"If"...If the dolphins are in fact low balling Flynn I cant blame them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"If"...If the dolphins are in fact low balling Flynn I cant blame them

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Matt Cassel, Sage Rosenfels,Kevin Kolb,A.J. Feeley, Ok you get the picture. Teams gave these guys, at least most of these guys big money and they took a steaming crap all over the field. So I cant blame the dolphins for trying to not make the same mistake. However they can create a contract that would reward him greatly for great play and success.

The fact that nobody wants Flynn is reason enough not to waste our time or money.

Franchise QB's don't need or care about a system....it's football

Matt Shaub, Mark brunell , garrad , Kurt Warner( he took time), Matt hasselback where all back ups and did ok or great once given the chance so is there a chance Matt Flynn will be great or good sure plus its a good fit becuz the coach. Now I do agree Miami shouldn't give him tons of money and alsos agree give him chances to earn a lot more money if play is good or playoffs happen etc...

I guess what I'm saying is I agree and give the kid s shot at a playing for Miami under a decent contract NOT Kevin Kolb money

Please excuse my spelling :)

I'm not sure I believe that Cleveland isn't interested. I don't think Colt McCoy is that bad, but the Browns FO isn't sold on him. We know that Cleveland wanted to trade up for RG3, and Holmgren publicly complained that Cleveland's better offer got rejected because Shanahan and Fisher have a friendship.

That said, I think Seattle is going to be real quiet on making Flynn an offer. Many people out there are speculating that they'd rather have Alex Smith, and I imagine most folks right now view SF as the favorites to land Manning.

It would be irresponsible to throw him a Kevin Kolb contract off the bat. Let the money men deal with the contracts and hopefully they can hammer out something that is reasonable for all parties.

I still think they really like Tannehill and they probably would rather structure the contract where it would make sense to also potentially add Tannehill w/o tying up big big money at the QB position with a bunch of unproven franchise guys.

I'm not sure I believe that Cleveland isn't interested. I don't think Colt McCoy is that bad, but the Browns FO isn't sold on him. We know that Cleveland wanted to trade up for RG3, and Holmgren publicly complained that Cleveland's better offer got rejected because Shanahan and Fisher have a friendship.

That said, I think Seattle is going to be real quiet on making Flynn an offer. Many people out there are speculating that they'd rather have Alex Smith, and I imagine most folks right now view SF as the favorites to land Manning.

if cleveland wanted RG3 why the hesitation with two first rounders? sorry, not buying it and if anything, the hesitation makes cleveland more stupid than us by miles.

cleveland has pretty much stated in the media that they are not all that interested. They have said they like tannehill. What Cleveland is really after is a big playmaker at 4.

we shouldnt offer him anything more than 3 years, 12 million with 4 million guaranteed.

think about it. no one else wants this dude. the seahawks are willing to offer as much as 12 million. not exactly an endorsing offer.

if he wants that mega deal, let him earn it. tom brady didnt just get handed tons of money till he actually proved it, which he did early on. if flynn is as good as everyone here seems to think for some reason, he will get that monster contract.

right now he has zero leverage.ZERO!! whats he going to threaten the fins with, its not like other teams are lining up for him exactly, and since hes 26 and is not going to just hold out, if we want him, we can get him for cheap. business101.

if cleveland wanted RG3 why the hesitation with two first rounders? sorry, not buying it and if anything, the hesitation makes cleveland more stupid than us by miles.

cleveland has pretty much stated in the media that they are not all that interested. They have said they like tannehill. What Cleveland is really after is a big playmaker at 4.

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=694

"Browns President Mike Holmgren said he made “every bit the offer” as the Washington Redskins to move up to No. 2 in the draft to take Robert Griffin III, but believes the Browns had no chance to trade with the St. Louis Rams.

“Honestly, when it didn’t happen I think there are reasons that I can’t go into right now, but there is a very close relationship between the people getting the deal done and the people who offered. And I’m not sure anything we offered would have been good enough. We were very, very aggressive and it didn’t work,” Holmgren said."

I am certain that philbin is talking sense into flynn saying his body of work needs more to the resume before he can command a 60 mil contract and that if proves it this year and next, that contract will happen right here in Miami.

If they offer Flynn a conservative contract i think that is ghe right move. To many teams mortgage the future on backups becoming starters. Now there js a huge difference between conservative and lowball, but conservative with perdormance bonuses sure.

Matt Shaub, Mark brunell , garrad , Kurt Warner( he took time), Matt hasselback where all back ups and did ok or great once given the chance so is there a chance Matt Flynn will be great or good sure plus its a good fit becuz the coach. Now I do agree Miami shouldn't give him tons of money and alsos agree give him chances to earn a lot more money if play is good or playoffs happen etc...

I guess what I'm saying is I agree and give the kid s shot at a playing for Miami under a decent contract NOT Kevin Kolb money

Please excuse my spelling :)

All the guys you mentioned had short lived success and were never really "franchise" QBs...I want the next Dan Marino, not the next Mark Brunell

Back
Top Bottom