If I hear 10-6 one more time... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I hear 10-6 one more time...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Baltimore and Dallas were NOT really god last year. Both were SERIOUSLY flawed teams. In 2002? Same thing, flawed teams.

Never mind, you're right... we only beat the SERIOUSLY FLAWED representative of the AFC in the SB in 2002. And wasn't home field advantage in the playoffs at stake at that point? Even though the games that followed sealed our fate, that does not take anything away from that win.

You have the right to think what you want, but if ignoring reality is necessary to make your point, maybe you don't have one....

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

I understood his point and didn't agree with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NE win the SB in 2001. Didn't Oak go to the SB in 2002?

Didn't we 'pack with' NE (the SB champs) last year?

Nice to ignore that parts of reality that don't support your position.

And nice of you to fail to realize that I didn't say we never beat any good teams. My point is that you had to go back a number of years to come up with a "substantial" list.
If you want to talk reality, NO we didn't "pack" with NE last yr. We lost both games and i hope you don't come back with a wek argument that if mare' hadn't have missed 2 fGs, yad yada, it doesn't matter. We frikkin' lost the game. yeah, and we really "packed" in NE also. Laid a great big goose egg up there. sorry, but reality doesn't support your position tho.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

And nice of you to fail to realize that I didn't say we never beat any good teams. My point is that you had to go back a number of years to come up with a "substantial" list.
If you want to talk reality, NO we didn't "pack" with NE last yr. We lost both games and i hope you don't come back with a wek argument that if mare' hadn't have missed 2 fGs, yad yada, it doesn't matter. We frikkin' lost the game. yeah, and we really "packed" in NE also. Laid a great big goose egg up there. sorry, but reality doesn't support your position tho.

You can only play who is no your schedule...

You jumped in and took the side of a person who stated 'I can't remember when we beat a really good team'. I tried to help him with his memory problem. If you weren't trying to make the same point as him, you should have been clearer or actually made a point.

You've made no comments that support your point that the Fins can only beat the chumps of the league.

While the missed FGs against NE don't matter to you, they do to me.

I think the point he's making is that we only beat the chumps of the league and can't pack with the real contenders.

And nice of you to fail to realize that I didn't say we never beat any good teams.

You attempted to reiterate his point...and now you don't agree with it? Maybe my understanding of logic is flawed....

I assumed that if we only beat chumps, that means we don't beat good teams.

Is there another way to interpret this?

You can only play who is no your schedule...

You jumped in and took the side of a person who stated 'I can't remember when we beat a really good team'. I tried to help him with his memory problem. If you weren't trying to make the same point as him, you should have been clearer or actually made a point.

You've made no comments that support your point that the Fins can only beat the chumps of the league.

While the missed FGs against NE don't matter to you, they do to me.

Well, Miami has supposedly had one of the more difficult strentgh of schedules and such. But you're running away with nothing here. One dude sez he can't remeber when we beat a good team, then you come back with a handful over 4 or 5 yrs to which i commeneted on that. That being it took a few yrs for you to come up with THAT many. But the point you're missing is the big reason we haven't beaten many good teams lately is because we LOST to them. It doesn't mean that they haven't been on the schedule. tell you what, you go back and along side of the "good" teams we beat during the yrs you listed, put down the other good teams we losrt to in the same time frame.

Well, Miami has supposedly had one of the more difficult strentgh of schedules and such. But you're running away with nothing here. One dude sez he can't remeber when we beat a good team, then you come back with a handful over 4 or 5 yrs to which i commeneted on that. That being it took a few yrs for you to come up with THAT many. But the point you're missing is the big reason we haven't beaten many good teams lately is because we LOST to them. It doesn't mean that they haven't been on the schedule. tell you what, you go back and along side of the "good" teams we beat during the yrs you listed, put down the other good teams we losrt to in the same time frame.

Actually, I came up with at least two EVERY year. His comment was lame. He didn't say we haven't beaten too many lately. He implied we haven't beaten ANY.

Tell you what, stick to the point and back it up, or admit the original statement (and your support of it) was wrong.

You attempted to reiterate his point...and now you don't agree with it? Maybe my understanding of logic is flawed....

OMG !!! UN-Fing-BELIEVABLE!! Do you think it was in the LITERAL sense to the letter. Seldom is it ever around here. OK, take last yr for instance. We had 1 loss against teams with losing records and beating about 8 or9 of those same teams. That leave only 6 or 7 games left with 5 more losses. So you figure it out, but if you want to take it literally, well.................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well?

( ..... sitting here whisling the theme from Jeopardy.....)

OMG !!! UN-Fing-BELIEVABLE!! Do you think it was in the LITERAL sense to the letter. Seldom is it ever around here. OK, take last yr for instance. We had 1 loss against teams with losing records and beating about 8 or9 of those same teams. That leave only 6 or 7 games left with 5 more losses. So you figure it out, but if you want to take it literally, well.................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats the problem with too many posters on this board. They want to make outrageous statements and not have to back them up.....

When you make absolute statements, be prepared to be proven absolutely wrong....

Actually, I came up with at least two EVERY year. His comment was lame. He didn't say we haven't beaten too many lately. He implied we haven't beaten ANY.

Tell you what, stick to the point and back it up, or admit the original statement (and your support of it) was wrong.

Oh gee, i'm wrong and you're right1 feel better yet?

Back
Top Bottom