If I hear 10-6 one more time... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I hear 10-6 one more time...

You wanna talk numbers? ok, I have 4 tix in row 15 for the Ozzfest!!

so that's 4 and 15

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
You wanna talk numbers? ok, I have 4 tix in row 15 for the Ozzfest!!

so that's 4 and 15

Ozzy rules!!

GAWD A MIGHTY!!!!! and I thought I liked Merle Haggard. Who is this Ozzy anyway???:evil:

Re: Re: If I hear 10-6 one more time...

Yes O-line is FINALLY recieving the attention it needs. I haven't complained about the fact that Rick is FINALLY giving it the attention Wanny did not.But unless that attention pays dividends, does it really matter? As for mediocre, Miami has it's own definition of mediocre. For other teams, mediocre is 8-8. For Miami, mediocre is never bad, but never great. We haven't approached greatness in 20 years. That's mediocre to me. Other teams have had their time in the basement, but they've also had their time in the spotlight. Miami has spent decades dancing around that spotlight, but always falling short. And just so you know, I don't think that a Superbowl ring is the only measure of success. But a REAL shot at that ring is. A trip to the AFC Championship is. LAst season we weren't NEAR good enough, and we haven't been NEAR good enough for a long time. Forgive me, but I'd like Miami to see greatness some time since the invention of the micro chip. It's been said ad nauseum, but it bears repeating...the enemy of "great" is "good", and I think overall Miami's commitment has been to "good".

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

All this nonsensical rant that started this thread says is that we weren't good enough last year....WOW what a revelation!

IMO we were too weak on the OL. Hmmm, isn't that what the FO has given the most attention to so far this offseason?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see 10-6 as mediocre. Not in the NFL.

Bill Parcels has become a legend by playing the kind of football that you call boring and uninspiring.

You also give way too much credit to the average NFL player. They are looking for money, first and foremost. If not, how can you possibly explain Woody leaving NE for Detroit, Tait leaving KC for Chicago, and Jeno James leaving Carolina for Miami?

While I'm at it, I'm sick of people whining that 10-6 means nothing. wah, wah, wah.....

It means we had 25% more wins than the average NFL team

It means we have fewer things to fix than many other teams in the NFL.

It means I GOT TO ENJOY 10 VICTORIES!

GO FINS!

Re: Re: Re: If I hear 10-6 one more time...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Yes O-line is FINALLY recieving the attention it needs. I haven't complained about the fact that Rick is FINALLY giving it the attention Wanny did not.But unless that attention pays dividends, does it really matter? As for mediocre, Miami has it's own definition of mediocre. For other teams, mediocre is 8-8. For Miami, mediocre is never bad, but never great. We haven't approached greatness in 20 years. That's mediocre to me. Other teams have had their time in the basement, but they've also had their time in the spotlight. Miami has spent decades dancing around that spotlight, but always falling short. And just so you know, I don't think that a Superbowl ring is the only measure of success. But a REAL shot at that ring is. A trip to the AFC Championship is. LAst season we weren't NEAR good enough, and we haven't been NEAR good enough for a long time. Forgive me, but I'd like Miami to see greatness some time since the invention of the micro chip. It's been said ad nauseum, but it bears repeating...the enemy of "great" is "good", and I think overall Miami's commitment has been to "good".

We will just have to disagree.....

The NFL is wide open these days. Parity has arrived. It is nearly impossible to build a dynasty.

The idea that a team that has won as many games as the Fins in the last 4 years has no shot is beyond my comprehension. Recent SB winners have ranged from a mild suprise to a shock. No one would have predicted that Carolina was going to make the SB. Their team is very similar is style (and not as good IMO) as the Dolphins.

You may not like it, but recent history is convincing the Dolphin FO that they are on the right track to building a SB winner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: If I hear 10-6 one more time...

The NFL is wide open these days. Parity has arrived. It is nearly impossible to build a dynasty.

The idea that a team that has won as many games as the Fins in the last 4 years has no shot is beyond my comprehension. Recent SB winners have ranged from a mild suprise to a shock. No one would have predicted that Carolina was going to make the SB. Their team is very similar is style (and not as good IMO) as the Dolphins.

You may not like it, but recent history is convincing the Dolphin FO that they are on the right track to building a SB winner.

"Anything can happen" is a far cry from "things are going well". Of course anything can happen. AJ Feeley COULD play like a PRoBowler. Wade Smith COULD be the next Richmond Webb. It COULD happen. But saying it's likely is pretty dim. On a more reasonable note, Miami MIGHT pick up some very servicable players to rebuild the O-line. But the sand in that gear is this...we're starting 5 players who have never started a game together in the one squad that requires the MOST time together. If we had 2-3 Tier 1 players on that line, maybe that doesn't matter. With ONE solid player, and the rest of the line consisting of Tier 2/Tier 3 players, it's going to show in my opinion.

Let's just be glad that the Dolphins have been good enough to keep us watching year after year! The reason we watch is that they finish at the 10-6 mark more than not! They give us a reason to get excite, to want to watch and to come on sites like this and duebt if they will be good or not! I'm happy that they always have a good enough team to compete every year and have a chance to make the SB! There are alot of fans of teams in the NFL would Kill for a 10-6 record and a "Chance" to actually win every year! Let me tell you fellas they will have a chance again this year and that's why I LOVE TO BE A DOLPHINS FAN!!!:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: If I hear 10-6 one more time...

Aaah, PARITY!! Now that is a profound word now. Yes, parity has indeed ;eveled the playing field and keeps the "Steinbrenner's from ruining the show pretty much and has actually made more things than we'd like become interesting. FA and the cap..........brings parity. NOW, if they want to somehow be able to include the coaching staffs included, we may finally see some different/better results around here.

12...Are we cheap? I don't think so, if that were the case Clump wouldn't be screaming "Cap Hell" at us every season.

Are we guilty of choosing poor talent? Maybe...but I think we are victims of our own success, victims of the NFL's grand scheme of "Parity". The better you are the worse they try to make you. We have been to good, for our own good. Forced to build and rebuild on lower level talent.

For those who can step back and see the whole picture, what this franchise has accomplished is really something to appreciate. I know I do.

I've asked this question before, and here it is again. How would you guys react to a loosing season? That's what it will probably take to infuse the talent it takes to be in the SB.

Someone in an earlier post said they didn't want to hear about LUCK. Well luck or lack thereof has had a lot to do with our outcome. Two missed chip shot FGs anybody? There's the difference between sitting home and making the playoffs.

I know...I believe in making my own luck too, but some of the best coaches to ever coach the game have stated they would much rather be lucky than good.

Keep in mind 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 is unacceptable to many on this board only because 1988,"our last loosing season" was before they were born or they were in grade school and to young to remember.

My point... most are to young to have even tasted a loosing season with this team, yet they scream how much the FO, the TEAM sucks.... when in reality...It's just the opposite.

We've been to good, for our own good but that will not keep us out of the playoffs next year!

Go Phins

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If I hear 10-6 one more time...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

"Anything can happen" is a far cry from "things are going well". Of course anything can happen. AJ Feeley COULD play like a PRoBowler. Wade Smith COULD be the next Richmond Webb. It COULD happen. But saying it's likely is pretty dim. On a more reasonable note, Miami MIGHT pick up some very servicable players to rebuild the O-line. But the sand in that gear is this...we're starting 5 players who have never started a game together in the one squad that requires the MOST time together. If we had 2-3 Tier 1 players on that line, maybe that doesn't matter. With ONE solid player, and the rest of the line consisting of Tier 2/Tier 3 players, it's going to show in my opinion.

The Dolphins let Richmond Webb get away because to say the least, his run blocking was not up to parr. Let's hope Smith has more to offer than that.

It's not like the FO hasn't been doing everthing they could except "Break the bank" trying to put a line together. Thre's that nasty ole thing called "Bad Luck" again. The 2002 line was on the way to being a "Very good" line. Dixon down, Nails Down victims of to much success = no depth.

Originally posted by themole
12...Are we cheap? I don't think so, if that were the case Clump wouldn't be screaming "Cap Hell" at us every season.

Are we guilty of choosing poor talent? Maybe...but I think we are victims of our own success, victims of the NFL's grand scheme of "Parity". The better you are the worse they try to make you. We have been to good, for our own good. Forced to build and rebuild on lower level talent.

For those who can step back and see the whole picture, what this franchise has accomplished is really something to appreciate. I know I do.

I've asked this question before, and here it is again. How would you guys react to a loosing season? That's what it will probably take to infuse the talent it takes to be in the SB.

Someone in an earlier post said they didn't want to hear about LUCK. Well luck or lack thereof has had a lot to do with our outcome. Two missed chip shot FGs anybody? There's the difference between sitting home and making the playoffs.

I know...I believe in making my own luck too, but some of the best coaches to ever coach the game have stated they would much rather be lucky than good.

Keep in mind 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 is unacceptable to many on this board only because 1988,"our last loosing season" was before they were born or they were in grade school and to young to remember.

My point... most are to young to have even tasted a loosing season with this team, yet they scream how much the FO, the TEAM sucks.... when in reality...It's just the opposite.

We've been to good, for our own good but that will not keep us out of the playoffs next year!

Go Phins

True, parity levels the playing field, so to speak. However, the common denominator that parity does NOT address is coaching! Yes?? ;)

I was 19 in '88, so I've been there. And I've been friends with Packer fans for years who suffered through the "Pre-Brett" days, so I've seen true fans stick with a team. You want to know what I blame? I blame Don Shula for sticking around too long and not understanding the salary cap. I blame Jimmy for being overblown as a coach. And I blame Wanny for being the unltimate care-taker coach. You ask wht we'd do if Miami had a bad season? Well I can tell you what I'd do...I'd appreciate the games we DID win more. Right now, I spend more than half the season waiting for the "Real Dolphins" to show up, and they haven't failed to "disapoint" me for two decades. I can't help it. I can't just inscrew my brain and convince myself that it's NOT going to happen...again. But unfortunately, I also can't stop rooting for the Phins. You want to know the last time I really enjoyed a football season? I lived in Houston year before last. I watched and enjoyed EVERY game rooting for the Texans (since they didn't play the Phins) because I knew those wins meant something. If they played hard and lost they could take pride in the game. If they actually WON they could jump through the roof. Miami beats a bad team and it's..."yeah, well we SHOULD have beaten them". Miami beats a mediocre team, and it's the same thing. I'd comment on what it's like for Miami to beat a really good team, but I haven't seen that in so long I've forgotten what it's like.

Originally posted by themole

Go Phins

Originally posted by DeDolfan

True, parity levels the playing field, so to speak. However, the common denominator that parity does NOT address is coaching! Yes?? ;)

What coaching?:evil:

Back
Top Bottom