seperates the wheat from the chaff. And judging by our results against those quality teams, we weren't in that group.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

I disagree...getting to the Playoffs is frequently the result of circumstance as much as quality. It's what happens when you get there that seperates the wheat from the chaff. And judging by our results against those quality teams, we weren't in that group.

Yes, but...

10-6

Back
Top Bottom