If I hear 10-6 one more time... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I hear 10-6 one more time...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I was 19 in '88, so I've been there. And I've been friends with Packer fans for years who suffered through the "Pre-Brett" days, so I've seen true fans stick with a team. You want to know what I blame? I blame Don Shula for sticking around too long and not understanding the salary cap. I blame Jimmy for being overblown as a coach. And I blame Wanny for being the unltimate care-taker coach. You ask wht we'd do if Miami had a bad season? Well I can tell you what I'd do...I'd appreciate the games we DID win more. Right now, I spend more than half the season waiting for the "Real Dolphins" to show up, and they haven't failed to "disapoint" me for two decades. I can't help it. I can't just inscrew my brain and convince myself that it's NOT going to happen...again. But unfortunately, I also can't stop rooting for the Phins. You want to know the last time I really enjoyed a football season? I lived in Houston year before last. I watched and enjoyed EVERY game rooting for the Texans (since they didn't play the Phins) because I knew those wins meant something. If they played hard and lost they could take pride in the game. If they actually WON they could jump through the roof. Miami beats a bad team and it's..."yeah, well we SHOULD have beaten them". Miami beats a mediocre team, and it's the same thing. I'd comment on what it's like for Miami to beat a really good team, but I haven't seen that in so long I've forgotten what it's like.

I know ...I know...But you can't blame Shues for catching AIDS when all he had knowledge of was CLAP. He knew how to manage old school football teams when what you saw, was what you got. He and the game he loved had become a relic right before his eyes.

JJ...well the same for him too. The game passed him by. It is really sad...he sacrificed his home life for the game and lost.

Wanny...a class act, perhaps with the wrong team at the wrong time. Honestly not bad for a team with an inconsistant passing game. His fault for not doing something about it? Yes...but hell we all make mistakes. His mistake...allowing his defensive mindset...attitude..to admire an inaccurate QB with LB gumption to remain starter.

All of this is about to be over!

Try below .500 and whine to me then. Are we satisfied with 10-6? Of course not, but a lot of you guys are bellyaching like we just turned in a 6-10 season. It is truly ridiculous.

Originally posted by Agua
Try below .500 and whine to me then. Are we satisfied with 10-6? Of course not, but a lot of you guys are bellyaching like we just turned in a 6-10 season. It is truly ridiculous.

Aqua....We're on the same team?

I'd comment on what it's like for Miami to beat a really good team, but I haven't seen that in so long I've forgotten what it's like.

Baltimore and Dallas last year

NE, Indy, Jets, Oakland in 2002

Oak, NE in 2001

GB, Indy in 2000

Aren't you being a little harsh?

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Oak, NE in 2001

GB, Indy in 2000

Baltimore and Dallas were NOT really god last year. Both were SERIOUSLY flawed teams. In 2002? Same thing, flawed teams. GB, maybe, but even then, flawed teams. Again. making the Playoffs doesn't prove anything. After all, by your logic, teams that beat us a few years ago beat a very good team...only to watch that very good team get blown out at a record setting pace by Jacksonville. Don't buy all the hype...sometimes teams make the Playoffs because of circumstance, not because of quality.

Baltimore and Dallas were NOT really good last year. Both were SERIOUSLY flawed teams. In 2002? Same thing, flawed teams. GB, maybe, but even then, flawed teams. Again. making the Playoffs doesn't prove anything. After all, by your logic, teams that beat us a few years ago beat a very good team...only to watch that very good team get blown out at a record setting pace by Jacksonville. Don't buy all the hype...sometimes teams make the Playoffs because of circumstance, not because of quality.

I'll agree with you on "quality" or most "qualified" teams not always making the playoffs. I have seen every Superbowl there has been, by in large most of them have been the most boring game of the season. That's why I'm not overly impressed with superbowls. I've seen to many times where the best teams aren't there. The system is flawed. How? I think the roster should be expanded. 250-350 lb men can't hold up to todays punishment.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Oak, NE in 2001

GB, Indy in 2000

I don't think so. You hafta go a long way back, yes?
I think the point he's making is that we only beat the chumps of the league and can't pack with the real contenders. going 14-2 does ya little good if all those teams were chumps and you get kicked in the first playoff gm.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
they didn't make the playoffs...finished 8-8

Well....they were on their way to the superbowl before we snotclobberedem. :evil: :lol:

Baltimore and Dallas were NOT really god last year. Both were SERIOUSLY flawed teams. In 2002? Same thing, flawed teams. GB, maybe, but even then, flawed teams. Again. making the Playoffs doesn't prove anything. After all, by your logic, teams that beat us a few years ago beat a very good team...only to watch that very good team get blown out at a record setting pace by Jacksonville. Don't buy all the hype...sometimes teams make the Playoffs because of circumstance, not because of quality.

And vice versa, some teams miss because of circumstance, not because of quality....

You're going to have to way more specific on your definition of a really good team. By your logic, since Miami beat them, they can't be really good. You also discount the conditions of the Dallas game...short week of practice, on the road. There was a lot of belly aching leading up to that game. Dallas was favored (I believe), and Miami spanked them, BAD. While you might (in hind sight) feel that Dallas wasn't a really good team, you must admit, it was a really good win.

You seem to think that there are numerous teams out there with no flaws and Miami is not good enough to beat them.

BTW, since you didn't disagree with every game I mentioned, is your memory refreshed?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I don't think so. You hafta go a long way back, yes?
I think the point he's making is that we only beat the chumps of the league and can't pack with the real contenders. going 14-2 does ya little good if all those teams were chumps and you get kicked in the first playoff gm.

I understood his point and didn't agree with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NE win the SB in 2001. Didn't Oak go to the SB in 2002?

Didn't we 'pack with' NE (the SB champs) last year?

Nice to ignore that parts of reality that don't support your position.

Back
Top Bottom